February W.I.S.H. - Loving the Healthy Life!

Self-care today starts with making this the first day I get back on track doing the things I need to do for a healthy life. So far I've spent the morning putzing around in the kitchen, cleaning and re-organizing a few things that weren't quite working.

A little later I'm going to go walk the part of the Larry Scott trail that goes from the marina to the paper mill... my Niece said that section is two miles round trip, which seems like the right distance to help me get the cobwebs out.

Then this afternoon it will be putzing around in the dressing room with more organizing and spending some time reading.

All in all, should be a lovely day... hoping you all have the same.

Motivation this week is to move past “weekend eating” and get back on track. I didn’t do terrible but I ate out much more than normal and today I will be getting back on track!

I am off today and looking forward to getting a few small projects done as well as working out and a walk!

Happy Monday!!

My motivation this week... to find a way to shake off the end of winter blues. After a couple damp and overcast days I'm feeling the gloom and need some sunshine, but it looks like we've got a wind storm blowing in instead. Getting going again with better eating and more exercising will surely help. Yesterday was a better food day, so I need to build on that for the rest of the week.

Today is the last day of my "winter break". I'm happy to have gotten some deep cleaning done during the past few days. I needed to get some steps in, so I ran to Target this morning to pick up some things I needed. I picked up some healthy snacks that are easy to grab and are portion controlled. I was pleasantly surprised to have two friendly interactions with Target associates...first time since the pandemic started. Target used to be my favorite store because I could basically find almost anything, and I truly liked the associates. I have done a lot of shopping on Amazon not only because of the wider selection, but so I could avoid the rude associates that took over my Target in 2020. Anyway, it was a nice experience which was also made delightful because of all of the spring displays...I even picked up some Cosmos Sensation seeds.

I'm very motivated to lose weight right now seeing that my reunion with my Beach BFF is in 107 days!!!:eek: I need to get SERIOUS right now. Obviously, I won't ever look 18 again, but I could be a much better version of 58 when I reunite with my friend. When the calendar says, "February 20, 2023," summer seems so far off, but my friends, it really isn't...just 120 days until the first day of summer. This is the kick in the behind I needed to help me realize that I do not have all the time in the world to look and feel better this summer.

TOPIC TUESDAY:

nest-eggs-5bfc1f2cc9e77c005141a39e.jpg

I subscribe to a newsletter that one of my favorite authors, Cait Flanders, sends out. In a recent edition she listed out some questions to use as journaling prompts, that I thought would be fun for us to think about. Please pick one that resonates with you and share your thoughts.

1. Who are you today? List any 5 things that will paint a picture!
  2. What do your days currently look/feel like?
  3. What do you want more/less of right now?
  4. What are you interested in? Curious about? Want to explore next?

My days are starting to feel suspiciously familiar... different but yet still the same. I knew it would be this way with the move, because I am still me even tho my surroundings have changed. It will take a while for this place to change me. And as I've mentioned, I know I have to work at creating the life I want here.

I'm not exercising enough... the crappy end of winter weather has kept me inside which needs to end, I just need to bundle up and get out there. Yesterday I bought a fuzzy bucket hat that is kind of silly looking but I absolutely love, so I plan on going walking just so I can wear it. I have found a walking group but they get together during the day time, so I haven't joined in yet. But I've decided I'm just going to block time on my work calendar once in a while and go walk with them. And last week I skipped my nightly YouTube Yoga as well, not good. I'm thinking I'll start doing it at the end of the work day instead of before bed, incase I'm just not feeling it later on.

I think the thing that resonates with me the most right now is how different my days feel if I have real life face to face contact with people. I didn't feel this way before I moved, I think because it was just part of how I lived. I have the expectation that people are going to come in to my life here and be part of my everyday routines, so I am missing the connections when a day goes by that I don't have at least a human interaction with the checker at the grocery store.

Last edited:
I'm not exercising enough... the crappy end of winter weather has kept me inside which needs to end, I just need to bundle up and get out there. Yesterday I bought a fuzzy bucket hat that is kind of silly looking but I absolutely love, so I plan on going walking just so I can wear it. I have found a walking group but they get together during the day time, so I haven't joined in yet. But I've decided I'm just going to block time on my work calendar once in a while and go walk with them. And last week I skipped my nightly YouTube Yoga as well, not good. I'm thinking I'll start doing it at the end of the work day instead of before bed, incase I'm just not feeling it later on.
I also find I have to tweak my exercise time every once in a while as the seasons change and alter my other routines.

What do you want more/less of right now?
I would like to spend more time in intentional activities, and less in mindless scrolling, etc.

What do you want more/less of right now?
I want a bit more time to explore my interests. Not a ton more time but a bit. As the kids are getting older I am getting more time by a minute here and a few minutes there and that's enough. Enough time to read on Friday nights while the DSs help make dinner. Maybe enough time to begun knitting again now that DD is making a little potty training progress.

Had a bit of a tough one not too long ago. DS10 has joined drama club and he asked me if I had ever been on stage.
Dear dis peeps...I danced for 20 years from toddlerhood through college. I have a minor in theater arts, I have been onstage and backstage in plays starting in junior high and through college. The fact he asked shocked me...did I never mention this part of my life to my kids? How is that possible? I don't have many videos or anything since the VHS tapes at my parents house were exposed to some serious heat...but I have pictures! I just can't believe such a major part of my life was unknown to my kids....how did that happen?

The insane project is almost done...and my pants are getting TIGHT. They still fit but are not cute so once this is over I need to get back into the quick burn workout a couple times a week. This weekend was not the time...I was so tired last night I fell asleep on my living room floor while DS7 was headbutting me trying to lay down next to me.

What do your days currently look/feel like?

This is a great question-my days feel very busy, but I often feel like they shouldn’t. PreCovid I commuted 1 hour round trip everyday, had more kids at home ect….

Now I only go in 1 day a week, at most, and I have one teen in the house but I feel busy and often I feel like I shouldn’t?

Lots of things in my life have changed, we volunteer a lot, DD works and homeschools and I have several more nieces and nephews and they do fill my time (in a delightful way!)

So my days feel different but good, life is always a adjustment to one thing or another so I am certain one day I will look back and think this part of my life was busy, happy, boring ect….

Woohoo... we had sunshine yesterday! I took two breaks during the day to go outside and prune more of the big bush and took a neighborhood walk at lunchtime. Then after work I went to North Beach and walked some more plus just stood and watched the waves. It felt so so good to be outside.

Then this morning we're getting a dusting of snow, which was a surprise that I hadn't seen in the forecast. So woohoo, I got my wish for some February snow and to see the neighboring barn with some snow around it.

1677082393441.png

Woohoo... I'm really happy with my haircut and will go back to her.

Not so woohoo... I've come down with a cold, dang it. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

@Oneanne absolutely gorgeous photo-looks like a post card!!

@Summer2018 such a pretty glass enjoy your drink!!

Whoohoooo this is a 3 day week for me which is awesome!!

Whoooohoooo (maybe?!?) I stopped tracking my food via weight watchers this week and started tracking my macros. Just felt like I needed a change and it’s going ok so far. I will keep everyone updated.

Happy Wednesday friends!!

Thankful for my MIL - today is her birthday, and she she is absolutely amazing! I hear about people frequently who don't get along with their MILs, but I really lucked out in that department. She's just an all-around nice person, and treats me like one of her own kids.

Thankful for DH's friend who will be watching our pets during our upcoming trip to Florida, and who is also our go-to person for all handyman advice. He's a great guy, and always helping everyone.

Thankful/excited to be getting ready for vacation (but still a little nervous something will go wrong).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter