• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

February W.I.S.H. - Loving the Healthy Life!

I do a multivitamin, magnesium, Biotin and fish oil everyday and sometimes a tums if I have not had a lot of calcium in any given day.

Woowhoo DS10 is going to be in his school production of...well...it's the wizard of Oz but it's called something different so the rights are cheaper. He originally joined tech crew but after he found out the student playing Oz was moving he auditioned and got the part. Very excited for him.

I am thankful that DH and I are pretty much work from home. It has made this week much easier. His car is in the shop and we won't get it back until next week. It hasn't been too bad living on one car. DS isn't feeling the greatest today but wanted to go to school. I think it is just a cold. I told him that if he needed to come home in the middle of the day that he would have to wait for me to get him because I am in the office today. He decided to stay home (and this just reminded me I need to call the school to tell them). It was a good choice. He slept for 12 hours last night and that is very unusual for him. Part of this I think is he has been going non stop now for a week or two and not sleeping much. I think he is a bit worn down. We kept him out of soccer practice last night and tonight, for the first time in weeks, he has a free night. So he can gets tons of rest.

Today I am thankful for my new touchless sensor garbage can... I got the one from the Reddit article. I loved it even before I got the batteries in it, now that it's powered up I love+++ it. And it is amusing to see Ester ponder what is happening when it auto-closes after I've stepped away from it.

I am also thankful that our weather recently has been pretty darn good for the edge of winter. And even more thankful that the days are getting longer.

And I am thankful that in my new town, wherever you want to go seems to be just 7 1/2 minutes away... the teacher in the art class last weekend mentioned this and I've been testing it and so far it is true. Easy peasy.

Feb Goals Week 2:
Walking 3 of 5
Yoga 3 of 5
Step 2 of 5

Last edited:
Thankful for the special educators working with DS7 working to get him caught up to grade level in reading and math. Kindergarten during covid was kind of a wash so been playing catch up since.

Thankful for the ability to work at home. DD has the cold now and it was great to be able to stay home without having the shuffle everyone's schedule for the day.

Thankful for pizza delivery apps and takeout burritos.

Thankful for smoothie delivery which allowed me to have lunch while I was in meetings from 11-3.

Thankful for the covid booster and flu shot that I got this morning, to try to stay as healthy as possibly on our upcoming trip.

Thankful that the pot roast and veggies I put in the crock pot before I left came out pretty good.

Thankful for the nap I had instead of cooking this afternoon.

I went to knit night last night, it was an interesting group of women but wasn't as fulfilling for me as the linocut class was. I will go again, as it was nice to be out of the house and around people.

I'm very frustrated with the step aerobics. For some reason I'm having difficulty feeling anchored in my feet and I can't find a class with a slow enough pace that I can comfortably follow... I even looked at a class for seniors filmed at a senior center. At this point I've seen enough step variations that I'm going to put together my own routine and play my own music.

Weekend weather is forecast to be dry with more sun Saturday than Sunday, so I'm planning on doing some work out in the yard, mostly prepping a couple of the raised beds. I'm also going to get in a couple good long walks, which I think will help me to settle into my feet better.

Feb Goals Week 2:
Walking 3 of 5
Yoga 4 of 5
Step 3 of 5

I'm very frustrated with the step aerobics. For some reason I'm having difficulty feeling anchored in my feet and I can't find a class with a slow enough pace that I can comfortably follow... I even looked at a class for seniors filmed at a senior center. At this point I've seen enough step variations that I'm going to put together my own routine and play my own music.

I used the Wii Fit game years ago so I have the step. Sometimes I will pull it out and watch TV while stepping. I do it at my on pace and it works well. It gave me something to do while watching TV instead of just sitting.

I used the Wii Fit game years ago so I have the step. Sometimes I will pull it out and watch TV while stepping. I do it at my on pace and it works well. It gave me something to do while watching TV instead of just sitting.
Do you do just the basic step or mix it up with some of the variations? I was thinking of doing it while watching TV would be good, but I need to really pay attention to my feet for a while before I can do that.

Do you do just the basic step or mix it up with some of the variations? I was thinking of doing it while watching TV would be good, but I need to really pay attention to my feet for a while before I can do that.
Until you get your footing good I would stick to just stepping up and down like a normal step. Once you get that down I would step up on one side and down the other. After that move on the step off the front and back up. I think this one is the hardest since you are stepping up blindly.

I never did anything more then these basic steps. I never got fancy with it. I would just switch between these steps as I watched TV. Sometimes I would step up from the back (like a regular step) and then step off the front and then do that in the reverse. Keep it simple. You are moving and using different muscles and doing simple will still help with the weight lose and getting healthy.

Currently sitting in the breezeway with 2 of the kids...it was 60 degrees today so windows were open! DD is mid-cold and DS10 is starting with it....oh so fun.

Haircut tomorrow and then superbowl Sunday. Since our team isn't playing it'll be nice to just enjoy the game without having a stake in it. We have been watching tailgate takedown on the food network and it has made the DSs more eager to try different kinds of munchies so it'll be a nice change from typical chips and frozen pizza bites!

You Ladies are so brave with your stepping! I tried a step class years ago and I swear to you I have never been more confused. Anyone who does it more than once is a brave soul!

So thankful to be home-such uneventful travels and I slept so well last night!

Had youngest niece today and I napped with her this afternoon…ended up having to wake her to get DD from work-she was not pleased but recovered quickly, thankfully!

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

I took step aerobic classes for years. They were lots of fun but I was usually a beat or two off!

I finally figured out that this annoying cold I've almost been having for a couple of weeks isn't a cold but allergies! Took a pill and today I felt soooo much better.

We're going to my parents' place Saturday for the night. We won't get there until after lunch tomorrow and will leave before lunch Sunday, but glad to see them and help do a few little things for them. On our way to their place we're going to hit a mall and search for a mother of the groom dress for me. ugh. I hate shopping but it must be done!! One month and a few days to go!

It's Social Saturday -

With Valentine's Day coming up, do you have plans for this weekend, or for Tuesday itself?
If you have kids or grandkids, do you have any special traditions with them?

DH and I aren't usually huge celebrators of Valentine's Day. We do cards, but the anniversary of our first date is actually later in February, so we've historically gone out to dinner or something then instead, when it isn't crazy busy and a long wait for a table.

We are going to a Valentine's thing at his lodge tonight, though, because we're friends with the organizers. It should be fun, and the food is always good there.

The "little kids" in my life right now are my cousins' children (ages 2-5, two in Rhode Island and one in Texas). We got a valentine from the oldest in the mail already, and I sent them all cards and stickers.

DS is grown now, but my favorite Valentine's present to him was the year he got his braces off - two days before Valentine's Day. We gave him a huge heart-shaped box of all the things he hadn't been able to eat in a while.

0450CCBE-3138-4818-90EE-EEA5C27667FB.jpeg
4988CFDD-B0E2-462C-8A2B-F9997FFDB1EC.jpeg

Last edited:
No big plans...it kind of snuck up with the kids having colds. But I orders insomnia cookies for them and already ordered dunkin grub hub delivery for DH at work. much like @polyannamom our date-a-versary is near the end of the month and we have play tix for the day before.

Currently sitting getting color in my hair and just ordered bathingsuits for the kids for Easter. Was just browsing but I saw a bluey suit, a Harry Potter suit and a minnie so had to jump on those! 

I’m going to get myself some flowers later today, but that’s it, for this year at least. If I stay focused on my goal I will have a sweetheart to celebrate with next year.

Had a late lie in this morning when I did get out of bed got going right away on Charles and errands… dropping off recycle, a bag at Goodwill, an Amazon return at UPS, gas and a stop at the nursery.

Sorry for being MIA again. Another crazy week of deadlines. Ugh.

Wednesday was our 100th day of school celebration. The kids presented their projects and many of them came dressed up as if they were 100 years old with wigs and canes. They were hilarious. It was a late day of training and an unpleasant meeting which was unfortunate.

Thursday and Friday were very busy days, so the weekend finally being here is a blessing.

I am at the spa now getting my mani pedi. This is the first moment I’ve had to myself.

DD and I aren’t football fans so we are going to a movie tomorrow. Valentine’s Day will just be a card exchange. School will be fun filled, of course.

I have done well with eating this week and did not give in to bad impulses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter