February W.I.S.H. - Loving the Healthy Life!

FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY
92F52F51-0103-4461-89BB-F2332C1C8751.jpeg

This crazy spring weather we’ve been having following the sub zero temperatures we had a couple of weeks ago has me looking at my pool and wondering how early I can get my husband to open it. Right now I am shooting for mid-April but if it was open today, I would have happily turned on the heater and gone for a swim. I'm so ready to leave this non-winter behind.

(Yes, my tummy feels better. It comes and goes in waves.)

Last edited:
I was a PreK public school teacher for nearly 20 years. My last full year was my best in all ways. I had reached a level of mastery in my practice. I had parent involvement like never before. I really loved that class. On my observations and end of year evaluation, I had always scored "Accomplished" overall with a couple of areas "Exemplary." That last year, I scored "Exemplary" across the board.

Then the pandemic happened. I watched my friends take early retirement while I figured out what to do next. I spoke with my principal about the sudden opening in Kindergarten in October, told her that I would like it, and she just handed it to me without any formal interviews because she knew that I would deliver. I taught online. I socially distanced and wore masks (still do). I survived. I have been learning how to teach Kindergarten, which in Connecticut is more like 1st grade, a grade I had no training or experience in. In spite of that, I have done well enough to score "Accomplished." That's not good enough for me, when I knew that I had done more in the past. So, I have committed to the rigorous Science of Reading trainings and implemented what I learned. Last year, I didn't have the confidence I am used to having, but I kept pushing forward and doing my best. This year, I have had many challenging behaviors which have taken my focus away from being better, but I kept trying.

I recently had my first observation of the school year...
Drumroll please...

EXEMPLARY scores across the board!!!

Last edited:
I was a PreK public school teacher for nearly 20 years. My last full year was my best in all ways. I had reached a level of mastery in my practice. I had parent involvement like never before. I really loved that class. On my observations and end of year evaluation, I had always scored "Accomplished" overall with a couple of areas "Exemplary." That last year, I scored "Exemplary" across the board.

Then the pandemic happened. I watched my friends take early retirement while I figured out what to do next. I spoke with my principal about the sudden opening in Kindergarten in October, told her that I would like it, and she just handed it to me without any formal interviews because she knew that I would deliver. I taught online. I socially distanced and wore masks (still do). I survived. I have been learning how to teach Kindergarten, which in Connecticut is more like 1st grade, a grade I had no training or experience in. In spite of that, I have done well enough to score "Accomplished." That's not good enough for me, when I knew that I had done more in the past. So, I have committed to the rigorous Science of Reading trainings and implemented what I learned. Last year, I didn't have the confidence I am used to having, but I kept pushing forward and doing my best. This year, I have had many challenging behaviors which have taken my focus away from being better, but I kept trying.

Drumroll please...

Great job. My mom had hers this week. I am not sure how it went yet but her pre meeting didn't go as well. She got vertigo for the first time this week. Tuesday the doctor put her on medicine (basically prescription Bonine) and she was really foggy at her meeting. The principle understood. This is the last one she will need to do. I think here they do them every other year as long as you do good on them. She is retiring after the 23/24 school year.

Drumroll please...

Well done you - congratulations!

If anyone is in the mood for a classic 1980's romance, Officer and a Gentleman was filmed here in Port Townsend. Most of it takes place at Fort Worden but there are a few sequences shot around town, and the paper mill she works at is really here. I watched it earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised that the romance part has aged fairly well, but the story line of his personal growth is pretty rife with male toxicity.

The plumber ended up having to cut a hole in the bathroom wall to get the leak fixed. I really felt for him because when he started everything he touched crumbled or split... it is a very old house. I'm just glad I don't have to pay for the three hours he was here, or for the wall repair.

Haven't thought of anything major to do this weekend. I haven't been exercising at all this week, so need to get that sorted out and maybe tomorrow I'll go shopping in Poulsbo and have lunch.

Happy Friday everyone

Last edited:
Pray for me dis-ers....not only is it project from h#ll weekend, but DS10 brought home a recorder

There will be no monitored eating between now and Wednesday night.

Plus side the seeds I ordered from etsy came in so I have to go through them all to see when they should be planted. Yay for salad and flowers!

Pray for me dis-ers....not only is it project from h#ll weekend, but DS10 brought home a recorder

There will be no monitored eating between now and Wednesday night.

Plus side the seeds I ordered from etsy came in so I have to go through them all to see when they should be planted. Yay for salad and flowers!
Sending positive vibes your way!

@Summer2018 CONGRATS proud of you!!

@ShannyMcB good luck to you-my oldest niece currently has her recorder and oh my gosh I forgot what a LOUD season of life that is!!! Have the excedrin ready!!!

Today was such a great day-we got our new windows installed from our December vandalism incident and they are amazing!!!! Love them so much!! Our thrifting went great and my MIL and I went to lunch after thrifting/taking DD to work, which was lovely.

Everyone have a great start to the weekend!

@Summer2018 good job!
@ShannyMcB had a good laugh at bringing home the recorder! Been there, done that. You can do this!!!

My three day weekend started a few hours early which was nice. After the appointment we were able to swing by DS1's home for a quick visit. Got halfway home (so 30 minutes) and my phone rings. DH left his phone there. That's the bad news. Good news is now we get to see DS1 again! We'll meet up someplace (hopefully halfway) Saturday. That's about our only weekend plans. Sunday is DH's birthday but we're babysitting for several hours so no plans.

1676744467744.png

Was thinking I'd be Sun, but the Moon does call to me.

Slow start again this morning... it is grey and misty outside, a perfect sleeping in day. Going to lunch in a bit then to go see the movie 'Everything Everywhere All at Once', which I am very curious about.

Last edited:
A7DB9D29-0ECE-4BDD-8396-18157165E9F8.jpeg
That quiz was fun!

Had a good Saturday we walked at the SPCA, DD worked and hubs and I had tacos from our favorite local takeout place.

Also, got a call from the police yesterday-they have found the people responsible for shooting our windows back in December with the BB gun! They will be contacting us Thursday about restitution payments which is perfect timing because we just got our new windows installed Friday!

Off to church here in a bit, DH has plans with his dad this afternoon and DD is going to a art class-I’m hoping to take a walk it’s a gorgeous day!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter