Goal Getting....my journey....lmhall2000

Tara, I'm so glad Sable came through her surgery alright. I hope she's back home with you soon. It's so hard to be away from your babies, especially when they aren't well. I miss my dog when I'm vacation but it was sheer torture when she got hit by a car about 10 years ago and had to stay at the vets office for a week after surgery. I visited her a lot, I just couldn't stand it. I hope that you don't end up having to go to court but I think you have enough on your side to come away with the victory!

You are doing great with your eating and your scale is showing it! Keep up the fantastic work! :sunny:

I wonder how we make it through these days...

The day I picked my sweet Sable up...

Got the call at 8:30 that she could be picked up!!! YEAH!!! All the kids are getting ready at lightning speed..didn't even have to tell them to get their coats!

9:15..Make it to the doctor's office....have a long wait..in the midst of the wait hear this poor lady (we had talked with her in the waiting room..she was young and had a child in the stroller) just let out a horrendous sorrowful gut wrenching scream....I saw the vet nurse quickly bring her little one out of the room and show her the fish tank...my heart sank...guess she just got some bad news about her pet...Oh..where is my Sable?????

10:00 Finally get to get Sable...not sure why the long delay..she's fine but just a wee drugged and doesn't recognize us really. The kids are scared of her shaven skin...thinking it means she's not going to make it...I convince them it'll grow back.

11:00 Get home with Sable...oh so carefully lift her out of the van and gingerly walk her in the house...she goes right to the carpeted area and plops. Check messages...realtor calls and says another realtor may/may not show the house between 1 and 5. Okay, I've got a dog that really shouldn't be moved...a house that needs 1-2 hours of vacuuming and windexing...three children that are starved for lunch in a house with only bread/water/ramen noodles in it (no time to shop this week with all the goings on)...and I get a may/may not...I scramble to contact that realtor and after 30 minutes get a confirmation...yes, he's coming.

11:00-1:30...MAD CLEANING session..kids are great...they managed to eat some bread and I promised them a trip to Chick-Fil-A when we have to leave....I gingerly put Sable back in the car...head to chick-fil-A and even order Sable her own box of nuggets...she didn't eat any dog food at home and she hasn't eaten in 24 hours except IV fluids and she groggily munched them down.

2:00 Make it to my Mom and Dad's...that's showing central...we always head there when we have a showing. Sable likes their house...but today she just mopes in. The kids beeline it to Grandma's room where they marvel at the fact you can lay in bed and watch TV...she has "cable!!!" (we have 5 channels)....so they're all well rested and checking out the latest Little Bear show and I actually get to rest and watch Trading Spaces on cable! :) My father turns all the heat off in the house while they're at work so I quickly turn the fire on....the thermostat is too far for me to walk to because Sable follows me everywhere...so I try to stay warm for the hour we're there. The kids are snuggled under lots of nice feather covers. And I had turned their heat on back there.

3:00 Yell for the kids...it's time to head back now...son comes walking very listlessly in...not like him at all...he says everything hurts...this kid only has asthma...maybe 2 other doctor visits in 9 years other than asthma and it looks like strep to me....make a quick call to the ped office to see if they can fit us in before closing time...miracle of all miracles they have an opening. I rush back home with poor Sable...then rush right back out to the docs.

4:00 We're on time for our appointment but, guess what we don't see the doctor until 5:15!!! OH my...we're pretty laid back about it but son is feeling worse and now he's got a fever. Strep is positive..aren't we moms just amazing....I just knew it by looking at him...they could save alot of money by just letting us diagnose our own children! :) So now I've got a dog I really shouldn't leave alone...a son too sick to make a grocery run and nothing for dinner.

Quick stop at pharmacy to drop off prescription (this mom was savvy enough to ask doctor to give us one days sample...son is allergic to penicillin so he has to use the more expensive strep meds...so I wouldn't have to get back out with three kids to pick up the Rx...they always take 1-2 hours to fill.) I could pick it up in the morning..

I make the ramen noodles for them for dinner....and I had leftover salad from chick-fil-a. Tomorrow...first thing on the agenda is filing a suit in civil court against our neighbors...I noticed a lock box on their door....they can't sell that house until I can place a lien on it! A mother's job is never done....

Tara

Oh my gosh Tara I feel like I need to have a nap after just reading about your day! Girl get yourself in a bubble bath with a nice book and RELAX! What a day. I'm so happy to hear Sable is home with her loving family and feeling better. Good luck with the civil case -hopefully they will do the right thing and it won't have to be a long drawn out affair for you on top of everything else! Keep up the great work!! :cool1:

You poor thing - hope tomorrow is better! You need a grocery gateway there - where you order your groceries online and they deliver them...
Mom's are great. Give DS a hug from us! Welcome home Sable!!!!
So, how did the showing go?

Hi Tara!!! I'm Jen and i'm usually around a lot, but I have been sick this week. I wanted to say welcome and I am glad you are here! You are an amazing inspiration! If youwouldn't mind I'd love to join the 150 club with you! That is my dream to get to and stay in the 150's!!

I am very sorry about your dog... I am glad Sable came through the surgery! Keep up the awesome work! You are doing great! :sunny:

Yes, the next days are better! Well atleast emotionally wise...the scales were mocking me at every turn (ya know trying to lift one leg more than the other...it didn't buy it...) it said 196.5 each time...How can I gain 2.5 pounds in one day when I had less than 1000 calories that day and only one piece of wheat toast...well I did have some field peas with my fish...ooh and I did use one packet of ketchup to dip my fish in...ahhh those CARBS!! :)

But the good news is I feel smaller today than yesterday so even if the scales show a gain it's probably retention from the carbs or my body going into shock for eating so little...I got to go to the grocery today sans children...dh home for the weekend! :) But the bad news is dear daughter came down with strep last night..so not much sleep around here...just picked up her prescription and made a Wal-Mart run for some carb friendly foods...I now have something to eat! :)

ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS....on the Sable front..she's actually wagging her tail now and then...a good sign....but she's laying down about 99% of the time...which I'm sure is best for her healing...just hate not seeing our frisky pup playing...even though she's 11 she shocks folks because she's so playful.

Thanks guys!!!
Tara

Hi Tara,
I'm glad your dog is getting better. Hopefully, he'll be frisky in no time.

Don't listen to that scale!!! If you feel smaller, you ARE smaller! Great Job!

sofa.gif
Sunny

Okay, it's the second week and my goal was to add a few carbs and get back to exercising as a habit. So, today I went to the gym...pride goeth before the pain...I was too proud to start out at a lower speed..and I just had to go for the whole hour walk...even though it's been over 2 months since I've hit the treadmill!

I started out at 4.0 speed...what was I thinking? I stuck with it for 10 minutes then had to drop back to 3.5...but somehow I managed to do the entire 60 minutes...although I can already tell I will be paying for it in the morning...my muscles are screaming at me at the moment...

But, I did it..and I hope to fit another 60 minutes in tomorrow.

On with the countdown to week 23!!! :)
Tara

Oh, and wouldn't you know it the scales at the gym would not balance at zero so I didn't even dare to get on them...for fear I'd go crazy with was it balanced too high or too low..ugh

:cool1: Great job! You can and will do this!!! (remember ~ the 150's club!) :teeth:

Getting on here and confessing then seeing all the support really really helps me stay disciplined and strong even when life around me may not be! :)

Well, I was right...my body is aching this morning..I even dread getting on the scales because I know it will be way up...I drank sooo much water yesterday but my body just retained it...guess to heal all those muscles I freaked out yesterday...it'll take a few days for my body to catch up and realize it's gonna have to start working out more regularly...

I may have to cut out the whole wheat toast for 1-2 days just to low carb a few...I finally have eggs and breakfast meats to make it through the next few days.

ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS...weighing in a minute...ick!
Tara

another sore hip!!! OUCH!! Memo to self...never overwork yourself the first day back in the gym...sorely I did not do any exercise today...but I ended up folding over 8 loads of laundry and took a long nap..dd had a horrible case of strep yesterday and she was restless feverish all night so I got little rest.

I did well on eating, though...bacon/eggs, ham/ salad,green beans, small carrot amd mozzarella sticks.

I've had 64 oz of water and 1/2 diet coke.

Hoping for a good weigh in in the morning!
Tara

Yup! This is the place to be! We will whip you into shape! :teeth:

I've got to do it...I've got to break the rhythm and go with Slimfast for two meals today...you see..I've been rather constipated with this low carb even though I'm getting a nice size salad daily and lots of water...I also have been having several low blood sugar spells where the room blacks out when I stand up....and hoping we sell this house quickly I need to clean out my pantry so we won't have to pack that....so I've got about 5 more slimfast meals in my can and I'll just do that today to help with the stoppage.

ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS!!!
Tara

Tara...I'm so glad to hear that Sable is doing better. Did you ever file the civil suit? I know you've been busy with sick children.

Be careful with those dizzy spells.

Gail

In my scattered days..I did manage to file in civil court...my attorney (Ha...I laugh when I say that...he's actually the son of the pastor who married us and is a true gem to help coach me through this sans compensation) told me to list both as defendants so they'll both be served....I don't know if they'll ever find the wife...neither of them are living at the house now and there's a lockbox on it...atleast I had his work address...thanks to himself...he gave me his business card! :)

I'm preparing all the evidence in case I have to go..hoping they'll settle before it gets to that...I've already decided to sue for punitive damages to be awarded to the Animal Shelter on behalf of the mental anguish suffered by my son. So if any award is given, it will go to a worthy cause and we hopefully will get our vet bills taken care of...will keep you all posted!!!

Tara

Tara

Good luck with your case... It sounds like your attorney really is a gem!

I hope the sickness clears out of your home soon.. I know i am getting sick of this and it has been almost3 1/2 weeks in our house...

You might want to add a handfull of nuts to get your blood sugar up... Those few extra carbs really help me!

Hope you have a great day! :sunny:

Sarahsmom! Of course...how could I forget nuts??? Ya know sometimes our brain just doesn't work like it should...I remember the last time I tried low carb I had to have about 10 cashews a day and it really settled my blood sugar...don't know how I forgot about those babies! Thanks so much for the heads up..

I do hope your family gets better soon...I can handle sickies usually most anytime but in the winter when you're sometimes homebound anyway makes it so much more tough. I hope you all are breathing well soon and up and at 'em!

And congrats to you!!! You only have 15 more pounds to go!!!! YIPPEE!!!! You can do this!!!!!

Tara

My goodness, Tara, what a time you have had while I was gone. I was in TN - just not close enough for a visit. :) I am SO glad to hear Sable is home and doing better. That tail wagging is a good sign!

You are a crazy woman - hitting the gym that hard! Remember your back, my dear, and ease back into the routine. Your body will thank you! Before you know it, you will be back at full force.

You are doing great and I know you are going to hit those 150s! Just keep posting. :)

I had a good day this weekend...I must have known you were in the same state! :) The blues are hitting me harder than ever...just went for the walkthrough at the new house...boy do we ever want to be in it...may lose it...and then I'll really be sacked...can't think of what may happen....please, Lord, sell our house here!

Eating really has been good quantity wise but I think I'm almost eating too little and my body's going into starve mode...gotta kick up the exercise.

Praying for a better attitude tomorrow.
Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter