***February 2023 Official Thread****

Will be at BWV Feb 20 - 25! And because of flights, we're flying in Feb 19 and doing a night at AKL!
I'm kinda jealous as my birthday is Feb 20, but I just hate the President's Day crowds; so it's very unlikely that I'll be there for my birthday. I've decided to do a Disney cruise for my 50th in a few years and hoping to do an Australia/New Zealand route.

Will be at BWV Feb 20 - 25! And because of flights, we're flying in Feb 19 and doing a night at AKL!

My husband, his parents, and my brother in law and sister in law plus my 4 year old son and his 4 year old cousin!

First time for the 4 year olds! And first time for Bro and Sis in law since they were both kids.

Husband and I and his parents are big Disney fans, so excited to show them the magic!
I love trips with my kids. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

It looks like POR/POFQ will be a busy place in February! We are booked at POFQ.

I figure I would ask this here rather than getting lost on the main boards:

What is everyone doing in terms of number of park days?

Our trip has been pushed back several times because of COVID, so I originally started planning pre-Genie+. At the time, it was an easy decision to maximize the number of park days. The extra cost to go from 4 to 7 park days wasn't a lot, and with fast pass we'd be getting a few good rides in even on days when we would only spend a few hours in the park. I figured we'd go into the parks every day (except our travel days), but on our "break" days we'd just spend a few hours in the park, do our fast pass rides, and relax outside the park for the rest of the day.

Now the extra cost in terms of tickets is still quite reasonable to get more park days, but can we get the same value out of half days? I guess we can have the same general plan, just buy Genie+ on our longer days in the park, and skip it on the short days? Right now I have 7 park days reserved: 3 MK, 2 HS, 1 AK and 1 EP, but I'm considering dropping a day or two. It won't save us a lot in ticket costs, but if we're looking at an extra $100 (family of 4) for Genie+ to enjoy our half days it's a different calculation!
I don't have anything like a long visit, but I do buy Genie+ and have been successful with less park days and better planning. I also use Touring Plans to have some kind of a basic plan, which I switch up as needed. For example, I had plans to get SDD for my first Genie+ ride, but I couldn't get it before the late afternoon (they go so fast!), so I rope-dropped that and was on one of the first trains. I used the Genie+ for another ride so I didn't have to worry about waiting in the hot line for MMRR.

You'll have fun either way!

DH an I will be celebrating my birthday on our 1/31-2/7 trip, staying at Poly! I am ridiculously excited. We went last year and the crowds and temperatures were manageable. Has anyone done the Wild Africa Trek?

Anyone switching plans based on the new discount? I could save a minimal amount (under $150) to switch to Riverside from POFQ, but I think I'll stay put. Maybe some more options will pop up as people change their reservations.

Save Up to $400 on a 4-Night, 4-Day Room-and-Ticket Package at Select Disney Resort Hotels

Valid Travel Dates
  • For stays most nights December 11, 2022 through December 25, 2022
  • For stays most Sunday through Thursday nights January 2, 2023 through February 28, 2023
  • For stays most nights March 1, 2023 through March 30, 2023
Values save $20 per night, Moderates save $40, and Deluxe $100.

Minimum two-night stay.

New Walt Disney World Room-Only Discount Released for Disney Visa Cardholders
  • For stays most Sunday through Thursday nights January 2, 2023 to February 28, 2023
  • For stays most nights March 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023

Anyone switching plans based on the new discount? I could save a minimal amount (under $150) to switch to Riverside from POFQ, but I think I'll stay put. Maybe some more options will pop up as people change their reservations.

Save Up to $400 on a 4-Night, 4-Day Room-and-Ticket Package at Select Disney Resort Hotels

Valid Travel Dates
  • For stays most nights December 11, 2022 through December 25, 2022
  • For stays most Sunday through Thursday nights January 2, 2023 through February 28, 2023
  • For stays most nights March 1, 2023 through March 30, 2023
Values save $20 per night, Moderates save $40, and Deluxe $100.

Minimum two-night stay.

New Walt Disney World Room-Only Discount Released for Disney Visa Cardholders
  • For stays most Sunday through Thursday nights January 2, 2023 to February 28, 2023
  • For stays most nights March 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023
Thanks for sharing this, although I also don't think I'll make a change. The only savings with our dates would be to switch to Riverside for around $100 less. We've been wanting to stay at POFQ since 2014, this isn't a big enough saving to switch resort.

Pop Century from February 4-8 -- I have to visit in Jan/Feb every year for Festival of the Arts. It's my favorite festival, easily. (Patiently waiting on dates and concert lineup.)

Does the Dance Competition affect crowds very much? I chose this weekend based on flight and resort prices available to me, and I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

DH an I will be celebrating my birthday on our 1/31-2/7 trip, staying at Poly! I am ridiculously excited. We went last year and the crowds and temperatures were manageable. Has anyone done the Wild Africa Trek?
Added to the list :)

Pop Century from February 4-8 -- I have to visit in Jan/Feb every year for Festival of the Arts. It's my favorite festival, easily. (Patiently waiting on dates and concert lineup.)

Does the Dance Competition affect crowds very much? I chose this weekend based on flight and resort prices available to me, and I'm hoping it won't be too bad.
I've added you to our list!

How exciting! I can't wait to see it. I've never been to this festival :)

We made a change to our February trip. We are now at the YC Feb 5-9 instead of POR. We just couldn't pass up the Annual Pass discount for this resort. :)

just changed our trip to Jan. 31st to Feb. 8th split stay Pop/CSR. Want to use the Skyliner to visit Epcot/HS and just love being at CSR....

I don't have anything like a long visit, but I do buy Genie+ and have been successful with less park days and better planning. I also use Touring Plans to have some kind of a basic plan, which I switch up as needed. For example, I had plans to get SDD for my first Genie+ ride, but I couldn't get it before the late afternoon (they go so fast!), so I rope-dropped that and was on one of the first trains. I used the Genie+ for another ride so I didn't have to worry about waiting in the hot line for MMRR.

You'll have fun either way!

a little too i learned lat year, SDD has drops at 9:30 ish. you can find a google chart of drop times on lines the touring plans app. worked for me last Janiary

Hello,
I just booked Pop for a quick get away with me and my son (12) going to be so fun because we both vacation the same! open to close get it all done

Starting to look more closely at dining options! Particularly at Disney Springs because we are staying at POFQ.

I have read that Disney Springs gets very busy on weekend evenings, to the point that it's best avoided all together at those times. Any experience with this?

BC/YC Feb 25-March 1. Only because DH has a work convention that week at YC. We have a room booked at YC but waitlisted BC bc I have enough points to use up. I am a bit worried bc I think that is just after the princess marathon.

Starting to look more closely at dining options! Particularly at Disney Springs because we are staying at POFQ.

I have read that Disney Springs gets very busy on weekend evenings, to the point that it's best avoided all together at those times. Any experience with this?
I've never been to Disney Springs....I know that's crazy, but I have such short trips that I hardly ever get to anything new.

My friend LOVES Raglan Road. She has never had any trouble getting in there in the evening.

Yes Disney Springs can get very busy in the evenings. If you are willing to take an early dinner you can avoid some of the dinner rush crowds. We went almost a year ago and it was very cold on our Disney Springs night and it was still very crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter