FastPass Policy - For Resort Guests Only

I guess I don't get the logic. You can come often - so get in the back of the line? :confused3 We are the ones that keep coming and support the parks even when it is slow. I just don't understand why the super busy periods being your only choice means you get something extra that I don't deserve? I don't mean to sound rude, just putting my opinion out there.

As far as the you should get FP if you spend "X" amount argument by other posters... I would estimate we spend a good little bit going a few time a week. Not only on food but other trinkets. (Dooney bags, Disney jewelry, ect.) How do you calculate the value of a guest and who does or doesn't deserve something?

I love the healthy debate and I don't want to offend anyone by asking the above. I'm just really curious why onsite guests are more valuable than locals?

Do you feel the discounts given to both AP holders and Florida residents are unfair? I would assume no. Why would rewarding onsite guests be considered unfair? Disney already does that for many different groups.

I understand locals and offsite people not liking the idea, and to be honest I'm not crazy about it either, but it's not any more unfair then discounts and other privileges given to AP holders and locals. Hardly anything Disney does is 100% fair and equal for everyone.

we've never stayed on site simply because it's easier to get on and off site using a complimentary shuttle bus. no doubt it's quite hard to get off site without a car, and as we want to see universal and international drive etc, we stay off site. i would think it unfair that only people staying on property got all the perks. it would be like 'this is disney and these are the people spending the most so sod all you off siters, all the people on property get all the goodies.

Do you feel the discounts given to both AP holders and Florida residents are unfair? I would assume no. Why would rewarding onsite guests be considered unfair? Disney already does that for many different groups.

:laughing: I'll give up my 10% off on Monday - Friday ONLY lunch ONLY at table service ONLY restaurants in Epcot if it puts this issue to rest!

Truly, our discounts are nothing like what they used to be. (That is Tables in Wonderland now available for an additional $100 or so... and I believe available to anyone.) Maybe the answer is that if they gave only resort guests FPs they would give them to passholders instead of our crummy discounts? I'd agree to that! :thumbsup2

:laughing: I'll give up my 10% off on Monday - Friday ONLY lunch ONLY at table service ONLY restaurants in Epcot if it puts this issue to rest!

Truly, our discounts are nothing like what they used to be. (That is Tables in Wonderland now available for an additional $100 or so... and I believe available to anyone.) Maybe the answer is that if they gave only resort guests FPs they would give them to passholders instead of our crummy discounts? I'd agree to that! :thumbsup2

I was under the impression AP holders get discounts on resorts as well (although that wouldn't matter to locals) but still, same concept. Do those discounts still exist?

I do think if they made a change to the system that AP holders should be included regardless of where they're staying. My only point was that Disney has quite a bit in place already that causes things to be unfair.

I was under the impression AP holders get discounts on resorts as well (although that wouldn't matter to locals) but still, same concept. Do those discounts still exist?

I do think if they made a change to the system that AP holders should be included regardless of where they're staying. My only point was that Disney has quite a bit in place already that causes things to be unfair.

I totally agee. The thing with those discounts are that they aren't available all the time. They are available when Disney needs the business and is trying to draw local residents out to spend in the parks. The reason they give the discount is because they know we go often and on short notice when they needs us. They aren't giving us squat is someone is willing to pay a little more!! :lmao:

I think it's because of this:

"To ALL who come to this happy place, welcome."

A lot of us have an idea of Disney as a special place that truly is for everyone. Disney is for all ages, all races, all genders, all abilities, all income levels. Yes, I know it sounds pretty idealistic, but I do think it's something that makes Disney special. When we walk in the park gate, we all have the same opportunity to have a magical day. Yes, some of us can afford to get more, such as at the BBB, at expensive meals, or in the shops, but for the basic elements of the day (rides, parades, shows, etc.) we are all treated the same.

You are 100% correct and it's not something that happened by accident.

Of course there are exceptions like VIP tour guides, Club 33, visiting dignitaries, etc. But those are the exceptions that prove the rule. The idea has been that a guest is a guest.

That's why even though I stay on site I am not in favor of Disney giving us preferential treatment when it comes to things like this.

So do you suppose Disney has CM's post messages here from time to time to test the waters on certain issues?

So maybe we're all part of market research as we type here......:cool:

I've often wondered and even believed the same thing :rotfl:!

I guess I don't get the logic. You can come often - so get in the back of the line? :confused3 We are the ones that keep coming and support the parks even when it is slow. I just don't understand why the super busy periods being your only choice means you get something extra that I don't deserve? I don't mean to sound rude, just putting my opinion out there.

As far as the you should get FP if you spend "X" amount argument by other posters... I would estimate we spend a good little bit going a few time a week. Not only on food but other trinkets. (Dooney bags, Disney jewelry, ect.) How do you calculate the value of a guest and who does or doesn't deserve something?

I love the healthy debate and I don't want to offend anyone by asking the above. I'm just really curious why onsite guests are more valuable than locals?

Its just because we're jealous of you :goodvibes.

So do you suppose Disney has CM's post messages here from time to time to test the waters on certain issues?

So maybe we're all part of market research as we type here......:cool:

We know they actually read the boards. I'm not sure they need to initiate anything - we seem to come up with enough controversial ideas on our own...

Guests will be very unhappy with a tour guide who charges his normal hourly rate while everyone stands still in line. So the tour guide has to have something up his sleeve (such as fastpasses he makes appear magically) as an alternative.

If you look at other resorts, you get resort amenities. It appears that many want outside of resort amenities now.

As for paying more money, I could actually pay less to Disney if I stayed at one of the Budget resorts. Passes and dining can cost quite a bit more to an offsite guest.

I think they should leave it just like it is.. Like someone else said, resort guests can use EMH.

I'm someone who always stays onsite too- just don't see the need to change something that works pretty well.

I'm just asking so not trying to offend.

Is it mathematically possible to offer/reserve 1/2 of the FP's to onsite guests, and then leave 1/2 the way it is?

1) How many onsite guests are there per day on average?

2) How many of these would participate?

3) How many "riders" are there per day on FP rides?

EX: does Space Mountain average 2,000 per hour time 12 hours is 24,000 FP's-offer 12,000 to onsite guests and leave the system alone for the rest.
(then 12,000 for Splash, 12,000 for BTMR, 12,000 for P Pan etc), 12,000 for TSM, RNR, TOT etc.

Obviously if everyone tries to reserve Space Mtn at 2PM next Monday-they will need to settle for 2, 3 4PM whatever, and when its full choose Splash or another park instead etc.

But in general is it even possible to estimate how many FP's may be available if onsite gets 1 each per day, 2, 3?

I have said before if I have 1 or 2 reserved we will not get up early and mad rush for more/more/more-I'm sure some will though.

Also this way-there is no class warfare-nobody knows who has a FP from where.

I'm just asking so not trying to offend.

Is it mathematically possible to offer/reserve 1/2 of the FP's to onsite guests, and then leave 1/2 the way it is?

1) How many onsite guests are there per day on average?

2) How many of these would participate?

3) How many "riders" are there per day on FP rides?

1) We'd need more of a breakdown per park of resort vs. non-resort guests. I've never seen any numbers and really can't speculate.

2) That would probably be determined by surveys.

3) Some of that information may be known, but I don't have the numbers. Some guesses could be made.

The idea of "reserving" some FPs for resort guests fall into some of the patented ideas Disney already owns, but has yet to act on. If they allow the resort guests to reserve in advance, then they can be taken out of the general FP pool in advance as well, up to some specified maximum percentage of the total. The rest would have to compete at the kiosks like everyone else.

I really think reserving FPs in advance would just be a nightmare. Like I know the day I go to the Studios I'm going to get a FP for TSM first, but no idea what I'm going to do after that, or at least not the order I'm going to do things.

1) We'd need more of a breakdown per park of resort vs. non-resort guests. I've never seen any numbers and really can't speculate.

2) That would probably be determined by surveys.

3) Some of that information may be known, but I don't have the numbers. Some guesses could be made.

The idea of "reserving" some FPs for resort guests fall into some of the patented ideas Disney already owns, but has yet to act on. If they allow the resort guests to reserve in advance, then they can be taken out of the general FP pool in advance as well, up to some specified maximum percentage of the total. The rest would have to compete at the kiosks like everyone else.

Your probably right-thanks for the input and taking a shot at it.

I really think reserving FPs in advance would just be a nightmare. Like I know the day I go to the Studios I'm going to get a FP for TSM first, but no idea what I'm going to do after that, or at least not the order I'm going to do things.

Maybe, but what if its only QTY 1-then your set. If its 2 you really cant think of a 2nd attraction you may be interested in? Maybe TSM again, or BTTM at 7PM beause you want to end up at MK that night and hit Wishes after. Or dont pick 2 (or 3), take your chances with the regular pool/lines.

Why are people so obsessed with FP?

It's a nice feature, but who really cares that you have to wait 2 extra hours before you can get another one.

Slow down, enjoy the parks. The imagineers go to great lengths to make things enjoyable if you are waiting around. Search for hidden Mickeys, people watch, enjoy a tasty dole whip.

If you don't get to do Splash Mountain, then use that as an excuse to start saving for a return trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter