Frivolity, Jocularity, Shenanigans,

I remember when they first became popular, and were large as arks.

My Mom, usually a great cook, decided to cook EVERYTHING in the microwave. It was grim.

The all time low was the Thanksgiving turkey, pale rubber ick.:scared1:

She eventually was nagged into stopping by everyone else.

I use it for heating veggies but that is about it. I've been scared off.:rotfl:

Kathleen

Our lack of a microwave is considered neglect by our children. The last one we had burned out and we don't feel like replacing it. Are we the worst parents in the world or what?

The only thing I use my microwave for is warming up my water for tea :) Oh, and warming up my leftovers!

I recently saw a Jiffy Pop at Krogers and my kids how great the popcorn would be. So, we bought it and took it right home to make it. We took turns shaking it and we were having a great time. Well, I guess I didn't remember how quickly it could burn. We burned it to a crisp. Then my youngest DD says, "mom, this might be how you liked it when you were a kid, but I prefer microwave popcorn". Way to make me feel really stupid!

My family watched this!!!

Even thinking about the "Gone with the Wind" entrance by Carol makes me smile, and when I watch it I always laugh:rotfl:

My favorite moments were when the cast made each other get the giggles but they continued on anyway.

I feel as if I should close this trip down memory lane with an ear tug:thumbsup2

Kathleen

"Shot at Love" with Tila Tequila. It ran on MTV or VH1 a few years back. It was kind of like "The Bachelor" except with Tila as a bi-sexual bachelorette and they had like 6 or 10 guys and 6 or 10 girls. And she's go on dates with them. Dani is a fire fighter from Florida (not that I watched the show or anything:rolleyes1) and was one of the last standing, though in the end Tila chose a guy and then in pure Brett Michaels fashion (another show I didn't watch :rolleyes1) dumped that guy and went on to do Shot at Love 2.

Dani was pretty popular with the ladies.

Chris, I blame you for putting this back in my memory bank....:goodvibes

:lmao: I had never watched the show religiously, just a few of the last episodes. I was flipping through the channels one night and OMG there she was. I was entranced. She's THE hottest fire fighter in FT. Lauderdale! She does alot of lesbians events like The Dinah Shore, she just did an Olivia Cruise and she's shooting some episodes for Logo right now. LOVE her!! :love:

Now you're bringing back bad memories.....

The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Chuckles Bites The Dust

A little song
a little dance
a little seltzer down your pants

Thank you Rosie, I can't get this out of my head. I remember watching this epsiode (yes the original run) with my dad. He Looovved MTM.

My kids will never know the fun of using a microphone and tape recorder to record the sound of their Dad snoring. Or talking in his sleep.

So, anyone else notice the resemblence last night?

article-1256195-089D6E60000005DC-945_196x649.jpg
puppets_madame.jpg

:scared:

:rotfl2:

To quote something I read last night:

"Good Gawd! Is that horse wearing a banana?!"

Don't hate the messenger. :snooty:

nah. I don't think she looks anything like you when you wore it.

Ah, heck! Where's the picture of Madame that I posted?

I swear, when I saw her last night, I was looking for Waylon Flowers behind her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter