First in the park today

great photo of the castle highlighted by sun and dark clouds....was it rope drop or gate entry? Matt had some photos two years of a gate entry and those are the last photos of I have seen such entry ,, I still dream of a gate entry and wish I had never known of such an event.

great photo of the castle highlighted by sun and dark clouds....was it rope drop or gate entry? Matt had some photos two years of a gate entry and those are the last photos of I have seen such entry ,, I still dream of a gate entry and wish I had never known of such an event.
My November, 2016 trip, second day, first morning had a gate drop at DL. I think I've only had maybe 3-4 over the years. Had one on my third day, second morning on this last trip too.

My November, 2016 trip, second day, first morning had a gate drop at DL. I think I've only had maybe 3-4 over the years. Had one on my third day, second morning on this last trip too.

well then....I have to go read your trip report from this year,....so it was only a year ago, anyhow I accused you of photo shopping all those fantasyland photos....but hey, that lady cutting in line in front of you at security, I can't forget that, and the testimony to your good character. j So the sunday or Monday after Dapper. Gottat be there next year for the dreamy moment. The Yuma Kid.

This was a rope drop. I was first into the park at the gate but then had to wait at the rope. Still -- always nice to be first :-).

well then....I have to go read your trip report from this year,....so it was only a year ago, anyhow I accused you of photo shopping all those fantasyland photos....but hey, that lady cutting in line in front of you at security, I can't forget that, and the testimony to your good character. j So the sunday or Monday after Dapper. Gottat be there next year for the dreamy moment. The Yuma Kid.
EVIL CUTTER LADY!!!

DSC_5825%20(Large).jpg

May locusts descend on her house.

You were probably one of the people we saw at the DL gates as we arrived for EE at DCA. We headed to DL around 8:30 and it didn't take long for crowds to really grow. I actually wasn't sorry to be heading out for the airport around 1.

I actually saw you Rob! We were behind you a bit at rope drop! You do exist! We were A few people behind you and I would have come up and said "hi" but I didn't want to cause a line cutting commotion. Wouldn't have done that, just said hi :)

Not too bad this morning line-wise. We were happy with waits and crowd levels, but we left at 12:30.

Always love your pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome! How early did you have to get there before rope drop to be the first one?

To be first on PP? I arrived around 7:05. However, you can arrive later and then simply walk quickly up MS to the rope. Make sure you're at the front and then walk as fast as you can without running to PP. There's almost always one person that runs. Don't let them pass you and you'll still be first.

To be first on PP? I arrived around 7:05. However, you can arrive later and then simply walk quickly up MS to the rope. Make sure you're at the front and then walk as fast as you can without running to PP. There's almost always one person that runs. Don't let them pass you and you'll still be first.
This where GoGo Gadget Arms would come in handy!

I can only dream of getting there early enough for that experience. Sadly my wife and children ar hopeless at getting up and out, especially if it means waiting in line for a bit. I have solo trip aspirations but somehow don’t think that will go down too well...

I think I saw you yesterday, too...at rope drop. We were a few people behind you & I did a "hey, that face looks familiar!" double take after I took a snapshot at rope drop. Glad you made it on first to PP (we were aiming at Alice).

Attachments

• IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 34
Amazed you did not have any runners in front of you. I did rope drop on Friday and Saturday and there were multiple runners for PP.

It's the worst when you fast track to a ride and then get there and the CMs say it's not up and running yet. So you quickly change rides, but by then there's already a decent line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter