Girls Only~ OLD THREAD, new one linked in first post

can't we start a new 2011 planning thread? Seriously, we're already in planning mode. It's like the people who do the Rose Parade and start planning January 2nd.

I would like to get dates pinned down asap so I can maybe use my 11-month booking window for GCV.
I'm totally in planning mode, and I'm actually planning to start a new thread for the next trip as soon as I finish these pics. Less daunting and confusing for any new members, plus I like that new thread smell.

Can't find any pics for Angie, Vicki, Becci, Deb, Michelle or Steph though. At least not in what's been posted on shutterfly so far. Ladies, if you have one you'd like to send me feel free, or I can always leave the ones up from last year's trip.

Hey, if you're looking for any roomies, I'm willing to start the brown nosing and bribes now. Just saying......:rolleyes1

Did I ever tell you that you're like the sister I never had. :flower3: ;)
:mad: Hey back off. Cheryl and I are Vegas party buddies. I've seen her bust a move on the dance floor. :banana:

So girls--on the trip we were tossing around the idea of having an "off-site" evening--maybe to Gardenwalk? There's apparently a cool bowling alley there. And lots of good restaurants.

Love it!! Especially if there is a night the park closes early. Cheesecake Factory would be my vote. :rolleyes1 No surprise there.

So looking at the calendar, to avoid Easter, but make sure it was during the festival, it looks like we'd be talking about April 14-18. Correct?

I hope I'll have the money to make next year's trip. These dates would work perfectly if I can talk my mom into going... it's 2 weeks before her birthday. I could surprise her with my dad's help!

I was diagnosed with CHICKEN POX yesterday!!!!!!!!

The other sad news is that I got a call at 6:45 this morning that my Mother's sister (my 86 year old Aunt Loretta) had died last night. So I had to call my Mom and tell her over the phone because I can't go see her right now. Sucks.

Oh NO Cheryl! Is it as horrible as they say it is for adults? My mom had it at 36 and she was so ill. Are you ok?

I'm so sorry for your loss! Your family is in my thoughts.

Hi Kathy.

I am Michele, 47 mother to Kacy 16, Kody 15, and Loren 13. Wife to Scotty.

I am a stay at home mom. I live in the San Francisco bay area.

Nice to meet. And although I know most of the ladies from the boards this will be my first Diva's trip.

Im gonna do everything I can to make next years trip, so make that 3 new victims!!!! wait...did I just voluteer to be a "victim"? yep, thought so, sign me up!!! :thumbsup2

:wave2: I'm Bridgette

Afternoon ladies!

Capri I agree! I missed spending time with you and although I REALLY appreciated my aunt coming I feel like I missed out on a LOT because she didn't really want to do much. She didn't want to go on ANY rides and it seemed like every time I turned around she wanted to shop or see a show or something. Obviously based on the fact that she helped me out I certainly couldn't complain and I didn't mind the ride part since I go a lot but I REALLY missed out on spending time with everyone. I felt like we missed out on a lot by not being able to go to JK and Capri don't feel bad at all because Hook's kind of ticked me off. They seated us back in the back by the bathroom and then even though they KNEW we had people coming they told me they were locking the doors at 9! I had talked to Mel and knew you guys had just barely got your salads and mom was super tired and I think may have gotten the same thing as you. She is REALLY sick with a super bad cold and can hardly talk either. So please don't feel bad. I just wish you could have come to the villa with all of us. I ended up bringing the cake there and it worked out MUCH better anyway. I just wish I had gotten to spend more time with you and the others!!! I was bummed about Billy hill and the bbq as I was really looking forward to both and I am SO glad about the house of blues but feel I missed out on a lot on Sunday as well.

As far as next year I REALLY like the idea of going during food and wine. I have gone to DW during it and LOVED it and have always wanted to go during DL's version!! I know mom would love it and I like the idea of going later in the year. I think this year def proved that no matter WHEN we go it is either going to be crowded or bad weather so I think we should just pick some dates and see what works best for everyone and go from there.

Welcome to all our new divas and look forward to meeting you!!

Oh and Cheryl my mom can't remember if I had cp so I guess I will have to wait and see? LOL. I am sorry you have them and hope they don't get too awful! And so sorry about your aunt! ((hugs))

Well, we were just talking about next years trip dates and throwing ideas around, but whatever you think is best. :)
It was good to see you again by the way! :goodvibes

It was great seeing you, too. I wish I could have been there more days, but there's always next year.

Since you started another thread, I'm going to go ahead & move this to the DL CB. :)

It was great seeing you, too. I wish I could have been there more days, but there's always next year.

Since you started another thread, I'm going to go ahead & move this to the DL CB. :)

LOL We must have been posting at the same time..... ;)

Okay, I see you moved it rather than closing it.

Are you thinking we should keep this one as a girls only "chat" thread, and the other as a purely planning thread?

Okay, I see you moved it rather than closing it.

Are you thinking we should keep this one as a girls only "chat" thread, and the other as a purely planning thread?

I like the idea of a chat thread. I am a chatty girl!!

All of the cats sniffed the new cheshire cat! Hubby likes it because it doesn't have to eat!

Are you on Facebook? I just sent a friend request to someone with your name who looks like you so I really hope it is! Otherwise the other Daisy will think I'm a dork!!

She is so cute! I have a one-year old Corgi named Bella.

So girls--on the trip we were tossing around the idea of having an "off-site" evening--maybe to Gardenwalk? There's apparently a cool bowling alley there. And lots of good restaurants.

That sounds like a great idea! :thumbsup2

I like the idea of a chat thread. I am a chatty girl!!

That might be what MJ has in mind. Seeing as how we have a whole year (give or take) since the next trip, keeping a chat thread on the CB and a planning thread separate might be smart..... :confused3

It's easy enough for me to keep them both up, if that's the plan. So whatever works is fine with me. :)

That might be what MJ has in mind. Seeing as how we have a whole year (give or take) since the next trip, keeping a chat thread on the CB and a planning thread separate might be smart..... :confused3

It's easy enough for me to keep them both up, if that's the plan. So whatever works is fine with me. :)

Honestly though the planning thread shows all the signs of being a cht thread too. We are gonna drive poor MJ crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter