Going to be at POP 9/29-10/8? Then get to know who you're vacationing with here!

BTown

Mouseketeer
My apologies if this is lame, but I thought that since there are so many of us who are going to be at this resort one these dates, that it'll be almost impossible NOT to run into someone from these boards while we are there. And then, with all the threads about meeting times and laudry parties, I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread which we might all introduce ourselves and get to know one another a bit.

So, if you're going to be at the resort, stop by here and tell us a bit about yourself.

For starters, my name is Brian, I'm 23, I'm a college senior, and God willing, I will be a college grad (graduating this summer) by the time of this trip. I'll be traveling with my Girlfriend and this will be our second trip this year (couldn't resist the free dinning, like most of you) and we'll be there from 30 Sept - 7 Oct.

Now, for random question of the week - Since there is so much talk about laundry and alcohol, what's everyone's drink of choice? Personally, if I'm drinking, it's Southern Comfort or Johnny Walker black lable on the rocks.

Looking forward to hearing from some others

Hi Brian We are Carol, Rob, Jessica and Jordan. Little older than you...(reverse the numbers in your age)....We also were at the POP a few months ago but could not resist free dining!!!! Our drink of choice when travelling with kids is something much tamer than Southern Comfort (although I AM trying a fiesta margarita in Mexico!!!!) Maybe see some of you there!!!!!!!

My name is Rita I am even OLDER than yall! I will be 44 by then and will be down with my DH 51, DS 20 a junior in college (hoping he can work his schedule out!), DM 71, DB (meshmar another DISer) who will turn 53 right after we come home, My Sister -in-law 54, my best friend 49, and her DH 49, her DD 25 and her DGS 4. About the hardest we get is decaffienated diet coke!

Hi all!!!! hopeeveryone that posts here is signed up in the big list!!

Brian great idea!! Our thread was certainly gettin chatty ;)

Alright let's see:

DH (SALVATORE) and I (Michelle in case you couldn't tell from ym screen name!!)
will be at the WORLD with Autumn our DD who will be 20 months at the time and also with Gabriel our DS who will be 9 months at the time.

We travel to the WORLD every year and before kids often twice a year!!! once they get a bit older we will pick up on this again i hope!!!

I am a SAHM and organizer of the POP party DIS meet!!

Speaking o parties and laundry:

My drink of choice is a rusty nail (rum and coke!!)
Sals is beer and type of beer :)

Can't wait to meet and PARTY!!

Hi Everyone,
I am Carolyn (Wyndi) 39, and DH Cliff 45, it will just be the two of us.... We have no children. We can't wait to get to the World. We only get a chance to go every couple of years and this year we could not miss free dining....
DH drinks miller lite.... I am not much of a drinker... My drink of choice use to be tequila.... Looking forward to meeting you all...

Hi everyone!
My name is Nicole(23) and DBF(25 but his bday is on Sept 29! SHHH don't tell anyone :teeth: ) We will be at WDW and POP from Sept 28- Oct 2. I can't wait! My poison is vodka.

Hey Michelle,
Like Windy.... But either way I will answer to both.... :rotfl: Not to confuse anyone but I go by Wyndi at home (family & friends) and at work it is Carolyn (my given name)... I figured this is info you could use... Seeing as my DH calls me by both... :teeth:

Okay got it we have a bunch of people going soo excited!! even a woman with 2 names :) now that is cool!!! i want an AKA!

Hey guys, nice to see you all. Thanks for stopping in and introducing yourselves. I love to meet new people, so this is always an added bonus of going on vacation. In interest to keep this thread lively, every few days or so I'm going to come here and ask a random question (such as, favorite drink), but I'd like everyone to participate. Got a question, throw it out there.

Speaking of questions, Michelle, if I am correct, the drunken laundry party is 3 Oct at the Hippy Dippy Pool. Just want to make sure, but is that the pool in the 50's section, shaped like a bowling pin?

Looking forward to hearing more from you guys

Brian

Hey all. We'll be at POP 9/28 - 10/4. Just booked my direct airfare for a decent price. Woohoo! Traveling, so far, is me, DH, and my mom. We're still hoping DH's mom will join us. MNSSHP on the 29th and at the pool every night except the 29th, as we stay away from EMH.

Me: 28, law student. I'm in my second summer, which means I'm working my butt off. I actually have a really cool job with a great firm and I'm getting to travel a bit for work, so that's always exciting, and I'm not doing work for evil corporations, either. If anyone wants to challenge me to a DDR competition at Innoventions, you're on! I'm a wine drinker or I go for flavored vodka drinks. You can chat with me on AIM if you'd like: jhyatt78.

DH: 31, respiratory therapist, Air Force flight medic, and drummer (for Junction Five - check them out on myspace, I can send you a free button if you'd like one). He's excited about the trip and loves that I take care of the planning, but he just wants to show up and have fun. He's taken to "fining" me $1 every time I talk about the trip. (not really, of course, that wouldn't fly) He drinks wine or vodka martinis and can be seen around the parks wearing a camelback (those military backpacks that hold several liters of water).

Mom: 54, a nurse, but has been working in benefits admin for many years. She is not a drinker, but plans to be at the pool every night as a friend of hers and their family will also be at POP when we are. They've got small kids and our group is focusing more on adult stuff, so the plan is to touch base at night and do our own thing during the day.

Hi Rigs32! so cool about DH being a drummer!!!! i will have to listen!!

Speaking of questions, Michelle, if I am correct, the drunken laundry party is 3 Oct at the Hippy Dippy Pool. Just want to make sure, but is that the pool in the 50's section, shaped like a bowling pin?

Nope it's the MAIN POOL as soon as you come out of Classic Hall. it's not in the shape of anything in my OP, but it's in the 60s section! bar closes at midnite :)

Well, I will jump on the bandwagon. :rockband:

Traveling (by car, from near Athens, Ga) :car:

DH - Doug :cool2: (couch potato, don't get him involved, just wants to get to WDW)
DD - 11, Deanna princess: (don't breath a word about this trip, she dosen't have a clue :tiptoe:) (pooh and piglet lover)

Me - Sharon :surfweb: (master trip planner)

Both of us are in our early 40's. We are self employed, we own a full service gas station, and offer light car repair, like, brakes, oil changes, new and used tires, and A/C work. I sell Avon, and take care of the books, at work. I also clean a local church and bank once a week.

Our drinks of choice, Doug, water, water, water, & sweet tea.
Deanna, water, diet coke. Me, water and diet coke, unsweet tea.

Looking forward to our fist family trip. Doug and me have been, along time ago. Deannas first! I can't wait to take her!!!

Sharon (WDWannabe), welcome aboard the bandwagon. You guys are from near Athens? That's such a cool town. My girlfriend went to UGA for a little while before she transfered down here to LSU. Nice to have you along, and I'll do my best not to pester you guys with any questions about potential car problems or repairs (but I cant seem to help it, no offense, but any time I talk to a mechanic, I j ust can't help but to feel like I am getting taken to the cleaners because I actually know so little about cars).

Also, welcome rigs32. I might be interested in taking you up on your DDR challenge. Though, I'm afraid my game is getting rusty lately (at least ever since Guitar Hero came out for PS2). And, honestly, I had no idea they even had DDR in Innoventions. I never really spent much time looking around at the stuff in there, but I'll certainly have to check it out.

Anyway, it's good to get to know you all, hope to hear from more, or more from you all soon.

B

BTown - Epcot is where I first played DDR, actually. In 2003, it was in a bubble shaped hut, so you really had to go looking for it and there's virtually no lines. The DDR machine at Disney Quest, on the other hand, was totally swamped with local teens when I was there.

Btown, no prob...ask away...not sure, but I do know we can't work on any car going down the road!!! Yes, I do like Athens, small town...nice people...traffic is getting worse!! The area around 316 ug!!!! And the Atlanta Hwy!!!!

Hi to all!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter