February W.I.S.H. - Loving the Healthy Life!

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the February 2023 W.I.S.H. thread!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:
MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

February Schedule:
2/6/23 - 2/12/23: PollyannaMom
2/13/23 - 2/19/23: Summer2018
2/20/23 - 2/26/23: Oneanne
2/27/23 - 3/5/23:

:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc
We still need one more host!! :Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc

Last edited:
Hello all. I'm Lizanne, a single lady of a certain age no longer living in Seattle. My recent move to a small town on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State is life changing, and a big milestone in my quest for healthier living.

My weight loss goal for February is pretty aggressive, as I'd like to drop -5 pounds. And I haven't done very much the first week of the month to get there... we have a number of very nice bakeries in town and I visited most of them last week.

One of the advantages to moving here is easy access to nature and interesting places to take walks. So another goal for this month will be walking a minimum of 5 days per week.

Also now that moving is complete, my physical activity levels have dropped off and I need to add in something that is going to burn calories. So in addition to my You Tube Yoga I'll be picking up Step Aerobics: I'll also do yoga and step at least 5 days each week.

Happy February everyone.

I did the quiz from Saturday. I got Rapunzel. It fit me pretty well.

Yesterday was able to get a good walk in. DS had soccer where they have an indoor track. I walked to track with 2 other moms for the hour of practice.

Today was my 60 mark until our Disney trip. I got up nice and early and booked our reservations. We are doing the Rose and Crown fireworks dinner, Beaches and Cream (we are taking the kids to this one), Shula's (at the Swan/Dolphin) and Big River Grille. We got everything we wanted though I will keep a look out for and earlier time for Beaches and Cream. It is not a bad time but wanted something earlier since we will be doing Rose and Crown that night.

We also finally got a plan together of our days. This is the first time we are using the park hoppers. We get them every time we go but don't really use them. Here is our plan. It seems kind of crazy.

Friday - HS in the afternoon. This is the day we get their.
Saturday - AK in am and HS in the afternoon
Sunday - MK until sometime after the parade then maybe Disney springs for dinner. Kids march in the 2:30 parade.
Monday - Ak in am and Epcot in the afternoon
Tuesday - HS in the am and Epcot in the afternoon
Wednesday - MK. They deluxe extra hours are this day so we will go in the morning and then have a long break before going back.

I'm Summer...58 years old, married 30 years this July to my DH, 63. We have one DD, 25, who still lives with us...not looking forward to the day we become empty nesters. I'm a veteran early childhood teacher in an inner city public school currently teaching kindergarten. I am on NOOM working hard on my goal to become healthier and in better physical condition. My ultimate goal is to lose 70 lbs., 30 by June.

My incredibly small habit is to stay off technology one hour before bed by taking a shower then reading a book before going to sleep so that I will get a better night's sleep which will help my weight loss efforts and overall health.

I had a shock today...a little mouse ran across my classroom to the corner by my closet and my small group table. I sprayed mint around the room to repel rodents, but it didn't work this time. My school BFF found mice in her desk drawer eating paper. I guess the extreme cold increased their numbers in the school. I bought more rodent repellent and a peppermint diffuser to keep on my desk.

Last edited:
I'm Summer...58 years old, married 30 years this July to my DH, 63. We have one DD, 25, who still lives with us...not looking forward to the day we become empty nesters. I'm a veteran early childhood teacher in an inner city public school currently teaching kindergarten. I am on NOOM working hard on my goal to become healthier and in better physical condition. My ultimate goal is to lose 70 lbs., 30 by June.

My incredibly small habit is to stay off technology one hour before bed by taking a shower then reading a book before going to sleep so that I will get a better night's sleep which will help my weight loss efforts and overall health.

I had a shock today...a little mouse ran across my classroom to the corner by my closet and my small group table. I sprayed mint around the room to repel rodents, but it didn't work this time. My school BFF found mice in her desk drawer eating paper. I guess the extreme cold increased their numbers in the school. I bought more rodent repellent and a peppermint diffuser to keep on my desk.
I was all set to :love: your post about the new evening routine, and then I wanted to 🙀 about the mouse. Hope he finds a new home quickly!

P.S. - We use peppermint in our shed too, ever since some chewed the wires in the snowblowers!

I'm Nicole, 52, living in Massachusetts with DH (also 52) and DS (22). We have two cats, a leopard gecko, and several fish.

I've had a case of the winter lazies lately, so my February goal is is to get my act together! I spent part of yesterday (first draft) and part of today (refined version) creating a loose schedule that I think will help.

As far as exercise goes, my official goal in the other thread is 500 minutes (since it's a short month, and I'll be traveling a bit later in it) but I'm hoping to exceed that.

I'm Linda an empty nester from the Pacific NW. I'm rather lacking in motivation right now, but will keep plodding along trying to make healthy choices.

DS2 gets married next month in Las Vegas, so you'd think I'd be super motivated! Alas, nope! I think when DS1 got married a year or so ago I was motivated because I think I wanted to hold my own against his future in laws. I'm not worried about DS2's in laws because they're so much less involved in their lives. Weird, but that's the way my brain is currently working. Really should work on that! :upsidedow

I'm Shannon 40 from RI. Mom of 3 (DS10, DS7 and DD) living with them and DH. Full time employee of a bank trying to figure out the pick up schedule now that after school activities are back!

My motivation is to feel more physically comfortable. Not all of the discomfort is weight/physicality related but some is. My goal is to get some tone again. While the number on the scale doesn't bother me the little bit of chub peaking over my waistband and on my back does.

Last month I downloaded a fitness app from a youtuber I like and favorited a bunch of her videos. I am starting in earnest but my goal by the end of the month is fitting in at least 3 workouts a week...one of which needs to be over 20 minutes long. She posts a lot of 5-10 minute videos which fit in well after the kids go to bed. Also need to start using the resistance band and off-brand thigh master I ordered last spring. Just decided going to add those to once a week usage to start. My home/office work schedule is influx so working these goals in consistently will be my challenge!

Just ordered seeds for my garden from etsy...looking forward to the warmer weather when fresh greens are only a stroll outside and a wash away.

Hi, I am Stephanie from Northeast Ohio. I live with DH (married 18 years) and DS (16) and DD (15). My goal right now is to get ready for Disney. We leave in 59 days and I have done nothing to prepare my feet. DS will also turn 17 in 59 days. He is so excited to spend his whole birthday on the bus to Disney.

This month I am going to work on upping my step count. Right now I am trying to get 10,000 steps a day. By the end of the month I am hoping to be at 12,000. This is not easy as I am the one who is usually driving kids places. DS takes the driving test again on Saturday (only needs to do maneuverability) so hopefully this will help. I will still take him to his foot skills, I think. I just made plans with 2 other moms (we are all friends as our boys have been playing sports and doing karate together since they were 5) to walk the track during the practice. This will give me at least an hour of walking and catching up with friends. Plus it is some accountability.

I take supplements daily. In addition to Centrum for women over 50, vitamin C, Garlic, Ginger, and probiotics.

I’m working on getting better sleep between buying a new bed, avoiding technology one hour before bed, taking a warm shower, and reading a book before going to sleep.

I make a smoothie with spinach, carrots, blueberries, raspberries, and pineapple most days for DD and I to drink as an after work snack instead of having crackers or chips.

I can't think of anything I'm doing to specifically improve immunity. Prior to going to WDW in December I did start taking Turkey Tail, but there was something about it that didn't seem quite right for me so I stopped. And then I got sick... so maybe I should have stayed on it.

Since my February goals are laid out by what I'm committed to doing each week, I'm going to post my progress for some self-accountability. And in the spirit of accountability I got on the scale this morning and as suspected am up two pounds, so I really need to get my body moving again.

Feb Week 2:
Walking 2 of 5
Yoga 1 of 5
Step 0 of 5

I am woohoo that I have been getting on the treadmill and getting 60 minutes in each time.

A not so woohoo, the band director emailed me last night that he is limiting when parents can check the kids out at Disney to the day that they are at the water park but only after they get back to the resort. So I wouldn't be able to get them until closer to 6pm. It doesn't really work in our schedule and I talked with the kids and they are perfectly fine staying with their friends. In all honesty this is probably better all around. I am just not happy because I have talked to him several times over the year about this and he never said that I was only able to take them only during this time. I will still see them I am sure here and there. We are in the same park on our 1 morning in AK, their parade day and 1 of our EPCOT afternoons.

Woohoo... our Alaska cruise is booked and paid for! I've never been that interested in cruising before, but I am so excited about it.

Woohoo... sunset is now around 5:30pm, so there's plenty of time to get out for a walk after work while the sun is still up. Yesterday I went to North Beach to do my walk, where it was close to high tide and very windy. A couple guys were out kite boarding, and the gal standing next to me started chatting with me and reinforced one of my primary reasons for moving here.

1675872544026.png

Woohoo... this house has enough floor space for step aerobics. I had my first go at it last night, haven't found a video I like yet and getting my feet under control is going to take practice, but it felt good to move some body parts that haven't been moving lately.

Feb Goals Week 2:
Walking 3 of 5
Yoga 2 of 5
Step 1 of 5

Hi Friends,

Skipping my intro cause I am mega behind here!! Missed everyone!!

Been traveling all week for work. Working in middle Georgia, 1.5 hours from Atlanta, without traffic. Monday was my travel day, spent more time in the rental car line than on the plane 😭 then 2.5 hours to get to my hotel due to the time of day.

After that things have looked up, my trip has been better than expected and I am absolutely delighted. Early mornings, 4-5am wakeups all 3 days but tomorrow is my last 4am wake-up and that’s to catch my flight!

As far as immunity-I think I am the supplement queen 🤣 I take a multi, D3s, a C/zinc combo, 2 Modere supplements and will use Zicam melts if one of the nieces nephews have a sickness and I care for them. I don’t know if it’s all that or my gallon+ of water each day but I only get sick once every 1-2 years so I am gonna stick with it!

Whoohooooing this Wednesday a excellent work trip and going home tomorrow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter