February 2010

I'm officially excited again! Safe trip to everyone leaving in the next few days...ooo...that includes me! :banana::banana:

everyone have a great time, we leave Saturday, hope mid to upper 60's is not too cold to go swimming, my son really is looking forward to going back to the pool at CBR

OH NO!! SNOW on Wednesday :sad2: trying to fly out on Friday morning 6:15am PVD to BWI and then on to MCO. I think I may need some:wizard:. BUSY day today, I NEED to get all my errands done because tomorrow looks like a snowny ,no travel day. Anybody else WORRIED with this storm coming?? Joan

:yay:I think I am having an anxiety attack! We leave in less than 3 days and I feel like I am not prepared! Gotta start packing, but been busy with ds having surgery and all of his therapy appts. I am feeling anxious.

We just got home last night from our 8 day vacation. We had a blast! The weather wasn't overly warm and it rained the morning we went to MK, but, we walked on all the rides with no waiting at all!! Was awesome!! We even went on rides 2-3 times! Loved it! I'm not a patient person, so, the no waiting was a big plus for me! We stayed at POR. It was our first time staying on site. It was a great place. Didn't really like the long walk to the main building, but, it wasn't bad. wouldn've like a closer room. The food court was great. I personally loved the buld-your-own pasta! The buses were quick too.

We just got home last night from our 8 day vacation. We had a blast! The weather wasn't overly warm and it rained the morning we went to MK, but, we walked on all the rides with no waiting at all!! Was awesome!! We even went on rides 2-3 times! Loved it! I'm not a patient person, so, the no waiting was a big plus for me! We stayed at POR. It was our first time staying on site. It was a great place. Didn't really like the long walk to the main building, but, it wasn't bad. wouldn've like a closer room. The food court was great. I personally loved the buld-your-own pasta! The buses were quick too.

Sounds like you had a great time! Were you able to swim at all? We leave on Monday and the kids will be bummed if they can't swim:worship:

Sounds like you had a great time! Were you able to swim at all? We leave on Monday and the kids will be bummed if they can't swim:worship:

They swam one time. It was just too chilly. One afternoon the girls tried to swim, but the minute they got in the water, it thundered, so they had to get out. it was downpouring and there was tornado warnings, so, they didn't really need to be swimming! lol! They were bummed about not being able to swim, but, we were so busy with other stuff too. I'm hoping you'll have warmer weather than we did. :)

So, with just three more days to go...WE'RE GETTING A SNOW DAY TOMORROW!! :cool1: As a teacher, that means no school, so I have another day to get ready and pack. Can't believe this is really happening.

We're home! We got back yesterday to a foot of snow - I wish we were still at Disney.

We had a blast and I hope to start a trip report later this week. We loved POFQ and the parks weren't too crowded. I'd have liked better weather but it was still better than Ohio.

Maumee Mom - welcome back! Sounds like you had fun!

We leave the 24th for 5 nights at Poly. Can I ask you... how was the weather? Did you need warm clothes? Was it too chilly to swim?

I'm wondering how to pack!

we returned yesterday - though MANY said even when they were there there were no line - for the first time we had some huge waits - which we skipped TOT 90 minutes - others were about a 1/2 hr Pooh, dumbo, even spaceship eaarth which we NEVER wait for - we had to wait. Guess we picked the wrong days for our parks.
We arrived on the 2nd and stayed until the 9th
My girls only swam the first two days then it got too cold - wish I had brought more long pants had to do laundry but hey most was clean when I got home :) - also a bit of rain, but not bad. bring layers - for girls dresses that u can put leggings and a shirt under so you can take them off IF it gets warmer - my girls stayed bundeled the entire day - It was usuay in the 50's to mid 60's the entire stay. Definately was glad I said ok when my daughter left with her winter jacket, at first I said no, but she wanted to wear it - and she did even at the parks.
LOVED POR - in the Magnolia Terrace section - great location to busses - food and pool
we also had a great spot to watch the space shuttle takeoff at night
great trip cant wait to return in Sept!

:yay:OMG, can it be?! We leave in less than 24 hours!!!!:cool1: :woohoo:

On a bad weather note, it is suppose to be snowing all the way to the Ga/Fl border, and then rain from there to Orlando!:eek: It is suppose to start around 9 a.m., so I told dh we could either leave tonight and rent a room somewhere close to Orlando or leave earlier than our 4 a.m. tentative time. Take note, dh will not let us go in our van because he says it needs a new transmission and it may not make it (but it is ok for me to drive it around Atlanta on a daily basis with the kids in tow, not understanding that logic!:confused:), so we are taking his GMC Sierra extended cab truck. Which basicly our luggage will be in the bed of the truck and we will be arriving to WDW in true REDNECK style!:eek: It is my birthday vacation, my last birthday of my 30s and I keep asking for a new car (wanting an GMC Acadia or Chevrolet Traverse) but he keeps saying NO! Then again, it is nice not having a car payment too. I'm torn!

Either way, we will be in WDW soon! Things will get better once we are there!

It was rainy & cool weather. One day it did get into the 70's & the boys wore shorts. It was much better than here so I didn't mind. We used all our long pants & long shirts.

Im leaving in less than 3 weeks my tummy is in knots..
The kids have listened to that song Celebrate you over and over thanks to you tube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIx4G6vWe6Q Its cute to see them going crazy :) I wonder if they play that silly song in WDW hmmm well We leave Feb 28th from NYC on Amtrack 21 hrs to FL and WDW :) we arrive 10 am March 1st I CANT WAIT!!!!:cheer2: :banana::banana::banana:

Maumee Mom - welcome back! Sounds like you had fun!

We leave the 24th for 5 nights at Poly. Can I ask you... how was the weather? Did you need warm clothes? Was it too chilly to swim?

I'm wondering how to pack!

Yes, we did have fun, thanks!

The weather was all over the place. It was nice the first day, super rainy (tornado warnings) one day, cold enough to wear our winter coats one day and shorts another. It was strange. We kept checking the weather forecasts but they changed all the time. When we left they called for Ohio to be cold but dry on the day we came home but it was actually "Snowmageddon" as they have been calling it. We had a foot of snow drop the day we came home.

The pools are heated and some people were in there even though it was 40 degrees out so I really can't give you much advice about the pools, all I know was that it was way too cold for us to swim.

Good luck, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

We just got back early this morning and I'm missing it already. We loved the weather, even though it did rain on our last day we still thought it was better than the 25+ inches they were getting back at home. We had a few problems with a certain group of people during our stay, but other than that we had a blast and can't wait to start saving for our next trip.

Trip Review

That's a link to the Trip Review I'm doing if anyone is interested and I'll try to update it at least once a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter