Favorite things to eat at DL, DCA, and Downtown Disney?

why on earth would anyone want to avoid it??? i usually get it the first day im there and I wont eat anything till the wagon opens so Im totally starving and I will eat the whole thing lol...

You guys are making me crave a corn dog. :rotfl: I've never had one at DLR.. apparently I've been missing out. I'm adding it to my "must have" list for Nov. :)

I thought of something else we almost always get when we're there... the gumbo in the sourdough bread bowls at the Royal Street Veranda in NOS. My kids and I love the vegetarian gumbo. My husband either get the steak gumbo or the clam chowder, depending on his mood.

:rolleyes: HHHMMMM... This thread reminds me of not shopping on an empty stomach :lmao: So whats in a dole whip???? Is it like a shave ice we have in Hawaii? I also gotta know where to get a tigger tail I have read about, AND just what is a beignette and just how is it spelled guys?? You guys have given me cravings !!! :drinking: So whats the favorite drink???

A Dole whip is a pineapple soft serve ice cream. It's soooo tasty! They also have floats that are made with the ice cream and pineapple juice.

A tiger tail is 3 large marshmallows on a skewer. They are dipped in carmel. Then dunked into orange colored (and flavored) chocolate. Finally they are drizzled with a dark chocolate to make them look like a tiger's tail.

A beignet is basically a deep fried donut sprinkled with powdered sugar.

If you are looking for a good corn dog in DCA, Corndog Castle is the place to be!!!!! Yummmmmmmyy!!!!

Mom2micayla said:
A Dole whip is a pineapple soft serve ice cream. It's soooo tasty! They also have floats that are made with the ice cream and pineapple juice.

A tiger tail is 3 large marshmallows on a skewer. They are dipped in carmel. Then dunked into orange colored (and flavored) chocolate. Finally they are drizzled with a dark chocolate to make them look like a tiger's tail.

A beignet is basically a deep fried donut sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Where did you get the tiger tail? Thats sounds WONDERFUL!

mikayla73 said:
Where did you get the tiger tail? Thats sounds WONDERFUL!

Unforunately I'm drawing a blank on the name, but there is a little treat shop outside the Pooh ride (near the queue line for the Pooh/Tigger/Eeyore autograph area and the exit of Splash Mountain). I believe that's the only place to get them. I think they were right around $4-$5 each.

mermaidlagoon said:
:rolleyes: HHHMMMM... This thread reminds me of not shopping on an empty stomach :lmao: So whats in a dole whip???? Is it like a shave ice we have in Hawaii? I also gotta know where to get a tigger tail I have read about, AND just what is a beignette and just how is it spelled guys?? You guys have given me cravings !!! :drinking: So whats the favorite drink???

They also sell Dole Whips at the Dole factory gift shop on Oahu. So if you end up over there anytime in the nearish future, you can get them there. :)

DL: good ol' cheeseburger, Mickey mouse ice cream, Churros, and of course the popcorn! Good coffee too!

cant wait for my trip in november!! I'll be 2 sizes smaller! :cool1:

I LOVE Naples in DTD. Everything I have tried there is delicious and the service is good with reasonable prices. There is a good variety, and this is one of the closest restaurants to the parks in DTD. It always makes for a relxaing lunch break from the parks and gives you a chance to get away from the crowds for a litle while.

DL: Rancho del Zocalo, mint juleps from the mint julep bar
DCA: Catch a Flave-soft serve ice cream swirled with some neat flavors

Fried Cheesecake at Blue Bayou - do they still have it? Last time I was there was June 2005.

I am not a big fan of Rain Forest Cafe. The scenery is beautiful of course, but food :sad2:

I do love the ESPN zone though. I am not a big sports fan, but they have the best chicken wrap ever. It comes in a large Flour tortilla with lettuce, tomato, large chicken strips, pepper corn ranch dressing inside, and hmmmm!!! cheddar cheese. It is the bomb. You have to try!!! It's even good for you. By far my favorite place to eat. I go at least once a month. :love:

FRIED CHEESECAKE and MONTECRISTO sandwich?????? I am planning on going to Blue Bayou......How will I ever watch my "waist" that day . :confused3 .... maybe eat really early???? and often popcorn:: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

mermaidlagoon said:
FRIED CHEESECAKE and MONTECRISTO sandwich?????? I am planning on going to Blue Bayou......How will I ever watch my "waist" that day . :confused3 .... maybe eat really early???? and often popcorn:: :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Holy cow! Does that come with a cardiologist? :rotfl2:

I will be watching mine like that too :blush:

I was looking at the menus and Cafe Orleans lists Mickey shapped Beignets - anybody tried them?

mikayla73 said:
Has anyone had the creme puffs? I am getting one the next time we go .. they look soooo good. :goodvibes
Where would you find the creme puffs?? And what were they like???

I have seen them on the menu for the Pacific Warf Cafe, but I have not seen the actual cream puff in person. I have seen the WDW cream puffs and they look yummy ... anyone have pics of the cream puff at DL?

I think they also have them at the blue ribbon bakery in DL.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! Can't wait to try them out.

How is the Cherry Lemonade???? I hear they sell it in DL, and it sounds SOOOO GOOD! I was wondering how it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter