• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fun, uplifting TV shows from the 80s-90s

Where have you been able to find Home Improvement? I can’t find who streams it.
I use an app called CheapCharts, so I track when movies and TV shows go on sale. So I've bought most of of those series I listed. So when a show like Home Improvement with 203 episodes gets close to $30 I'll pick it up. I got Cheers for $20 and all 275 episodes. I hate commercials, so to me it's worth it to have it in my iTunes for a decent price.

California Dreams

Jimmy Fallon had a reunion show a while ago:

Greatest American Hero! We catch that on Heroes & Icons on Saturdays.

Like the OP, enjoyed Perfect Strangers too.
Family Matters (up to a certain season)
Just the Ten of Us (the daughters sang to earn money!)

The Nanny
Watched some Saved by the Bell when I was visiting family. One of the episodes was the one where Jessie takes the caffeine pills.

I have been binge-watching Perfect Strangers, and I am happy that it held up for me with all of the slapstick silliness. Our kids have taken to it, as well, which is nice. (They also liked ALF!). Every generation needs a Balki!

So interesting to watch pre-cell phone life, for one. Hard to imagine! Upbeat theme songs that were fun to sing along with, light-hearted fun, adult topics dealt with in ways that kids don't have to hear any vulgar info, and so on.

TGIF nights really were great for family viewing.

What show or shows could you re-watch right now?

Everybody Loves RAymond! It's still funny after all these years.

I always enjoyed watching Pefect Strangers with my brother. The episode titled “Karate Kids” is hilarious. Balki is dressed as a ninja for a surprise attack when Larry returns from the grocery store. 😂😂😂

As soon as I read the word Chips the theme song started playing in my head. When I lived in California for a couple of years I would get so excited when I saw one. My husband didn't understand :) My sister did though!!
Chips was on one of the mainstream streaming services, Amazon I think. I found it, watched 2 episodes and it went to renting. It plays over the air on alternate channels. My brother didn't have cable or internet when he split with his girl, told me "Guess what I'm watching, Chips! LOL". It was on the TV in one of the shops I frequent on Fridays after work. It's still a great show to watch and wish it didn't go to rental only on the streaming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter