Fireworks at the Floridian?

I saw a great video of people watching the fireworks at the Floridian. The sound was chimed in somehow. The people were somewhere at the resort outside, a few sitting on a bench and the rest of the crowd sitting on a little hill. The fireworks looked wonderful from that location. Can anyone go and watch from there?

I don't know of any hills at the GF. We usually watch the fireworks from the seating area by the marina in front of Gasparilla's or from the boat dock. AFAIK, it is OK for people to visit the GF and watch fireworks from there. Another place that is nice is from the beach on the walkway between the Poly and the GF (on the Poly end).

I saw a great video of people watching the fireworks at the Floridian. The sound was chimed in somehow. The people were somewhere at the resort outside, a few sitting on a bench and the rest of the crowd sitting on a little hill. The fireworks looked wonderful from that location. Can anyone go and watch from there?

I can't quite picture the location you describe, especially the "little hill" part. For GF, MK fireworks are generally viewable from:

- The Marina / Gasparilla area
- The boat dock / Narcoosses's area
- GF TPV rooms
- The beach area between the GF wedding pavilion and Poly

This is a view from the marina / Gaspy's area from back in April.

IMG_6865.JPG

IMG_6877.JPG

I watched the fireworks from the Grand Floridian and I think I know the spot you are talking about. They pipe in the music on the veranda of Narcoossee's restaurant. The little hill would be the grassy area just to the left of the restaurant. It has a clear view of MK and the view is great. They also have benches to sit on at the boat dock but I couldn't hear the music very well from there. I prefer the grassy area next to Narcoossee.

I've also watched the fireworks from the marina area in front of Gasparilla's. This is a nice area, too, because there are a lot of tables and chairs to sit at and they pipe the music in there, too. The fireworks view is pretty good but you can't see the widest fireworks. But it is a nice place to sit. :)

Anyone can go there. :)

Still deciding if we should keep our reservation at CG or just grab a snack and go there? Thank you so much for the details. Have you stayed at the Floridian?

Still deciding if we should keep our reservation at CG or just grab a snack and go there? Thank you so much for the details. Have you stayed at the Floridian?
We stayed there Dec 1st to 5th last year. I loved watching the fireworks from the resort, especially the Christmas fireworks because the music was so very beautiful. I watched once from Gasparilla's and twice from near Narcoossee's.

Wow. It must have been amazing. We are staying at the Yacht Club in Sept. Have you seen the fireworks from CG? Are the views better from your Narcooses? Other than of course in the park where is your fvorite spot?

I have seen the fireworks from both, Outside of Narcossee's and from CG, and BLT Top of the World Lounge. They are all amazing! I would give Narcossee's a slight edge, because you are watching from the correct angle. From the Top of the World Lounge, you can see how far behind the Castle the fireworks actually are. A little less magical.

I watched the fireworks from the Grand Floridian and I think I know the spot you are talking about. They pipe in the music on the veranda of Narcoossee's restaurant. The little hill would be the grassy area just to the left of the restaurant. It has a clear view of MK and the view is great. They also have benches to sit on at the boat dock but I couldn't hear the music very well from there. I prefer the grassy area next to Narcoossee.

I've also watched the fireworks from the marina area in front of Gasparilla's. This is a nice area, too, because there are a lot of tables and chairs to sit at and they pipe the music in there, too. The fireworks view is pretty good but you can't see the widest fireworks. But it is a nice place to sit. :)

Anyone can go there. :)

I thought that the area around Narcoosee's is for people eating at the restaurant. Or maybe it is just the Veranda?

Anyway, I'm not sure, so we tend to stay in the 'safely allowed for anyone' areas.

We watched from the boat dock one time and enjoyed very much. I just told the security guard as we drove in that we were there to watch the fireworks from GF. He was fine with that.

We watched from the boat dock one time and enjoyed very much. I just told the security guard as we drove in that we were there to watch the fireworks from GF. He was fine with that.
With the recent crack down on parking at the Mk resorts, I wouldn't count on being able to park there for the fireworks.

I have seen the fireworks from both, Outside of Narcossee's and from CG, and BLT Top of the World Lounge. They are all amazing! I would give Narcossee's a slight edge, because you are watching from the correct angle. From the Top of the World Lounge, you can see how far behind the Castle the fireworks actually are. A little less magical.
You would choose Narcooses over CG? Should we make a reservation? Did you watch from their deck?

I thought that the area around Narcoosee's is for people eating at the restaurant. Or maybe it is just the Veranda?

Anyway, I'm not sure, so we tend to stay in the 'safely allowed for anyone' areas.
I didn't watch from the veranda. I was standing in the grass across the sidewalk from the restaurant, near the one of the buildings. Some people will stand on the veranda but it blocks the view from the people inside the restaurant, and I would never do that.

Sorry to be a pest... Did you eat at Narcooses or just watch to the left like you said?
We've eaten dinner twice at Narcoossee but never during Wishes. Once we saw the Star Wars fireworks from our table and the other time we could see the castle changing colors during the castle lighting ceremony. But we usually eat too early to see the MK fireworks.

I Would choose Narcossees over CG, as much for the meal as for the fireworks viewing. That being said, if people here are saying you don't need to eat here to watch there, I wouldn't bother. In the past, we stayed at the Poly, and had an amazing time watching the Electric Water Pageant followed by the fireworks, while sitting on the beach at the Poly! It was not crowded at all, and I'm sure you could just walk there without any problem. Just take the monorail to the Poly and walk to the beach. No sense adding an expensive dinner just to experience the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter