Favorite DVC resorts!

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
We’re looking at renting DVC points for our honeymoon in Aug 2019. We’ve got our fingers crossed to snag a studio at VGF, but want to have backups in case we can’t get it. What are your favorite resorts? We’ve stayed at AKL and WL before, so would probably want something different. We’d also love a more adult/romantic type feel as well. Our favorite parks are MK and EP!

BWV are great, especially when you LOVE epcot like we do. The walk to epcot and HS it very nice and it’s in a super convenient place, especially for the ammentities (being on the boardwalk and all and having all the restaurants). Would reccomend, you can definitely make a romantic stay out of it! Hope you find what your looking for and enjoy your trip!!!

Here's my rankings of the DVC resorts we've stayed at - each category on a 1 to 5 scale. We haven't stayed at the VGF but I would tend to agree it would be a good pick for adults only. There are no Disney resorts that are going to be without lots of kids, though. If I were to choose for adults only, I think I would pick the Boardwalk. Beach Club is nice, but the pool makes it a kiddie haven. The Boardwalk has a lot of options for dining in the vicinity (Swan and Dolphin are even close by) and several bars and Atlantic Dance Hall, Jellyrolls and others, plus easy access to Epcot and even DHS.

DVC Ratings.jpg

We've been able to stay at all DVC resorts and our favourite one in WDW is still BCV. It has everything we want and in perfect location. It's also our favourite pool. This would be my first choice if I wanted to spend time at the pool.

I liked VGF as a resort and location. And I liked the rooms as well. But I wasn't thrilled with the pool area. But this would be a nice romantic resort...plus they have wonderful restaurants. Citricos is one of our favourites.

I think each resort has something to offer and it depends on what you're looking for. For instance, I love the size of the Treehouse Villas, but I wouldn't recommend that for people who plan to go to parks often.

I love the Lodges but since you have already stayed there next up for me would be the Polynesian and the Beach Club.

We’re looking at renting DVC points for our honeymoon in Aug 2019. We’ve got our fingers crossed to snag a studio at VGF, but want to have backups in case we can’t get it. What are your favorite resorts? We’ve stayed at AKL and WL before, so would probably want something different. We’d also love a more adult/romantic type feel as well. Our favorite parks are MK and EP!
For a honeymoon and for the parks you prefer, I would choose the Poly. Monorail/boat to the MK. Short walk to TTC for the Epcot monorail. Beautiful tropical setting. Large studios and each has a balcony. Good selection of restaurants and lounges close by. JMO

As far as my favorites - BWV, VGF and AKV (in that order).

Boardwalk was always our favorite (by far!) when it was just my wife and I. Majority of our stays were there with 1 a year usually mixed in at Bay Lake Tower (which we also love). This summer we're doing BLT for a couple of weeks instead of BW because of our son. We love both resorts so much and would obviously recommend either! Enjoy and congratulations!

Short answers:
AKV - Great views and different food.
OKW - My 2nd home, most room.
BCV - Walk to EPCOT/MGM.
SSR - Walking to DS (DTD).
BLT - Monorail.
BWV - Like decor and ditto BCV.
BRV (VWL) - Woodlands feel, walk to FWC.
VB - Different feel than WDW resorts.
HH - Area history and golf courses.
PVB - Love the rain shower.

We own at BLT. Very close to MK. We were able to watch Wishes from our sofa one trip.

I love the CR/BLT resort complex, 3 pools, monorail, walk to MK, great restaurants, TOWL and marina. You can take a boat over to WL.

We will be staying at VGF for the first time this summer. So, I may have a new favorite.

We also enjoyed SSR for its proximity to DS. We loved being able to walk back and forth. We stayed in Congress Park.

Poly is my vote. I have only stayed at AKV, BRV and Poly so far but for a Honeymoon, POLY gets my vote... you probably can't go wrong with any of them

OKW-refurbushed villas, proximity to DS (romantic night boat ride there) very lush and tropical.

AKV-you’ve been so you know

BLT-monorail and great access to MK, great restaurants and bars/lounges.

I second OKW. For a honeymoon it is nice because it is tropical but quiet. The calm inside the storm. You don't realize that you are near the chaos of the parks. Everything about it is relaxing. Add to that the rooms are huge.

Hopefully you will get the GFV like you want. That is where i went on my honeymoon and I loved it! I would also recommend the Polynesian because with it being so tropical it is very romantic and has a lot of nice places to relax. For a third choice i would pick BLT, we were there on our last trip and you really cannot beat walking back from the MK after park closing while the big rush to all the transportation is happening.

We stayed at GF on our honeymoon almost 28 yrs ago. :) (obviously prior to DVC!) If you can't get GF villas (which we stayed at for our 25th anniversary) then I would strongly suggest BWV. It's got a great location, has a nice quiet feel to the resort, and some really fantastic views. A night at Jellyrolls is always fantastic. Be sure to stop at the Belle Vue Lounge in the evenings, it's one of our very favorite ways to end a day at Disney World.

Hmmmm, I wonder why no one mentioned All Stars----->:scratchin

:banana:LoL, On a serious note.....AKL/V Would be my choice right behind GFV.....But if $$$ is an issue, and you'd like to save a lil bit....CSR is very very nice...Especially at night...And this definitely has the adult vibe that you were lqqking for too....:confused3 Although I know it's not DVC...

Last edited:
We own at BLT and VGF, so I may be a little biased:
1. VGF (studio is more than fine for a honeymoon)
Location, views, restaurants (I don’t think there’s another resort that has 3 signature restaurants), and it just feels the most luxurious. Also a spa on site that I’ve never used.
2. Poly (I’ve never stayed there, but the restaurants, location, pools and overall feel of the resort are terrific)
3. BLT (a studio would be fine for 2, but you could try to rent a 1br std for not too much more) - a theme park view would be amazing, and California Grill is one of our favorite restaurants. Between California Grill, TOTWL and possibly your room, there are the best fireworks views not in the MK.

Outside of the MK area, I’d go with BWV too. The whole Boardwalk area has great theming, and it is a bit more relaxed than the MK area.

But if all of these were available, I’d still go with VGF.

Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter