FastPass Policy - For Resort Guests Only

Why are people so obsessed with FP?

It's a nice feature, but who really cares that you have to wait 2 extra hours before you can get another one.

Slow down, enjoy the parks. The imagineers go to great lengths to make things enjoyable if you are waiting around. Search for hidden Mickeys, people watch,
enjoy a tasty dole whip.
Oops! How can I do that without starting the wait all over from the end of the standby line???

Maybe, but what if its only QTY 1-then your set. If its 2 you really cant think of a 2nd attraction you may be interested in? Maybe TSM again, or BTTM at 7PM beause you want to end up at MK that night and hit Wishes after. Or dont pick 2 (or 3), take your chances with the regular pool/lines.
I can think of two or three attractions I'd want to go in, like I know I want to ride Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and TSM when I spend a full day at the Studios, but I don't know when during the day I'd want to ride them, and to return FPs in advance I'd have to check all the show times to see when I'd want to do what, when my meals are, etc. That's just much too much planning and preperation for me.

Oops! How can I do that without starting the wait all over from the end of the standby line???

Exactly! That's what makes it so crazy for people to stand around at a ride entrance waiting for their fp window to open up :goodvibes. They could be doing all kinds of things, spending all kinds of money, etc.

I can think of two or three attractions I'd want to go in, like I know I want to ride Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and TSM when I spend a full day at the Studios, but I don't know when during the day I'd want to ride them, and to return FPs in advance I'd have to check all the show times to see when I'd want to do what, when my meals are, etc. That's just much too much planning and preperation for me.

Points taken, but then just take your chances like now and dont reserve ahead of time. Or if you do reserve ahead and decide against it-the standby lines will move that much faster because you didnt show.

Furthermore-I see no reason to change the current system other than reserving. Ex: choose TSM for 9:05AM-10:05AM, and TOT from 11AM to 12PM. Then just try to go during that window just like now, and you can simply go later-just like now.

All it does is help you avoid the exact same FP's and times many would likley go after anyway but without killing your self in that insane mad rush at 8AM. Enjoy your coffee or char breakfast, or sleep later with the same results and no headache.

So do you suppose Disney has CM's post messages here from time to time to test the waters on certain issues?

So maybe we're all part of market research as we type here......:cool:

Just talk to a CM or waiter. They ALL know this board and read here.:lmao:

It would not sway me in the least - as in "Now I better stay at a Disney Resort".. I can't think of one single ride or attraction that is important enough to me (or that I have ever required a Fast Pass for) that would result in such a policy having any impact in terms of my vacation planning..

I could see where it might be important to others though..

Wow, that has nothing to do w/ FP's. :headache: Anyway, if WDW went the way of FP's as a perk with rooms, it should be a flat # regardless of the level of resort. It shouldn't be broken out where you get X amt at value, Y amt at moderate, and Z amt at Deluxe because right now FP is "free" for everyone. Period. But will it ever happen, who knows...

Disney is testing this in Paris. Expensive rooms and suites get a VIP pas and for those that like this perk it can be bought for one hundred Dollar a day and person.
Yes we got these passes and they were the real magic.:tinker: They came with the room.

It was no surprise that these passes are also are sold out EVERY single day.
A friend of mine works there as a CM and he sells those passes like hot buns.:rotfl2:
Obviously there is a market for them and in due time they will be introduced in WDW.

Disney is testing this in Paris. Expensive rooms and suites get a VIP pas and for those that like this perk it can be bought for one hundred Dollar a day and person.
Yes we got these passes and they were the real magic.:tinker: They came with the room.

It was no surprise that these passes are also are sold out EVERY single day.
A friend of mine works there as a CM and he sells those passes like hot buns.:rotfl2:
Obviously there is a market for them and in due time they will be introduced in WDW.
But how many resorts does Paris have? There have to be many less then there are in WDW.

Points taken, but then just take your chances like now and dont reserve ahead of time. Or if you do reserve ahead and decide against it-the standby lines will move that much faster because you didnt show.

Furthermore-I see no reason to change the current system other than reserving. Ex: choose TSM for 9:05AM-10:05AM, and TOT from 11AM to 12PM. Then just try to go during that window just like now, and you can simply go later-just like now.

All it does is help you avoid the exact same FP's and times many would likley go after anyway but without killing your self in that insane mad rush at 8AM. Enjoy your coffee or char breakfast, or sleep later with the same results and no headache.
I see that as I do people making ADRs they might use, just so they have them in case they decide to use them. It takes it away from someone who really wants it. Sure, I'm only one person, so if I did it, the effect would be minimal, but what if every resort guest did it and never used any of those FPs? That is a lot of FPs that get wasted, no one benefits, and others suffer.

I see that as I do people making ADRs they might use, just so they have them in case they decide to use them. It takes it away from someone who really wants it. Sure, I'm only one person, so if I did it, the effect would be minimal, but what if every resort guest did it and never used any of those FPs? That is a lot of FPs that get wasted, no one benefits, and others suffer.

If no resort guests used them (I would guess closer to 10%) then the line would move that much faster-just like now.

This discussion will be a better firt on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

No.
No way.

I enjoy staying offsite. Better accomodations and cheaper.

The thought of spending all day in standby lines would be enough to kill all future WDW trips.

BTW - I don't go to Universal Studios - their fastpass policy is a factor.

You know........ I have avoided Universal of late for the same reason. If I can't stay onsite there and be part of the FOTL thing (nor do I want to pay for it) I figure why bother.

No.
No way.

I enjoy staying offsite. Better accomodations and cheaper.

The thought of spending all day in standby lines would be enough to kill all future WDW trips.

You know........ I have avoided Universal of late for the same reason. If I can't stay onsite there and be part of the FOTL thing (nor do I want to pay for it) I figure why bother.
To be fair, Universal only has three resorts, and both times I've gone there almost no one else used the express pass line. I probably wouldn't bother staying onsite again unless I got a really good deal on a room for a few nights.

To be fair, Universal only has three resorts, and both times I've gone there almost no one else used the express pass line. I probably wouldn't bother staying onsite again unless I got a really good deal on a room for a few nights.

But they DO also sell FOTL passes, which we wouldn't be buying. And we would be most interested in WWOHP, which is hard enough without contemplating starting behind a bunch of other folks from the get go.

Maybe my thoughts are wrong, but I'm always back and forth on the Universal thing. Once I throw that FOTL thing in...... it tips me back to not going.

I'm not saying that all of my decisions are sound and rational. :rolleyes1 Just like not everyone staying offsite from Disney would make a sound, rational decision if they implemented such a change to FP.

But they DO also sell FOTL passes, which we wouldn't be buying. And we would be most interested in WWOHP, which is hard enough without contemplating starting behind a bunch of other folks from the get go.

Maybe my thoughts are wrong, but I'm always back and forth on the Universal thing. Once I throw that FOTL thing in...... it tips me back to not going.

I'm not saying that all of my decisions are sound and rational. :rolleyes1 Just like not everyone staying offsite from Disney would make a sound, rational decision if they implemented such a change to FP.
I do agree that WWOHP is crowded, and that is the one area that I'm really glad I stayed onsite for, but other then that, I didn't see onsite as a real benefit. And the passes they sell, is good for one ride on each ride, and I didn't see many people using them at all. I did see one lady completely flip out at an employee though for not being allowed to ride Spiderman again, since she wasn't told when purchasing the FOTL pass that it was only good once at each attraction.

I do agree that WWOHP is crowded, and that is the one area that I'm really glad I stayed onsite for, but other then that, I didn't see onsite as a real benefit. And the passes they sell, is good for one ride on each ride, and I didn't see many people using them at all. I did see one lady completely flip out at an employee though for not being allowed to ride Spiderman again, since she wasn't told when purchasing the FOTL pass that it was only good once at each attraction.

And honestly WWOHP is the one area we would be going for. The rest would just be gravy. So here I sit on my proverbial fence again... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter