First Timer's Trip Report Finished

Both of my park days were about the same. I came back to the hotel for an afternoon rest both days and went back to enjoy the park at night.

My final day, I had a leisurely breakfast, packed and took a taxi to the airport.

My final thoughts about the trip.

I love Hong Kong Disneyland and now consider it my home park princess: - at least until Shanghai opens. But I think the beauty of the park will always have a special place in my heart. The combination of ocean, mountains, blue skies and Disneyland is just gorgeous. I am thankful that I will be able to return for many more trips. I hope airfare to Hong Kong stays low!

Now I will just have to plan my next trip! :scratching I do look forward to experiencing the park during cooler months. It was very hot! :beach:

Things I loved:

Disneyland Hotel
Cast Members
food at the hotel - Walt's Cafe, room service
caramel popcorn at the park
Corner cafe on Main Street
the park at night
the promenade from the hotel to the park
air conditioned shuttle buses
the "Disney Train"
Hong Kong airport, Airport Express and MTR
merchandise
Disney characters in "It's A Small World"
"Golden Mickeys" and "Lion King" shows
Tarzan's Treehouse
Grizzly Gulch at night
Mystic Manor shopping
the park in general at night
Fireworks
Taxi from the hotel to the airport on the way back
Duty Free shopping at Beijing airport

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Well, thanks for reading!

Hmm - now I am thinking early December at the Hollywood Hotel???

Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

I'm a big HKDL fan too, and almost consider it my 'home park'. I think its lack of size is more than made up for by its charm and great cast members :thumbsup2

I've been twice now over a total of about 6 days, and still haven't experienced everything at the park!

Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

I'm a big HKDL fan too, and almost consider it my 'home park'. I think its lack of size is more than made up for by its charm and great cast members :thumbsup2

I've been twice now over a total of about 6 days, and still haven't experienced everything at the park!

I agree with you about the charm and great cast members of HKDL! :) I am happy to have a "home" park on this side of the world! Planning my next one for December - LOL! I know it is known as a small park but I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface really.

Enjoy your trips!pixiedust:

Well, my next trip is booked! :) December 1st-5th - staying at the Hollywood Hotel! I am looking forward to Christmas decorations and cooler temperatures. I also hope the new night time parade is still on then - I do want to see it! pixiedust:

I hope you do a trip report for your December trip, I would love to see pictures of the park decorations.
My daughter and I enjoyed the Hollywood Hotel, we had a great dinner at Chef Mickeys.

I hope you do a trip report for your December trip, I would love to see pictures of the park decorations.
My daughter and I enjoyed the Hollywood Hotel, we had a great dinner at Chef Mickeys.

Thank you :) yes I hope to do a report! I am so looking forward to the Hollywood Hotel. I think I will really enjoy the vibe!

Looking forward to your next report. Was "Disney Paint the Night" started yet when you were there? I was just looking at HKDL website and noticed a new show and came here looking for a review.

Looking forward to your next report. Was "Disney Paint the Night" started yet when you were there? I was just looking at HKDL website and noticed a new show and came here looking for a review.

I know! I just noticed the "paint your night" parade as well on the website. In fact I almost booked a trip this week as we are on holiday here in China - but I didn't - :( - but I do hope the parade will still be on when I go in December. It looks to me like it will stay awhile - but I don't really know. Hope someone will post some pics from the new parade!

pixiedust:

Pretty sure the new parade is a long term thing.

They're also going to introduce a version of it at DLR for the 60th anniversary next year (learnt from our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour guide) :thumbsup2

there are some pictures on their FB

https://www.facebook.com/disneyland.hk?sk=photos_stream

the parade is lovely and I hope it will stay for longer as I would love to see it next year pixiedust:

Pretty sure the new parade is a long term thing.

They're also going to introduce a version of it at DLR for the 60th anniversary next year (learnt from our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour guide) :thumbsup2

The parade looks great! Thanks for posting - I so look forward to seeing it - looks like a big investment - something that would stick around - yay:) - sure hope it does! Happy trip planning everyone - :surfweb:

As a fellow expat living in Beijing, I would love to meet up! I live in the Wudaokou area.

have a great time pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: let us know what do you think about both hotels after staying in both :goodvibes

have a great time pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: let us know what do you think about both hotels after staying in both :goodvibes

Hello - typing this while sitting on my comfy bed at the Hollywood Hotel at Hong Kong Disneyland. I thought after staying at the Disneyland Hotel that I would never want to stay at another hotel here - well I was wrong. I LOVE the Hollywood Hotel - :love: - yes - so now it will be a hard decision whenever I come.

The Hollywood Hotel has a happy, jazzy vibe and feels very solid, luxurious even and that surprised me. The amenities are fairly good too. Where I noticed a difference was that the Hollywood Hotel lacks room service, is a longer walk if you are going to walk the promenade and has simpler bathroom amenities - the H2O aquatics line - 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner and shower gel. You still get toothbrush, toothpaste, and slippers just in a different package. The DLH has an indoor pool as well as outdoor. The Hollywood has an outdoor pool and separate hot tub. Too cold right now to try it but it looked lovely.

On the up side - I thought the breakfast at the Hollywood Hotel was fantastic. I paid less than I did for breakfast at Walt's Cafe and it was far superior in my opinion. That in itself might swing my vote for this hotel.

This is a great hotel - a very pleasant surprise. I will definitely be back. Oh and I have a standard view room and can see the fireworks from my window - score - plus the background music is on the telly. Now that is great for a cold and rainy night like tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter