Fluff thread: What weird thing do you find disgusting? (Not normal icky things; I mean oddities.)

NotUrsula

DIS Veteran
I was thinking about this this morning, as I used a pair of tongs to carefully remove a piece of wet aluminum foil from the sink (thanks, honey.) Wet aluminum foil is just. so. nasty.

So, what's your weird thing that you find disgusting? You know, the thing that no one else is ever bothered about, but that just ruins your day?

It doesn’t ruin my day, but wet paper towels even if it’s clean water.

Overly magnified pictures as seen in science textbooks. Probably some form of trypophobia. My children's school has these "wanted" style posters for certain diseases in the hallway and it bothers me every time I pass by that magnified ringworm.

Touching cotton balls used to make me feel weird, but it doesn't seem to bother me as much now. (It was just touching them with my fingers, once I put nail polish remover, make up remover, etc., I was fine.)

cigarette ashes scatted across the push button of slot machines....I go hunting down a floor attendant to clean them off...it has gotten to the point that while in the bathroom room putting soap on my hands i will grab a wet and dry towel to clean the mess and surrounding area. I grew up with smokers and don't mind ashtrays,,,but for some reason the ash clutter bothers me. The other wired concept is warm seats. I hate sitting in chairs that have been warmed by the previous body. If I jump on a machine that someone has just used, I will change seats out....don't ask me why...it just feels icky.....and all of this coming from spending my life knee high in cow mud on the farm

Pocket lint grosses me out. Used to deal with this problem when I was a cashier. People would give me coins and the occasional pocket lint. :crazy2:

Also can't stand using pencils. Something about the sound of a pencil against paper that drives me nuts.:scared:

The sound of people clipping their nails bothers me.

I don’t like seeing feet 🦶 in sandals, flip flops, etc. Bare feet don’t bother me at all or peep toe heels on women. But sandals and flip flops gross me out. Even in gladiator epics.

Leftover bubbles in a sink!!

I can not use a sink that has leftover bubbles in it, even though I’m not touching them. I have to completely wash out a sink before I can use it.

Same goes for bubbles left in the sink after you wash dishes. The worst is when they’re all dried up and just crud. EWWWW

Any alcohol base drink with milk, cream or chocolate - turns my stomach just thinking about having to drink them (no reason, and I'm sure they are delish but just not for me and no I'm sure even if I tried whichever one you loved I still wouldn't like it but thanks!):crazy2::drinking:
Anyone picking their fingernails. It's just the sound that grates on my nerves.

Makes me think, I wonder what things I eat/drink or do that another person might find icky?!?

Leftover bubbles in a sink!!

I can not use a sink that has leftover bubbles in it, even though I’m not touching them. I have to completely wash out a sink before I can use it.

Same goes for bubbles left in the sink after you wash dishes. The worst is when they’re all dried up and just crud. EWWWW

Gosh I thought I was the only one. I don't care if there is only ONE bubble left after doing dishes I'm spraying it down the drain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter