FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My day to book fastpasses (60 days) is in a couple of days and for a couple of weeks now whenever I go on to the Disney site to log on to the FP section, I'm getting "Whoops!
We are unable to put this page together right now, so please try again later" Keep trying and it keeps coming back, any recommendations?

Well, I always got Olaf (for obvious reasons) before my 60 day window, but on my actual FP day, I think I made about two FP and then I started getting Olaf. I had to switch to the MDE app on my phone to make the rest. Occasionally, I still get Olaf when trying to modify FP. I usually closer my internet browser and try again.

Sigh, my usually simple WDW vacation has suddenly become complex because my son's GF's parents and brother have decided to be in Orlando @ the same time but are staying offsite. They only plan to visit one park - AK - one day & to do other stuff around Orlando other days.
We are on site w/ a split stay using my DVC points.
Questions:
Can I make all of the FP+ for both parts of the split stay at 60 days from day 1 of resort 1 for the 3 of us staying onsite? Or will there be 2 60 day clocks?
I'd like to try to get the offsite brother a FP+ for FOP @ 60 days & I assume if I add him as a guest on my DVC reservation and link his 1 day ticket I can do that, but I'd rather add him to the second part of the split stay as I want to get the dinning plan for the first resort. If I add him to the second part of the split stay will his window open 60 days from the start of that stay or can it start at 60 days from the start of our first resort check in even tho' he isn't listed as a guest on that part?

Question for you experts... We normally don't get to the parks till 10am. With EPCOT being a tiered system, if I booked a Tier 2 FP for 9-10a knowing I will not make it, a Tier 1 for 10-11a, and a Tier 2 for 11-12 would I be eligible for another Tier 1 at noon? Essentially booking a FP for Pixar Short Films to burn it and get through my 3 so I can get to another Tier 1 or would it force me into another tier 2?

Question for you experts... We normally don't get to the parks till 10am. With EPCOT being a tiered system, if I booked a Tier 2 FP for 9-10a knowing I will not make it, a Tier 1 for 10-11a, and a Tier 2 for 11-12 would I be eligible for another Tier 1 at noon? Essentially booking a FP for Pixar Short Films to burn it and get through my 3 so I can get to another Tier 1 or would it force me into another tier 2?

The way I read the master post, yes, but good luck finding a convenient Tier 1 at 11am.

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere, I couldn't see it in the FAQ - but can you obtain a FP for a different park other than the one you're in? ie: can I obtain a FP for a ride in AK whilst in MK?

For example I might want to grab my 4th FP for the day for a ride in AK, but then stay in MK and watch a parade rather than rush off to AK.

Thanks!

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere, I couldn't see it in the FAQ - but can you obtain a FP for a different park other than the one you're in? ie: can I obtain a FP for a ride in AK whilst in MK?

For example I might want to grab my 4th FP for the day for a ride in AK, but then stay in MK and watch a parade rather than rush off to AK.

Thanks!

Yes, but only using the app or website. The kiosks will offer selections only for the park it's located in.

Thanks!
Simple answer is yes, using the app not the kiosk.

Actually you'd be eligible as soon as you tapped that second Tier 2 at 11:00. You could also put an unpopular one (like Pixar) there that might be possible to move up. So use your Tier 1 right at 10 then move up the Pixar to 10:15 and tap there as soon as you are done with the Tier 1.

Is there some place I can go to SEE when my 60 FP+ reservation window opens. I can (and have) do the math, but I'm paranoid that I've messed something up. We check in on Thursday November 2nd. I think our FP+ window opends up this Sunday morning (Sept 3rd) at 6:00am cst.

Sigh, my usually simple WDW vacation has suddenly become complex because my son's GF's parents and brother have decided to be in Orlando @ the same time but are staying offsite. They only plan to visit one park - AK - one day & to do other stuff around Orlando other days.
We are on site w/ a split stay using my DVC points.
Questions:
Can I make all of the FP+ for both parts of the split stay at 60 days from day 1 of resort 1 for the 3 of us staying onsite? Or will there be 2 60 day clocks?
I'd like to try to get the offsite brother a FP+ for FOP @ 60 days & I assume if I add him as a guest on my DVC reservation and link his 1 day ticket I can do that, but I'd rather add him to the second part of the split stay as I want to get the dinning plan for the first resort. If I add him to the second part of the split stay will his window open 60 days from the start of that stay or can it start at 60 days from the start of our first resort check in even tho' he isn't listed as a guest on that part?

You will be able to book FPs for everyone linked to you in MDE who has tickets linked to them, 60 days out from day 1 of your first resort stay. No need to add offsite brother to your reservation. I just did this a few weeks ago

I have a question about burning FP. Yesterday during my daughter's dance class I was talking with another mom about Disney, trip planning, and booking throwaway FP. I have two throwaway FP at Epcot for my party of 4 first thing in the morning, followed by FEA FP at 1:00 for all of us, and was hoping to snag Illuminations FP after FEA. Also, there are a couple rides that I have booked FP for my party of 4, but if plans change, my DD and I may decide not to ride the rides and may not get in the line with DH/stepD or may be somewhere else completely. One in particular is NRJ - the FP is prior to our arrival at AK for TH ADR at 10:20. So, we won't even be in the park for that FP.

Anyway, this other mom has been to Disney a million times (she's one of those moms that makes matching shirts for the whole family for every day of the trip, so she appears to be a Disney expert). She told me that we HAVE to scan our wristbands at the FP line and we can't just let the window pass or expire. I feel like I've read a couple different scenarios on here. Most people seem to say that you can just let it expire (so, if we let our two Epcot Tier 2 FP expire without scanning, can we get another Tier 1 FP after we all scan in at FEA). However, I do recall reading a post by a Dad on this thread saying that he decided not to go on a ride with his daughters (for which they all had FP), he didn't scan his wristband, and then when he went to book a 4th FP in MDE for all three of them, he could only book the additional FP for his daughters and not himself. So, there appear to be some contradicting statements. I know the safest route is for all of us to scan our wristbands, but there may be a time or two where that doesn't turn out to be convenient. The main one I am most concerned about is Epcot, because I really want to try for Illuminations once we use our other three, but no one will actually be using our early morning FP. We plan to RD Soarin and TT, while the other FP expire. I suppose since DD and I aren't riding Soarin' or TT, we could take everyone's magic bands and scan them at the other two FP, but that's not really how I want to spend my time, lol. She and I could be visiting Epcot Character Spot or something while DH/stepD ride those two rides.

Anyway, this other mom has been to Disney a million times (she's one of those moms that makes matching shirts for the whole family for every day of the trip, so she appears to be a Disney expert). She told me that we HAVE to scan our wristbands at the FP line and we can't just let the window pass or expire.
She's wrong. I've done it multiple times, including at least 3 times in the last week. Just be sure when you go to make a 4th FP that you use the "+" button as if you were selecting a new FP. Do NOT use the "Modify" button on one of your current Tier 2's because then it will only show you Tier 2 options. And don't be surprised if you get a "You have already selected one of these" for the Tier 1 options, just keep looking and you'll see Tier 1 choices.

She's wrong. I've done it multiple times, including at least 3 times in the last week. Just be sure when you go to make a 4th FP that you use the "+" button as if you were selecting a new FP. Do NOT use the "Modify" button on one of your current Tier 2's because then it will only show you Tier 2 options. And don't be surprised if you get a "You have already selected one of these" for the Tier 1 options, just keep looking and you'll see Tier 1 choices.

Thanks! I don't think it's going to effect us that much except for our Epcot day. What do you think the chances are of getting an Illuminations FP at 1:00 after we scan at FEA? I keep trying to move the FEA FP up to about 10:30, but we'll see if I can get there or not.

Is there some place I can go to SEE when my 60 FP+ reservation window opens. I can (and have) do the math, but I'm paranoid that I've messed something up. We check in on Thursday November 2nd. I think our FP+ window opends up this Sunday morning (Sept 3rd) at 6:00am cst.

http://wdwuntangled.com/fastpass-calculator/

And you are correct. :)

P.S. I plan to update this soon to include the 30 day window for off-site guests.

Last edited:
Thanks! I don't think it's going to effect us that much except for our Epcot day. What do you think the chances are of getting an Illuminations FP at 1:00 after we scan at FEA? I keep trying to move the FEA FP up to about 10:30, but we'll see if I can get there or not.
FEA doesn't begin FP's until 11:00 so won't be earlier than that. Usually Illuminations isn't that hard to get but personally I don't see a big advantage to it. There are so many equally good places around WS to watch and the Illuminations FP area is usually pretty crowded so don't feel bad if you don't get it.

Last edited:
FEA doesn't being FP's until 11:00 so won't be earlier than that. Usually Illuminations isn't that hard to get but personally I don't see a big advantage to it. There are so many equally good places around WS to watch and the Illuminations FP area is usually pretty crowded so don't feel bad if you don't get it.

Thanks. I think I was mainly concerned about what time we might be meeting Anna and Elsa and if that might interfere with us getting a good spot for Illuminations. Can you see it well from Norway? I initially did a touring plan on the TP site and it said the lowest wait times for A&E were around 7:00 at night. Maybe we can meet them before our FEA FP, we just might have to wait longer.

Sorry for going OT, but I just wanted to say I love your profile pic, Gryhndmom! :dog: I have two of my own, and DH does home checks for the adoption group.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming! ;)

Calling all you wonderful FP+ experts! Here is our situation: spending 3 nights onsite at AOA, each person in party has 2 day hopper tickets. We would like to spend 1 day at AK, and 1 day Epcot/MK combo, with a resort day in between the 2. Will I be able to book FPs for the 1st day and last day (3rd day) of our stay, or do FPs have to be on consecutive days in our case since our tickets are 2 days? I hope I didn't confuse anyone, and TIA for your assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter