Flight Cancelled! AM Park Tickets....now what?

purple hippo

Mouseketeer
We Just found out our flight to Orlando tomorrow night is cancelled! I used air miles for both Disney and Universal tickets for this trip. We are toying with driving down anyways but weather is now a concern. Wondering what happens to our park tickets we bought with airmiles if we don't go now? I believe someone told me we can use them at a later date but may have to pay the difference if the price that day is higher.

If we don't go what do i need to do to preserve my tickets? I already have put the tickets in the MDE app and have park ressies for Disney.

Looking for some guidance. Thanks!

We Just found out our flight to Orlando tomorrow night is cancelled! I used air miles for both Disney and Universal tickets for this trip. We are toying with driving down anyways but weather is now a concern. Wondering what happens to our park tickets we bought with airmiles if we don't go now? I believe someone told me we can use them at a later date but may have to pay the difference if the price that day is higher.

If we don't go what do i need to do to preserve my tickets? I already have put the tickets in the MDE app and have park ressies for Disney.

Looking for some guidance. Thanks!
You can use the value of them towards your next tickets. That's what we did for this trip... that also just got cancelled! We were cancelled Sat, rebooked to today and cancelled again. So we aborted mission. Will reschedule later this winter or spring. Super bummed, as I'm sure you are too!

You can use the value of them towards your next tickets. That's what we did for this trip... that also just got cancelled! We were cancelled Sat, rebooked to today and cancelled again. So we aborted mission. Will reschedule later this winter or spring. Super bummed, as I'm sure you are too!
I'm so sorry to hear your trip got cancelled! Not once but twice!!! We talked about rebooking but not sure when the four of us will be able to go together again due to school, work etc. So we've hopped in the truck and heading for the I75 since Buffalo is a mess. Our tickets aren't until Jan 1 so we should be OK...lots of time to get there. Ironically we always drive to Florida but this year thought we would treat ourselves and fly down! :rotfl2:

Talk with Disney, they understand that the weather has been horrible you’re not the only one with a cancelled flight . They can help

Give both places a call. When my son needed to cancel his trip because their son got sick, the park just put their tickets on hold for them.

Easiest is to modify them in MDE BEFORE they expire. Once they expire, you have to call Disney and have them to apply the value to new tickets because they will disappear from your MDE.

We just did the drive from Montreal. Left Dec 26th and chose to drive south I-87/I-95 instead of our favourite I-81 route because we were worried about road conditions. I was surprised at how little snow upstate NY had on the ground and nothing south of Albany, NY.

We just got home after our second cancellation - we drove to the US for the second try and watched the plane get loaded with bags, gassed up, delayed for hours with crazy vague reasons and then cancelled and unloaded (presumably to send it somewhere else). This thread was helpful and a super bummer at the same time...

I feel for you. This is exactly why we no longer plan a park day on arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter