Favorite things to eat at DL, DCA, and Downtown Disney?

ZoZo

DIS Veteran
What are your favorite things to eat at DL, DCA, and Downtown Disney? I'm going in December and want some suggestions of new things to try.

In addition to listing your favorite meals or snacks, please include where to buy them (i.e. which restaurants, vendors, etc.).

Thanks!

This is a simple thing, but I LOVE the coconut macaroons. They are sooo yummy and drizzled with chocolate :faint: We usually get them at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street, although you may be able to get them other places.

Make sure to get some Dole Whip also, it is at stand in front of the Tiki Room.

We also ate at and liked Ralph Brennen's in DTD. The bread pudding was very yummy, I think we had to order it when we ordered our entree, if you want to try that be sure to ask about that.

The ESPN Zone food was OK. I wouldn't go there to eat again, unless someone I was with wanted to go, but it was OK for a one time trip.

DL: Riverbelle Terrace, Bengal BBQ, Dole Whips ;)
DCA: Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Pacific Wharf
DTD: Naples

DL: Dole whip, Redd Rockets Pizza Port (caeser salad is delish!), Rancho de Zocalo, Carnation Cafe, churros & popcorn :)

DCA: Ariel's Grotto, Award Weiners, Taste Pilots

DTD: Rainforest Cafe, Wetzel's Pretzels

There is a small place beside Ralph Brennan's (I can't think of the name) but in the morning they have beignets (again not sure of the spelling) and oh what a breakfast they make! Ralph Brennan's is great to!

There is a place in DTD that I can't remember the name of, but it sells cajun food. There gumbo was very good. Better than what is sold in the park in NO square.

We're simple people, but these are our favs :lovestruc

DL: Dole whips are the BEST! DH and the kids love the bakery by Poohs ride (tigger tales and candy apples are their staples). 7YO loves Turkey legs.

DCA: I really enjoy the salad at the Taste Pilot and the corn chowder at the bakery. DH and the kids love the chicken strips on the pier and the gigantic corn dogs by Jumpin Jellyfish.

Our all time favorite DL treat is the Catch a Flave just past Ariels at DCA.

You HAVE to eat the benets at the Jazz Kitchen Cafe (next door to the restaurant). They are available all day. Just don't wear black. They are very messy!!

DOLE WHIPS!! yumm!! in adventureland.. forgogt where!! haha! Mmm.. Churros!! a tradition for us! again, forgot where to get them, but probably at any of the popcorn vendors! :) and swirly lolipops another tradition... as for actual food... Red Rockets Pizza Port (salad baby!) and Naples in DTD. thats all i can remember for now! :)

We love the soup in bread bowls at the Pacific Wharf Cafe in California Adventure.

In Disneyland, definately Dole Whips (near the Tiki Room) and the fresh made waffle cones from the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. I also like the Monte Cristo (Blue Bayou). The bakery next to the Ice Cream Parlor has great chocolate croissants.

In Downtown Disney, I love the pretzels & frozen lemonade from Wetzel's Pretzels, caramel apples (the apple pie ones) from Marceline's Confectionary, and Beignets & Po-boys from the Jazz Kitchen express.

ok firstly the corn dogs at the red wagon between plaza inn and the photo pick up store...

begnets at the mint julep bar

jalapeno cheese stuffed mickey pretzels at coke corner on main st...

all the skewers except the veggie one at Bengal BBQ in adventureland across from IJ

cherry flavored frozen lemonades at the vendor cart in NOS

This is a little different from the rest of the posts - but in terms of price, convenience and low crowds - we LOVED the white water snacks inside the Grand Californian Hotel (take an immediate left after crossing over to the hotel from CA Adventure). This place had great, quick meals (including yummy freshly made hot sandwiches), it was cheap compared to other dining choices, and since it is out of the way, it was a relaxing place to grab a quick bite to eat.

disneegrl4eva said:
ok firstly the corn dogs at the red wagon between plaza inn and the photo pick up store...

Those are soooo yummy .. and HUGE! We munched on one of those while waiting for the fireworks.

Has anyone had the creme puffs? I am getting one the next time we go .. they look soooo good. :goodvibes

I can never remember the name, but it's a second floor restaurant in DCA. Don't mistake this for the first floor restaurant. That's baaad. Anyway, it's at the "wine country" area and the food's very good. Another that I remember is Napa Rose in Grand California. In Downtown Disney, I have always enjoyed Catal.

If you're staying at either GC or Disneyland Resort, I suggest you take a walk down to Ralph Brennan's for beignets and cafe au lait for breakfast. It's especially great after a morning run.

I'll be sure to try out some of the recommendations on this post. But I don't know about that Dole Whip. It sounds very addictive. I've been tempted once to get it, but couldn't find the spot. I think that was a good thing.

M&C ;)

I believe M&C is referring to the Vineyard room at DCA.

Add my DS to the list of those addicted to Dole Whips (the stand is adjacent to the entrance to the Tiki room; you can order from the walkway into Adventureland, or from the Tiki Room holding area). My DS also says the McD fries at DL are the best anywhere. My single favorite dish may be the Voodoo Shrimp at House of Blues; it's actually an appetizer, but I order it as my entree, perhaps with a cup of soup or salad.

Monte Cristo Sandwhich and the side salad at the Cafe Orleans in NOS. Very satisying and very good.

The salad was the best I have had at DL and adds a little health to the heavy on the carb sandwhich. I ate 1/2 a sandwhich with my salad and I was full and content.

Well, don't go to Corn Dog Castle! (unless you are sharing one) My dad ate one once and it was HUGE! Try to avoid it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter