First Aulani Trip in Photos.

mitchwebb

DIS Veteran
FullSizeRender.jpg-16.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-24.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-17.jpeg
Thought I would try and do a quick photo trip report. I planned this about five months out when I saw a hotel room pop up for six nights. Decided with it only being 102 points it was to hard to pass-up. Told DH it was a great present for DD #2's graduation.

Monday 6/5 First Day we flew from San Jose to Oahu and arrived at 11:30am. We walked and walked to baggage, had no idea the airport was that big. Retrieved our bags and took a shuttle to National. Grabbed a car from National and was on our way to Aulani. We made a quick stop at ABC across the street and picked up a few items and $$$ later we were at Aulani.

Last edited:
Congrats! Keep those photos coming!

FullSizeRender.jpg-5.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-51.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-8.jpeg
After checking in and moving our car to the garage we headed to Off the Hook to wait for our room to be ready.. I had a very tasty grilled chicken sandwich with avocado. DH had pork tacos, DD#2 chicken strips and DD#3 calamari. We walked to the front of Off the Hook by Ama Ama and took a few pic while girls went and put their feet in the Ocean.

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-25.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-26.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-28.jpeg
We received our notice around 4pm that our room was ready so we all went up to rest. Girls ended up falling asleep at 6pm and we could not get them up for the rest of the night. It had been a busy week with finals and graduation so we let them sleep. DH and I walked around the resort and ended up at Olelo:rolleyes1

Tuesday 6/6 I planned as a resort day. Made our reservation for a cabana as soon as I made the Hotel reservation and was happy to find we received the location
we wanted. Walked by the location by the kids play area and was willing to cancel our reservation if we were given that location. They call the night before and tell
you where your location is and ask if you still are interested. Only three Cabanas at our location and some people were not happy even though they were told the night before of their location. I made ours at five months out and I guess they go by the date you reserve.51846683235__5AA29618-551E-4BBE-904B-7498F2B118B5.JPG51846730740__B18BA959-A60A-4E5E-AC95-12F0B20B01B5.JPG51846675301__B4306544-3142-4272-B47F-69B6EA7C6DDE.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg-44.jpeg

My Girl's favorite was the fruit plate and my DH's was the lock box above the frig. We were able to bring all our electronics and camera gear down for the day.
It was a great day. Between a big breakfast from Ula, the fruit plate, the bowl of chips and dried fruit and desert plate we did not even order lunch. Our neighbors on each side of us were nice but the TV's could be a little annoying at times. They also supplied a wireless speaker which the girls had fun with late in the day when our neighbors were not around.

Second day ended with DH and I going over to Roy's for a great dinner. We shared Sushi, salad and steak. We dropped the girls off at Just Tacos and it was not the best but they did enjoy the ice cream shop.FullSizeRender.jpg-36.jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-35.jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-34.jpeg

DH walked over to the side of the Golf course to get a nice sunset shoot after our dinner.

I am just loving this report, your pics are great.

Thanks for the lock box pic from the cabana, I had no idea that was offered.

IMG_6881.JPG
thank you, a lot of the photos were taken by my DH.
Our next day Wednesday 6/7 was a private north shore tour. I didn't take many photos that day and need to get my DH photos.

Last edited:
love the report!! where is your cabana location? We're going for the first time in 2 weeks and wanted to request a location but not familiar w/what to request. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure this is the area of our Cabana - Ka Maka Grotto. There are only three so it really depends when you booked and made request.
The other location I liked was the Executive Casabella Loungers in front of Ama Ama.

Wednesday 6/7 I had booked a tour of The North Shore. I almost canceled a couple of times but we really enjoyed our private tours over our New Years vacation and decide to keep the reservation. Glad I did! Started off at 8am with a pickup from Cannon and his trainee Des. They were great, Cannon had grown up on Kauai and had moved to Oahu nine years ago. Des was born on raised on Oahu and she is a surfer and the girls really enjoyed talking to her about shopping on the island.

FullSizeRender.jpg-9.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-22.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-21.jpeg
Started our day down the road from Aulan at Leonard's hot gooey goodness.

Third stop and one of the longest was a snorkeling reef. The girls loved it. Ali held a Sea urchin and sea cucumber.
FullSizeRender.jpg-13.jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-15.jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-42.jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-10.jpeg

Other Big stop was for great shave ice and shopping.

FullSizeRender.jpg-43.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-29.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-30.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-41.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-31.jpeg

We had other stops but these were the highlights.

Last edited:
We were pretty exhausted after the day trip up north and had reservations at Ama Ama that night. Dinner was good but $$$.FullSizeRender.jpg-49.jpeg FullSizeRender.jpg-48.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter