• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Andy Griffith Episode

Next week is Mayberry Days in Andy Griffith's hometown of Mount Airy, NC. My wife has an uncle who lives in Mount Airy, and we would like to make it to Mayberry Days one year. We have visited the Andy Griffith Museum there, and it was nice. It was small, but neat to see.

As far as favorite episode, we like them all! One that has always stood out to me is the episode where Andy explains Romeo and Juliet to Opie:

I just remember laughing at that so much when I was young! One of my teachers in middle school was a huge Andy Griffith fan, and I remember him showing us that episode when we were studying Romeo and Juliet.

I may have watched two or three episodes way back. I’m not sure if they were new or reruns. That show never appealed to me.

Did the show begin and/or end with Richie Cunningham skimming rocks into a pond?
no....when Steve Bolander chose to not go to college and marry shirley, who got a divorce and ended up working in a beer factoy.

meanwhile curt is in yuma writing non-ficton for the New Yorker.

I always liked when the Darlings paid a visit to Mayberry and they'd play that song that Charlene Darling said always makes her cry. Something like "There is a Time," with the lines "when the world was young, and so were we" in it. It's a beautiful, mournful song and it always almost made me cry too.

Aunt Bea and the wig!!! I couldn't believe the change it made in her appearance. She should have kept it.

Aunt Bea's pickles is always classic, but I love episodes when Barney tries to out sing everyone. I also love the episode when they have the Miss Mayberry pagent.
Why do they always forget that Barney can't sing?!

I just love that show. I will watch reruns of it whenever I can. My first thought when it comes on is that I hope it’s the pickle episode!

My husband and I turn it on every night when we go to bed.
I like the episode where Opie won’t put money in the offering plate, and instead saves up to buy his friend a coat.
Love that one. And, they one where he wins the grocery store job but gets fired on purpose when he finds out the other boy needs it for money for his family.

I love the one where Gomer is going to the dance with Thelma Lou's cousin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter