For all my "Pending" peeps!

Oh wow, a senior, then I really hope she doesn't get reject. If I got accepted I would give her my spot, because I have 3 other years to do this, which is plenty of time. Hoping for the best. Six weeks is way too long to wait!! :sad2:

Well, thank you! Thats very sweet of you! But there's no way she could ever take your spot if you get accepted! First off, they wouldnt allow it and second, she wouldnt ever want to take the opportunity away from you! She really was feeling forgotten about-- getting a pending letter a week after her interview then waiting six weeks-- but ya know, she's preparing for the worst-- and if in fact she gets rejected, she will be sad, but, what else can you do but go on and search other avenues?! The old saying "there's a reason for everything" is true. If its a no for Disney, of course it'll be depressing, after waiting so patiently and anxiously--but, something good will be in store for her future. Best of luck to you, tho! I will let you know the outcome as they said she will know by Friday.

I must have jinxed it or something. I just got a rejection letter. :(

Oh well...I tried to avoid getting my hopes up in case this happened. I'll try for Spring 2010.

Congratulations to everyone who got in. And to my fellow rejectees, never lose hope! I'm thankful that I still have plenty of time left in college to have several more chances.

I'm really sorry. :guilty: :hug:

Thank You!!

and Good Luck to your daughter!! :tinker: Sending a little pixie dust her way!!

Kelly, thank you! I'll bet you're on cloud nine right now! I'm happy for you and I hope you have the very best time and enjoy every minute of your new role! Thanks for the pixie dust!

Kelly, thank you! I'll bet you're on cloud nine right now! I'm happy for you and I hope you have the very best time and enjoy every minute of your new role! Thanks for the pixie dust!

Oh yes I am! :cloud9:
And thank you! I got accepted for Attractions and I am dying to see where I get placed!! I will definitely try to enjoy it, but I don't think it will be too hard!

I hope the pixie dust helps. :)

I am wondering about when I get my purple folder in the mail... Is it like the commercial when they open up the invitations and Mickey Balloons, confetti and fireworks come out??? j/k :laughing:

My daughter is a senior--she's been keeping up with whats on these boards, and is new to the boards just as I am--she's been reading all the comments but has not posted a comment so far. She graduates very soon and will no longer be able to apply. I originally started posting on the parents thread and then started reading all the other threads. Thank you for saying that you hope she doesnt get rejected. She is currently swamped with work at school and preparing for graduation. I hope you dont have to wait a long time and I hope you get accepted. Good Luck!

yeah im a senior too...but since i recently transfered schools i found out last week im a class short of graduating(figures they wait a week to tell you right) so if i dont get accepted i have one more chance but i would rather just get them out of the way and go down in the fall....anyway i hope me and your daughter dont have to worry about getting the rejection letter

And thank you! I got accepted for Attractions and I am dying to see where I get placed!! I will definitely try to enjoy it, but I don't think it will be too hard!

I am wondering about when I get my purple folder in the mail... Is it like the commercial when they open up the invitations and Mickey Balloons, confetti and fireworks come out??? j/k :laughing:

I seriously lol'ed when I read that :lmao:. If that could actually happen, it would make getting the purple folder that much sweeter!

Well, Kelly, maybe there wont be Mickey Balloons, confetti and fireworks coming out of that purple folder--but-- you will definately have a Magical Day when it arrives!!!!!!! keep posting!

yeah im a senior too...but since i recently transfered schools i found out last week im a class short of graduating(figures they wait a week to tell you right) so if i dont get accepted i have one more chance but i would rather just get them out of the way and go down in the fall....anyway i hope me and your daughter dont have to worry about getting the rejection letter

Well, I sure hope you get accepted too! Too bad you just found out about being one class short of graduating but it does make you eligible to re-apply with Disney. So, good luck to you and keep posting so we know what your outcome is just as my daughter will soon know-- and I'll keep posting, too! Good luck!!!!!

Well, Kelly, maybe there wont be Mickey Balloons, confetti and fireworks coming out of that purple folder--but-- you will definately have a Magical Day when it arrives!!!!!!! keep posting!

darn. :)

I think my mail lady for one will be pleased to not be stalked anymore... as much. I mean I know and all now, but i still want my folder!! :)

I think my mail lady for one will be pleased to not be stalked anymore... as much. I mean I know and all now, but i still want my folder!! :)

Its funny bcuz we werent sure where the Disney acceptance/rejection (pending in this case-ugh!) letter would go at first--so, my daughter had me checking the mail here at home every day-- but then we found out that most likely it'd go to her school. But there were a few days that as soon as I heard the mail truck I'd be outside waiting for it to be at our mailbox-- the mailman must've wondered why I was doing that! So, we were a little crazed too as Im sure lots of others were! Now, tho, its been so long that we're not checking with as much excitement for fear of the bad news. I hate to sound so negative, but, its hard having to wait 6 weeks and a few days. But, one good thing, my daughter is now setting her self up for the negative so if she's rejected it wont be so hurtful. I know she'll still be sad, but after waiting this long she's kinda preparing for the worst and is now kinda feeling like there are other options out there-- its just that, who wouldnt want to do the college program, right?! That's why Im happy for all of you who've already been accepted-- the excitement for all of you--the fun you'll have in the next 6 months!!!! Please send us a truck load of Pixie dust!!!!!

:cool1::rotfl2::banana::yay::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay::yay::woohoo:

MY DAUGHTER GOT ACCEPTED! YEAH!!!!! YIPEEE!!!!!

KELLY! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? THE PIXIE DUST WORKED!
THANK YOU!
She just called and said she checked her emails and there it was! She'll be doing hospitality!!!!! We didnt have much time to talk cuz she had to get to her 1st class-- she'll call me tonite and we'll talk all about it cuz she has a full schedule today! WE'RE SOOOOO HAPPY!!! I'LL LET YOU KNOW MORE LATER! :rotfl::lmao::banana::banana::banana::laughing::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

KELLY-- too bad you two werent going at the same time cuz it would have been nice for the two of you to get to know each other! My daughter (Tashiana) will be doing the fall advantage hospitality! OOOHHH! WE'RE SOOO EXCITED!!!! I cant wait to hear more tonite! :yay::yay:

:cool1::rotfl2::banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay::yay::woohoo:

THANK YOU!
She just called and said she checked her emails and there it was! She'll be doing hospitality!!!!! We didnt have much time to talk cuz she had to get to her 1st class-- she'll call me tonite and we'll talk all about it cuz she has a full schedule today! WE'RE SOOOOO HAPPY!!! I'LL LET YOU KNOW MORE LATER! :rotfl::banana::banana::laughing::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

YAYYY!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! Congratulations to your daughter getting accepted!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: That makes me very happy because it was her last chance!!!!:banana:

Its funny bcuz we werent sure where the Disney acceptance/rejection (pending in this case-ugh!) letter would go at first--so, my daughter had me checking the mail here at home every day-- but then we found out that most likely it'd go to her school. But there were a few days that as soon as I heard the mail truck I'd be outside waiting for it to be at our mailbox-- the mailman must've wondered why I was doing that! So, we were a little crazed too as Im sure lots of others were! Now, tho, its been so long that we're not checking with as much excitement for fear of the bad news. I hate to sound so negative, but, its hard having to wait 6 weeks and a few days. But, one good thing, my daughter is now setting her self up for the negative so if she's rejected it wont be so hurtful. I know she'll still be sad, but after waiting this long she's kinda preparing for the worst and is now kinda feeling like there are other options out there-- its just that, who wouldnt want to do the college program, right?! That's why Im happy for all of you who've already been accepted-- the excitement for all of you--the fun you'll have in the next 6 months!!!! Please send us a truck load of Pixie dust!!!!!

Yeah, starting at about 9am, I'd start half hourly to check and see if she was on my street yet. I think she has some kind of personal vendetta against me, my house tends to be the last house she delivers to.. And not to mention all the times a white packet would happen to be in her hand, I'd be watching her like a hawk to make sure it came to my house!! I'm sure she will appreciate the lack of stalking!

And I was starting to get a little negative too. Especially when you hear kids finding out after a week, or 2 weeks. It's like "WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!" I was actually having a blah day yesterday, I had a nightmare I got rejected from Disney the night before (the insanity was getting that bad:laughing:), then had trouble getting back asleep, and then esp. with the conversation I had with the woman at Disney. Ironic that the one day I wake with a major chip on my shoulder would be the day I hear something...

I would like to point out the reaction I had resembled something like --->:scared1: and :eek: I am still so surprised by it all. I am kind of glad this was the way I found out. I brought a print out of the email to work and was showing it off to everyone. They are going to be more sick of me by the time I leave!!

:cool1::rotfl2::banana::yay::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay::yay::woohoo:

THANK YOU!
She just called and said she checked her emails and there it was! She'll be doing hospitality!!!!! We didnt have much time to talk cuz she had to get to her 1st class-- she'll call me tonite and we'll talk all about it cuz she has a full schedule today! WE'RE SOOOOO HAPPY!!! I'LL LET YOU KNOW MORE LATER!

YAAAAAAAYYY!!! :mickeyjum :dance3::cheer2::cool1::banana: That's awesome! Tell her congratulations!

That pixie dust is powerful stuff!:wizard::tinker:

KELLY-- too bad you two werent going at the same time cuz it would have been nice for the two of you to get to know each other! My daughter (Tashiana) will be doing the fall advantage hospitality! OOOHHH! WE'RE SOOO EXCITED!!!! I cant wait to hear more tonite! :yay::yay:
Hey, you never know, I may run into her at some point in the apts. or parks! Whenever I find out where I am placed I'll tell you, then maybe we could meet up...

YAYYY!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! Congratulations to your daughter getting accepted!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: That makes me very happy because it was her last chance!!!!:banana:

Your so nice! Thank You soooo much! Im on cloud nine right now and so is she-- she had to get to her 1st class-- she probably cant even concentrate!! I will write more later as I have to run out now-- but I just had to shout it out----YIPEEEE!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter