Foodie Guide to Holiday Treats at Disneyland Resort 2022

I'll be posting photos as soon as I can get to my computer at home - currently in exile due to a Covid outbreak at home which mercifully was discovered before I arrived.

Favorites from the food booths by far the Hot Cocoa Macaron: I shared the first one with a friend and she actually forced herself to discard her fork because she did not want to load up on sugar that much. :D It sold out several times throughout the day on Saturday

Southern Mac ‘n Cheese: liked it, but very heavy on the bacon. May be a tad spicy for some.

Chocolate Bourbon-flavored Tart made with TWIX Cookie Bar Pieces: alright, but nothing special.

Piña-Hibiscus Mezcal Mule: I don't really drink alocohol, but at that point the ground was still moving (had come back from DCL a few day prior) and my friends suggested I'd try a cocktail to counteract the movement. I liked the taste, but boy did that one hit. The ground had stopped moving though the next morning, so mission accomplished. :D

Holiday Ham Slider and Beef Brisket Slider: firm favorites. Can't go wrong with either, but if you'd make me chose I am going with the ham one.

Cherry Mango Punch: Yummy, but too much ice.

Holiday Ham Sandwich from Pacific Wharf Cafe: I actually only got this because it was the closest mobile order window, and loved it. Highly recommended.

Chocolate Churro from Terran Treats: definitely spicy, first thing I did was to shoo a friend away who hates spices. Didn't care for it.

Cinnamon something Bacon Pretzel from Pyms: oof that was good. Finally food I can recommend on Campus!

A Cup of Cheer from Galactic Grill: stay away. Tasted totally bitter. Hated it.

Christmas Punch from Galactic Grill: barely any liquid over the ice. Liked the taste, but not worth the money.

Pan Dulce Ice Cream Sandwich at Rancho: liked it, but doesn't hold a candle to the Cookie Butter Ice Cream at the Golden Horseshoe.

Strawberry Basil Aqua Fresca at Rancho: SO GOOD. I was so sorry I didn't make it back for a second round.

Thanks for these reviews!

Also sorry to hear about the Galactic Grill items being sub par. I had both of those on my list.

Was the holiday ham sandwich at Pacific Wharf the same style of ham as the slider (roasted ham, not deli meat)? If so, I definitely want to try it! That ham slider is something I'm still thinking about almost a week later.

Also sorry to hear about the Galactic Grill items being sub par. I had both of those on my list.

Was the holiday ham sandwich at Pacific Wharf the same style of ham as the slider (roasted ham, not deli meat)? If so, I definitely want to try it! That ham slider is something I'm still thinking about almost a week later.

I feel like Galactic Grill is sub par in general. I’m not sure the cheeseburger I ordered from there in September was even beef. 🤪

I looked up the holiday ham sandwich after reading the post, and it’s deli meat.

I HAVE to get my kid over the flu and keep my family healthy so we can make our 11/30 trip. I need to try this ham slider and everything else y’all have recommended!

I feel like Galactic Grill is sub par in general. I’m not sure the cheeseburger I ordered from there in September was even beef. 🤪

I looked up the holiday ham sandwich after reading the post, and it’s deli meat.

I HAVE to get my kid over the flu and keep my family healthy so we can make our 11/30 trip. I need to try this ham slider and everything else y’all have recommended!
Recently I've found the key to park burgers seems to be in the (usually specialty) burger description. I'm not a fan of the hmmm, clearly one of those frozen, industrially distributed flat patties experience. But I had a really good seasonal/specialty burger at Galactic Grill that tasted and looked like something you'd actually make and cook at home or order in a restaurant. Same thing happened at Hungry Bear, and we realized those menu items specifically said "Angus Beef" in the descriptions, not just Hamburger with certain toppings, etc. The difference in the quality of the beef was highly noticeable.

Some favorites so far:
-Christmas tree soft serve at Cozy Comes. Huge. Shared with four of us.
-Chicken pesto come at ditto.
-impossible meatloaf and empanadas at Festival of Holidays.
-charcuterie pizza from Pizza Planet. Delicious!
That peppermint cone sounds good! Can you get it without sprinkles? Also the chicken pesto sounds good, we'll be there the end of this month!

I don't know. Galactic Grill desserts and special drinks are usually pretty solid. I don't eat "food" there, but I absolutely love Darth by Chocolate and the other Mustafar themed dessert they had recently with the salted caramel and lava cake. So, I was hoping the cup of cheer and holiday punch would be winners. The slushes there are always amazing!

Has anyone tried the maple beignets? 🥺🤤

Just open up a bottle of maple syrup and take a strong whiff. There, you tried them.

I jest, but seriously, don't bother with DL beignets. The FRITTERS at Royal Street Verandah are the unsung heroes of New Orleans Square.

And Ralph Brennan's Express has the REAL good beignets. They have a maple pecan pie variety right now.

Just open up a bottle of maple syrup and take a strong whiff. There, you tried them.

I jest, but seriously, don't bother with DL beignets. The FRITTERS at Royal Street Verandah are the unsung heroes of New Orleans Square.

And Ralph Brennan's Express has the REAL good beignets. They have a maple pecan pie variety right now.
Those ones are so much more expensive tho hahaha. I love DL beignets.

Tried a few things last night, as well as dined at the Magic Key Terrace (if you like the birria tacos get the flatbread here - so good! The charcuterie was also very generous for the price.)

Aforementioned Holiday Ham Slider - should have gotten my own and not shared, the salt and pepper bun really did something awesome for this.

Pumpkin Layered Cheesecake - (friend’s choice) - I am not a cheesecake or really a dessert person, but this was really nice. Great spice in the pumpkin layer. Very rich and totally shareable.

Impossible Chorizo Queso Fundito - very tasty and shareable. Small detail but I liked that the chips were freshly salted.

Turkey Poutine - (again, not my choice) - gross gross gross. Not poutine (lived in Canada for 14 years, I know) and the cheese was this weird squishy stuff. We tossed this one, unfortunately.

Spicy Apple Cider Margarita - not too sweet at all, great spice. Would order again.

Can’t wait to try some of the other recommendations here!!

Yes, same style as ham as the slider.

Was insanely funny because this was in no way, shape or form Black Forest Ham per the German definition of the name. 😂

Turned out I was smart and actually took some food pics on phone... will post in a bit.

Was insanely funny because this was in no way, shape or form Black Forest Ham per the German definition of the name. 😂

Turned out I was smart and actually took some food pics on phone... will post in a bit.

Awesome news! I'll keep it in mind for the rest of the holiday period.

Sorry this a bit chaotic, not used to posting from phone.

strawberry Aqua Fresca, Zocalo:

20221111_111932.jpg

Chocolate Churro, Terran Treats:

20221112_094403.jpg

Mezcal Mule:

20221109_153914.jpg

Holiday Sandwich, Pacific Wharf Cafe,:

20221112_142805.jpg

Dulce De Leche Ice Cream, Zocalo:

20221111_111930.jpg

Mango Peach Punch Drink Festival Booth:

20221110_152801.jpg

Southern Mac & Cheese, Festival Booth:

20221109_152728.jpg

Bourbon Twix Dessert, Festival Booth:

20221109_153911.jpg

Holiday drink in SWGE, Destran Ice Cap (I knew I had forgotten a drink somewhere):

20221111_163720.jpg

It's more of a dessert than a drink IMHO anyway...

Bacon Pretzel, Avengers Campus:

20221111_125115.jpg

PLaza Inn Parade Dining Package:

20221111_144917.jpg

20221111_145822.jpg

20221111_145831.jpgTasty, combined with reserved spot worth the money.

Brisket Slider:

20221110_152741.jpg

Ham Slider:

20221110_152729.jpg

Macaron:

20221110_151116.jpg

There may be more pics hiding on the Pokemon Go phone. Will check and update.

Ok, so it’s not deli meat? The menu I saw made it sound like it was, so YAY. Adding this one to my list as well!!!!

Ok, so it’s not deli meat? The menu I saw made it sound like it was, so YAY. Adding this one to my list as well!!!!

I've posted a picture above. Best I can do, sorry. I am unfortunately not that familiar with deli meat and don't want to give a wrong answer.

I've posted a picture above. Best I can do, sorry. I am unfortunately not that familiar with deli meat and don't want to give a wrong answer.

It looks good! Thank You so much for the pictures and information!

Last edited:
I find it amusing that they provide waffles for dunking in the drinking chocolate when that is basically the original purpose of churros.

LOL. NEVERMIND ! I re read what you wrote and I agree. 😂😂😂 I misread the first time and was so confused! 😆

Last edited:

That is deli meat. 😔

You can see how smooth the texture is and how it's a uniform slice. The ham slider uses hand carved ham from a fresh roasted ham. It's kind of shredded and drier in texture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter