Foodie Guide to Holiday Treats at Disneyland Resort 2022

I'll add a few holiday food reviews from when we were there Friday and Sunday:

Ham Slider: Will echo DLgal about this one. The ham was not deli meat, but more what you'd get sliced from a baked ham. The cranberry was yummy and I was also a fan of the roll. I usually split food purchases from the booths as we treat them as tasting items, but I was solo at that moment and the entire slider was quite hearty and filling,

Pork Belly Adobo from Holiday Duets: This one was also a thumbs up. I'm not a big pork eater, but the pork belly was crispy on the edges and tender inside. Together with the garlic fried rice it was a flavorful and again, nicely filling dish.

Loaded Latkes from Smokejumpers: Also a fan of this item. I've read mixed reviews in the past, but our experience was quite yummy. While I would've liked a dash more of the horseradish cream, the combination of the (not at all dry) latkes, smoked brisket and horseradish made for a perfect breakfast item.

Turkey Poutine from Merry Mashups: NO NO NO. I wish I'd looked at the photo better, because I might've been warned off. I would call this one inedible but the frosted cranberries are actually a nice topping. But the turkey looks like little hard, brown, chewy cubes and the quality I'm sorry to say is just disgusting. I was worried when I received the food, but tried to be optimistic, thinking perhaps they used only dark meat and it would taste better than it looked. Also the sweet potato bites were just mushy and even if the turkey had been better quality, the entire dish was just without flavor. We didn't manage more than a couple bites before throwing it away (we did eat the frosted cranberries.)

Chocolate Bourbon-flavored tart made with TWIX from Winter Sliderland: This was fine, though nothing out of the ordinary. It did taste like a TWIX, with a chocolate/cararmel type filling. Good if you want something to fulfill a chocolate fix.

Hot Chocolate Churro from Terran Treats: I actually had this both days, and while the second one wasn't as warm, this churro was a winner for us. I'm not actually a huge fan of churros (gasp), but really liked this one. It's basically supposed to resemble Mexican hot chocolate, so you need to like a little kick. I loved how the spicy chocolate streusel crumbled on top and mini marshmallows went with the hazelnut chocolate churro. And while it doesn't affect the taste, it's displayed very nicely on a red square plate.

Also bought the Snowman Cinnamon Cheesecake and Santa Hat Macaron from Jolly Holiday, but haven't tried either yet. Will report back once I do!

Thanks for the warning about the Turkey Poutine @laugard . This is the third bad review I've read on that item, so I'm crossing it off my list.

I wanted to also mention, several new menu items have appeared at CS locations separate from what was listed in the foodie guide. Docking Bay 7 has a new braised Beef pasta, Lucky Fortune Cookery has new pork wonton nachos which look AMAZING, Red Rose Taverne has the beef poutine again (this time over seasoned tots), etc. There are new items at many locations, so you should all peruse the menus in the app and take note!

Thanks for the warning about the Turkey Poutine @laugard . This is the third bad review I've read on that item, so I'm crossing it off my list.

I wanted to also mention, several new menu items have appeared at CS locations separate from what was listed in the foodie guide. Docking Bay 7 has a new braised Beef pasta, Lucky Fortune Cookery has new pork wonton nachos which look AMAZING, Red Rose Taverne has the beef poutine again (this time over seasoned tots), etc. There are new items at many locations, so you should all peruse the menus in the app and take note!
Pork wonton nachos? Say WHAT???

I also saw on one of the only Disney-instagrammers I still follow (don’t get me started) that jolly holiday has a drinking chocolate and waffle combo on their “late night menu” (after 8). It’s part of the souvenir Mickey demitasse cup, which I could care less about, but man I love a good drinking/dunking chocolate - and I’m not a sweets person!

I also saw on one of the only Disney-instagrammers I still follow (don’t get me started) that jolly holiday has a drinking chocolate and waffle combo on their “late night menu” (after 8). It’s part of the souvenir Mickey demitasse cup, which I could care less about, but man I love a good drinking/dunking chocolate - and I’m not a sweets person!

Only after 8? What? This was in the foodie guide but I don't recall the "after 8pm" part. Boo. I can't eat chocolate at night anymore. I'm too sensitive to caffeine and I can't sleep when I eat chocolate at night. I wanted to try this. 😔

Only after 8? What? This was in the foodie guide but I don't recall the "after 8pm" part. Boo. I can't eat chocolate at night anymore. I'm too sensitive to caffeine and I can't sleep when I eat chocolate at night. I wanted to try this. 😔
Yeah, its a part of the “late night dining” menu - I just checked on the app. Good news (for me at least) is you can get it without the mickey mug. Maybe you could take it home and warm it up the next day? I know that kinda defeats the purpose of enjoying it in the parks…

Omg. Drinking chocolate and waffles? So I can dunk my waffle in chocolate????

We had some festival food on Sunday:

Grandma's Recipes
  • Impossible Meatloaf with Pashed Potatoes - My husband and I each got one and we loved it. The mashed potatoes were creamy, and the meatloaf was great!
  • Pumpkin Layered Cheesecake - This was also a winner! Super tasty!
Twist on Tradition
  • Curry Mac & Cheese with Crispy Garbanzos - I can see how a lot of people wouldn't like this but we both loved it!
Visions of Sugar Plums
  • Sweet Potato Corn Stuffed Muffin - this came with beans and rice. We both loved this, too! It was cold, unfortunately, but we still ate it.

At Disneyland:
I wanted to try the cherry-lime swirl at Tropical Hideaway but they didn't have it. The same thing happened for me last Christmas season. We do plan on being back next month. Hopefully, I can try it!

I tried these today. They were very tasty and quite spicy! I loved all the flavors together from the picked cabbage to the ground pork to the spicy sauce and light wonton chips. These will have to be a one and done for me as they are pretty greasy and my stomach just doesn’t handle grease too well. (Same with the quesabirria tacos, so yummy but ultimately too greasy for me.)

1BEE0A5C-D4EE-4073-8F2A-7275492DBD0E.jpeg
CCA156C8-53AD-434C-85B2-ADB04AE8B250.jpeg

For the "Late Night Menu" at Jolly Holiday, when does that "window" open up so we can mobile order something? I know it's for after 8 but when does it show up on the app so we can order?
Hope someone knows :)
Thanks

For the "Late Night Menu" at Jolly Holiday, when does that "window" open up so we can mobile order something? I know it's for after 8 but when does it show up on the app so we can order?
Hope someone knows :)
Thanks

You'd have to order it after 8.

I am looking to get the Santa Mickey Demitasse Mug with the dipping chocolate and waffle. Do I have to mobile order that at 7am for pickup after 8pm?

I'll be posting photos as soon as I can get to my computer at home - currently in exile due to a Covid outbreak at home which mercifully was discovered before I arrived.

Favorites from the food booths by far the Hot Cocoa Macaron: I shared the first one with a friend and she actually forced herself to discard her fork because she did not want to load up on sugar that much. :D It sold out several times throughout the day on Saturday

Southern Mac ‘n Cheese: liked it, but very heavy on the bacon. May be a tad spicy for some.

Chocolate Bourbon-flavored Tart made with TWIX Cookie Bar Pieces: alright, but nothing special.

Piña-Hibiscus Mezcal Mule: I don't really drink alocohol, but at that point the ground was still moving (had come back from DCL a few day prior) and my friends suggested I'd try a cocktail to counteract the movement. I liked the taste, but boy did that one hit. The ground had stopped moving though the next morning, so mission accomplished. :D

Holiday Ham Slider and Beef Brisket Slider: firm favorites. Can't go wrong with either, but if you'd make me chose I am going with the ham one.

Cherry Mango Punch: Yummy, but too much ice.

Holiday Ham Sandwich from Pacific Wharf Cafe: I actually only got this because it was the closest mobile order window, and loved it. Highly recommended.

Chocolate Churro from Terran Treats: definitely spicy, first thing I did was to shoo a friend away who hates spices. Didn't care for it.

Cinnamon something Bacon Pretzel from Pyms: oof that was good. Finally food I can recommend on Campus!

A Cup of Cheer from Galactic Grill: stay away. Tasted totally bitter. Hated it.

Christmas Punch from Galactic Grill: barely any liquid over the ice. Liked the taste, but not worth the money.

Pan Dulce Ice Cream Sandwich at Rancho: liked it, but doesn't hold a candle to the Cookie Butter Ice Cream at the Golden Horseshoe.

Strawberry Basil Aqua Fresca at Rancho: SO GOOD. I was so sorry I didn't make it back for a second round.

I'll be posting photos as soon as I can get to my computer at home - currently in exile due to a Covid outbreak at home which mercifully was discovered before I arrived.

Favorites from the food booths by far the Hot Cocoa Macaron: I shared the first one with a friend and she actually forced herself to discard her fork because she did not want to load up on sugar that much. :D It sold out several times throughout the day on Saturday

Southern Mac ‘n Cheese: liked it, but very heavy on the bacon. May be a tad spicy for some.

Chocolate Bourbon-flavored Tart made with TWIX Cookie Bar Pieces: alright, but nothing special.

Piña-Hibiscus Mezcal Mule: I don't really drink alocohol, but at that point the ground was still moving (had come back from DCL a few day prior) and my friends suggested I'd try a cocktail to counteract the movement. I liked the taste, but boy did that one hit. The ground had stopped moving though the next morning, so mission accomplished. :D

Holiday Ham Slider and Beef Brisket Slider: firm favorites. Can't go wrong with either, but if you'd make me chose I am going with the ham one.

Cherry Mango Punch: Yummy, but too much ice.

Holiday Ham Sandwich from Pacific Wharf Cafe: I actually only got this because it was the closest mobile order window, and loved it. Highly recommended.

Chocolate Churro from Terran Treats: definitely spicy, first thing I did was to shoo a friend away who hates spices. Didn't care for it.

Cinnamon something Bacon Pretzel from Pyms: oof that was good. Finally food I can recommend on Campus!

A Cup of Cheer from Galactic Grill: stay away. Tasted totally bitter. Hated it.

Christmas Punch from Galactic Grill: barely any liquid over the ice. Liked the taste, but not worth the money.

Pan Dulce Ice Cream Sandwich at Rancho: liked it, but doesn't hold a candle to the Cookie Butter Ice Cream at the Golden Horseshoe.

Strawberry Basil Aqua Fresca at Rancho: SO GOOD. I was so sorry I didn't make it back for a second round.
Fun recap. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter