February W.I.S.H. - Loving the Healthy Life!

I covered time in nature yesterday - took the cats out in the yard, and also went for a walk with DS.

I'm spending time alone right now (DH and DS are still sleeping).

And I will be spending time with loved ones later. - Today's Mass will be dedicated to my late brother-in-law (whose birthday would have been this week) so we are having lunch at DH's folks' house after, and I'll be concentrating on caring for those having the hardest time.

Yesterday was my spa day, and it really was the first time I caught my breath and relaxed all week.

The demands are just really piled on this time of year. I look forward to March...a nice solid month of TEACHING, no standardized assessments getting in the way...just teaching and learning.

DD got us tickets to see "A Man Called Otto." There just wasn't anything else to see so I'm mentally preparing myself for the intense sadness. Hopefully it won't be a waste of an afternoon. Last week DH and I watched "The Banshees of Inisherin," which I definitely did not enjoy. I'm still trying to figure out why it was categorized as a comedy...I've seen dark comedies that made me laugh. This movie just annoyed me. So we shall see...

For those watching the super bowl and looking forward to parties, have a blast!

Yesterday was my spa day, and it really was the first time I caught my breath and relaxed all week.

The demands are just really piled on this time of year. I look forward to March...a nice solid month of TEACHING, no standardized assessments getting in the way...just teaching and learning.

DD got us tickets to see "A Man Called Otto." There just wasn't anything else to see so I'm mentally preparing myself for the intense sadness. Hopefully it won't be a waste of an afternoon. Last week DH and I watched "The Banshees of Inisherin," which I definitely did not enjoy. I'm still trying to figure out why it was categorized as a comedy...I've seen dark comedies that made me laugh. This movie just annoyed me. So we shall see...

For those watching the super bowl and looking forward to parties, have a blast!
For 'A Man Called Otto' I really only cried at the end, and you've gotta love a small town theatre... the manager was at the exit door with a box of tissues. The rest was emotional but not overwhelming so. Last night I saw "Living" with Bill Nighy, who I really like. Also about an older man and death but also a British culture study. It was also very good.

From the Self-care list for today:

Get out in nature... going for a beach walk in a bit, during low tide. I've heard there's an area where you can find a lot of beach glass but you can only get to it when the tide is out.
Loved ones... I've been texting with my Sister and Niece all morning, that'll have to do.
Brunch... I went to my favorite place for breakfast this morning.
Snuggle... I subscribed to You Tube TV yesterday because I was feeling too cut-off without live tv. SO I'm thinking I'll watch The Super Bowl later this afternoon and as soon as I sit down on the sofa there will be a cat in my lap.
Spa... I'm going to make this evening a spa night.
Book... I need to at the very least read the February chapter in Wintering.

Other than that I've been doing household chores, which feels really good.

Feb Goals Week 2:
Walking 5 of 5
Yoga 5 of 5
Step 5 of 5

I'm going to discontinue step aerobics for the time being. I'm not enjoying it and I don't think it is right for my body. My Niece is doing Pilates and they have classes late enough in the day that will work for me, so I'm going to try that. Plus it'll get me out of the house around people.

Spa time was yesterday, went to get a cut and color. However could not take my sweet old time after as DS10 and DD were still sick and DH was having a tough time with everyone. DD put in kind of a tough night but she is better today aside from being tired.

Didn't have a brunch but made breakfast for the week...baked oatmeal bars and granola bars.

DD is sleeping right now (lucky) while DS10 and I are watching the puppy bowl. DS7 and DH are at a bowing party DH called to ask what size shoe...um...look inside his sneaker and see what size he is?

Just need to get through next Monday and work will become a smidge less stressful...I can't wait to get back to my actual job!

It was a busy day yesterday. I left the house at about 9:30am and didn't get home until a little after 10pm. Having 1 car right now has been a pain. Hopefully we will get DH's car back by Tuesday.

We don't go out for Valentine's day. I usually get the kids something small and I get chocolate covered strawberries. DD went out to dinner with a friend last night so Dh and I went to dinner too. Just a different restaurant close by. DS was at a soccer game.

Today has been a more relaxed day. We all got a late start except for DH how did the grocery shopping at like 6 or 7 this morning. It has warmed up here so DD, DH and I walked the dog up to Pet Supplies Plus to get a few things. Piper has been mostly zonked out since we got back. She also had a bath this morning and was very playful running around after. We made Chili and Chicken wings for dinner and we have been watching the Puppy Bowl and football stuff. The game will be on shortly.

We ended up falling in love with Otto. I'm glad I went along with what DD wanted and saw the movie. I have a few curmudgeons in my life that I actually care very much about, and I saw them in Otto. I found it to be a beautiful story and a tribute to love.

Found two dresses and bought them both since future daughter in law works nights and was sleeping. Of course she likes the one I like least of the two! I'll try them both on again and then wear whichever one fits best as we get nearer the day. They were both on super sale so got a good deal!

Got chores done for my parents and just had a good visit.

Found out today that I'm going to be a great auntie again in about six months! Too bad this niece lives in Colorado so it'll be a while before I see that little one! I see a road trip in our future next summer!

I haven't lost any weight but I need to get eating under control. I mostly eat good if I am home. But the afternoons have been crazy and we have been eating out a lot. Plus at least once a week I have been stopping at BK for breakfast after dropping the kid off at school. I am getting pretty good with workouts. I still need to stay on top of it but I am getting about 60 minutes most days. Thursday and Saturday are my worst days. But getting there. About 50 days until Disney.

I am very proud of DD right now. She broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago. She has been trying to move on. He is not allowing it. He won't give her stuff back (I am sure he has thrown them out) and now last week him and his friends started following her around the school. At first it wasn't a huge deal and she was going her best to just avoid him. It was only in the band and in the hall right out side the band room. She had told a few teacher but since it just started they were waiting to see what happens. Well on Friday the boys followed her and her friend from the band room to the cafe and other places around the school (the whole school each lunch at the same time for an hour and move around the school as the want). This was going up and down flights of stairs. She went the band director in tears on Friday after this. He was going to talk to the councilor and get it taken care of. Nothing happened on Friday because shortly after this they had an assembly for the rest of the day. So this morning she went to talk with the councilor and they decided that the councilor would talk with him and if it happens again she would fill out an incident report. She could have done one today but I don't think she wants to get him in trouble, just wants him to leave her alone. I don't think he will do anything and I have told her this. She is pretty creeped out by it. He is still 14 and I think just trying to get a reaction out of her. He was head over heels for her and I think he is hurting and trying to get back at her. Doesn't excuse this behavior though. She has done the right thing and told someone and is advocating for herself. This is what I am proud of her for. I have told her I can get involved but she wants to handle it on her own right now.

Each week I've been asking myself:

Was this move the right/best choice?
Am I making the most of this change?

I think it's time to let the first question go, as it's done and I'm here! But the second question is a work in progress. It is really important that I develop new habits and consistently do the things that I thought this move would bring to my life. I'd say I'm doing OK but can put even more effort in to it, so that'll be my motivation this week... to work harder at creating the life I want.

I absolutely need to get my eating under control, as I'm back to where all I really want is sugar. I will start turning that ship around this week. And altho I got in my neighborhood walks last week they really weren't long enough or strenuous enough, so I'll make that adjustment as well. I'll see if I can find a walking club this week as well. Pilates classes are booked but the earliest I can start is March, in the meantime I'll check out You Tube and start practicing getting up from the floor, because it is an awkward challenge for me.

The other thing for this week is to find some new things to do, like the linocut class, that will get me out of the house and around people.

TOPIC TUESDAY
3EBC506C-EACD-4B79-B64C-C313B3B3CA86.jpeg

BC6700FD-F3C5-4FB6-8295-57ECAE204631.jpeg

I know that I will be tempted with treats today, so I bought my class mini cupcakes for our party. Eating one mini cupcake shouldn't do too much damage. I will no doubt receive candy from students. My way of handling that will be to have a little and give the rest away. Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of DD's deceased friend's birthday. The tradition is to have vanilla cupcakes in her honor. I plan on cutting it in half.

How will you deal with any special treats today?

Last edited:
I haven't lost any weight but I need to get eating under control. I mostly eat good if I am home. But the afternoons have been crazy and we have been eating out a lot. Plus at least once a week I have been stopping at BK for breakfast after dropping the kid off at school. I am getting pretty good with workouts. I still need to stay on top of it but I am getting about 60 minutes most days. Thursday and Saturday are my worst days. But getting there. About 50 days until Disney.

I am very proud of DD right now. She broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago. She has been trying to move on. He is not allowing it. He won't give her stuff back (I am sure he has thrown them out) and now last week him and his friends started following her around the school. At first it wasn't a huge deal and she was going her best to just avoid him. It was only in the band and in the hall right out side the band room. She had told a few teacher but since it just started they were waiting to see what happens. Well on Friday the boys followed her and her friend from the band room to the cafe and other places around the school (the whole school each lunch at the same time for an hour and move around the school as the want). This was going up and down flights of stairs. She went the band director in tears on Friday after this. He was going to talk to the councilor and get it taken care of. Nothing happened on Friday because shortly after this they had an assembly for the rest of the day. So this morning she went to talk with the councilor and they decided that the councilor would talk with him and if it happens again she would fill out an incident report. She could have done one today but I don't think she wants to get him in trouble, just wants him to leave her alone. I don't think he will do anything and I have told her this. She is pretty creeped out by it. He is still 14 and I think just trying to get a reaction out of her. He was head over heels for her and I think he is hurting and trying to get back at her. Doesn't excuse this behavior though. She has done the right thing and told someone and is advocating for herself. This is what I am proud of her for. I have told her I can get involved but she wants to handle it on her own right now.
My DD went through a similar situation in high school. In fact, her boyfriend was downright emotionally abusive and was cheating on her the entire time. She chose her next boyfriend basically because she felt like she needed a body guard. I remember her ex blocking her exit off of the football field after graduation and her boyfriend having to intervene. She has since avoided relationships and has been dealing with what happened to her in therapy for years.

Mothers need to do better with their sons so that our daughters are safe and loved in a healthy way.

Each week I've been asking myself:

Was this move the right/best choice?
Am I making the most of this change?

I think it's time to let the first question go, as it's done and I'm here! But the second question is a work in progress. It is really important that I develop new habits and consistently do the things that I thought this move would bring to my life. I'd say I'm doing OK but can put even more effort in to it, so that'll be my motivation this week... to work harder at creating the life I want.

I absolutely need to get my eating under control, as I'm back to where all I really want is sugar. I will start turning that ship around this week. And altho I got in my neighborhood walks last week they really weren't long enough or strenuous enough, so I'll make that adjustment as well. I'll see if I can find a walking club this week as well. Pilates classes are booked but the earliest I can start is March, in the meantime I'll check out You Tube and start practicing getting up from the floor, because it is an awkward challenge for me.

The other thing for this week is to find some new things to do, like the linocut class, that will get me out of the house and around people.
I admire your courage to live your life to the absolute fullest. I don't know that I would be as brave as you are.

My DD went through a similar situation in high school. In fact, her boyfriend was downright emotionally abusive and was cheating on her the entire time. She chose her next boyfriend basically because she felt like she needed a body guard. I remember her ex blocking her exit off of the football field after graduation and her boyfriend having to intervene. She has since avoided relationships and has been dealing with what happened to her in therapy for years.

Mothers need to do better with their sons so that our daughters are safe and loved in a healthy way.
That is horrible. Thankfully we are not to this point and yesterday he did not follow her but is saying all sort of things about her. He seemed like such a sweet boy. Though I am finding out that he was really jealous when thy were dating and even got mad when a teacher switched the students seat in class and put DD next to her ex from last year. This id about the time she broke it off with him.

I can't you how many conversations I have had with DS on how he treats women. If I ever heard that he did this to someone he would hear it from me. He is really sticking by DD as well. He even offered to switch buses to Disney so she did have to be on the same one with her ex. He would then be on a bus without his friends. If the ex keeps it up I can see him stepping in and saying something.

happy-valentines-day-cute-hand-drawn-decorative-lettering-with-hearts-and-seasonal-design.jpg

... or Happy Galantine's Day a day late! I've been binge watching the old episodes of Parks and Recreation (for some reason I never watched it while it was on) and have seen two of the Galantine's Day episodes. What fun and how amazing to be a comedy writer and have something you've written become part of popular culture.

Food wise my Valentine's weakness is those little conversation hearts, they have just the right texture to satisfy my self-regulation chewing needs. Fortunately they are sold out in town... I know because I bought the last of them Sunday.

The Asics Gel athletic shoes and Lulumon sweatshirt I ordered both came yesterday and I love them. I'm considering both Valentine's gifts I've given myself. I'm going to wear both to go get myself a fancy pastry at the fancy bakery when they open in a bit this morning, and then my Valentine's Day will be complete. For this year at least.. as mentioned next year I plan on getting a fancy pastry for my sweetheart as well.

128-1289557_fancy-valentine-hearts-clipart-fancy-heart-by-valentines.png

I really like those noom quotes the first one reminds me of the nutritionist I worked when I had gestational diabetes. If your body is really craving something there is a reason...eat a small amount of it and move on so you don't binge on it later!

Don't have a plan for today in regards to treats. I am giving myself grace and space through next Thursday given my stress levels at work. Will return to salad and soup lunches and small between meal snacks with a good carb/protein balance at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter