Garden Experts - This is the rockpile.

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
This is what sits in my back yard.. I do not own it.. although when we were buying this house, we thought we did.. After surveying, we found it belongs to the neighbor above us... I would like to block out this mess, and was thinking hemlocks but would welcome opinions.. Have a great day, it is beautiful today here in New England..

rockpile.jpg

Marsha I thought it was some kind of wall. I have to agree its ugly. Plant a hegde or a row of evergreens. Forget the flower idea. The only time the flowers will cover it is in the summer. You need something that will cover it year round.

Marsha...does it get much sun? I agree, you need everygreens, a whole row of them. But what about putting some bunches of flowers up there, some perennials? It might brighten it up abit. I'll volunteer some bunches. I can also see bunches of daffodils spread thru out the area.

Marsha... I could help. I need some of those rocks... :). I will trade you Hemlock Trees... I have tons of them... I would plant evergreens to block that or nice wood fence with some smaller plants or bushes...

Just a note of concern...wasn't there some sort of parasite in the general New England area that was infecting and killing hemlocks? I am pretty sure it has been an issue in Connecticut. You might want to check with a local agricultural station (being a skeptic, I wouldn't trust the opinion of the guy at the nursery...he wants you to buy the trees). If it isn't a concern, I think a row of hemlocks is a great idea as they grow fairly quickly. Another option might be white pine.....

Thanks for the ideas guys.. You have no idea what i have tried.. I put down loom and then planted wildflowers.. no go...there is not a lot of sun.. morning sun, but as the current trees bloom in my yard, it does get shady. I do own that grassy area in front, the wall and where it is mulched but that rock pile irritates me every time I look at it.. You know the expression "Buyer Beware," we were too trusting with the builders and they lied.. Never mind that one of the builders did the excavation for my neighbors pool and reinforced his property with heavy boulders.. then sold him the land to protect his pool... Can you guess where??? I found this all out after the fact..

I agree.. I think the only way is to block it in with some sort of evergreen...you do not think a fence and then plant in front of the fence..

And ever since the Mosquito Control from EPA came in and cleaned out the wetlands, we do not hear the spring peepers anymore.. we loved hearing them.. Happy Spring Everyone..

I believe I would put up a fence then plant some evergreen trees there, Maasha. Since we have totally different climates, I can't offer any types but I'd do something to hide it.

Marsha, we may be building a wall to the side of our house. Maybe we can help you get rid of some rocks!!

What about planting some flocks?? My mom has some rocks in her yard and covers them with flocks. They are pretty and according to her low maintenance!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter