Going to be at POP 9/29-10/8? Then get to know who you're vacationing with here!

Hi my name is Carrie and this will be my 8th trip to Disney but my 1st onsite :woohoo: I am not going to tell you how old I am but lets just say so far I am the oldest on this thread :rotfl2:

My 2 DD's will be with me, Sarah-22 and Stacey-13. We are flying if I can get decent airfare and if I can't :confused3 well how much room do you have in your van Michelle.

My other DD Amy-25 will be there also with her DH Tim and her two little girls Katelyn will be 2 1/2 and Hayley will be 13 months.

I can't wait :dance3:

hey carrie!! sorry with gas prices we have downgraded to the Civic for now! it has the better tv in it anyway ;)

Hey everyone!!

My name is Jennifer, I'm 23, and will be down with my boyfriend Jared and my Dad from 9/30-10/4...I was there twice since December but seriously can't resist the free dining (it also helps that I now have my first full-time job that actually PAYS me on vacation!! ;)) We're leaving from Philly nice and early at 6:30 that morning.

So I've slowly converted my BF into a Disney fan during our last 2 trips and we're now trying to come up with some good costume ideas for MNSSHP. Is everyone going that Friday night, 9/30? We have ADRs for Ohana's around 5 before hand, too...maybe we can all turn one of the Disney Transport busses into our very own Party Bus!!

See you all then :)

Hi Jennifer! we're doing MNSSHP on October 5th! but a party bus sounds like fun!!

don't forget to sign up at our other thread so you can see how many people are taking over the POP!!!
CLICK HERE

Hi, I'm Doris, and hubby and I are older than all of you. We are in our mid to late 50's (when the heck did that happen?), and we get down to Disney several times a year. We're retired from our "real" jobs and ebay and sell from our website to feed our traveling bug! We often travel with our kids and grands.
We have no business going to Disney this trip, because we have a vacation to California and HI coming up shortly after we return home. But we couldn't pass on the food festival and bands in Epcot, and of course the free dining.
My drink of choice is water, hubby's is rootbeer.

I go away for a few days and there is SO MUCH going on! Its taking me forever to catch up.

My name is Tammie(32) and this is a girls only vacation. I will be traveling with my Mom, Diane(54) and Grandma, Florence(78).

This should be an interesting trip as my grandmother is getting "flighty" and I am in the process of ordering a lanyard so that I can make sure she is carrying my name and cell phone# on her in case she "wanders off" :rotfl:

My drink of choice is anything with Malibu in it and my fav park is Epcot

I am totally looking forward to laundry on the 3rd - Hope everyone can come by and say :wave:

morning all!!! woohoo for the EPCOT lovers!! welcome aboard everyone that just signed in :) this is going to be a GREAT vacay!!

Fav park - Epcot! It's on our schedule twice and maybe a third on our last day for a final yummy lunch.

Niteowl71 - what meets your definition of "decent" airfare? My mom's Airtran flights from Chicago were $200

Jennifer - we're up for the party bus idea, but it'll have to be on the way back. Our pre-MNSSHP ADR is at Boma and we are planning to have their wine flights.

DMRick - saying hello to fellow NYers. Our loyalties are split between Buffalo and Rochester, but we're flying out of Buffalo this trip so I can get to my Trial Technique class downtown right after getting home.

Hey Everyone, I just can't decide which park is my favorite, I really like Animal Kingdom, but I also really like MGM, but then the Magic is at Magic Kingdom...so I guess I am just wishy washy.

I don't really have one favorite, I like them all, but if I have to choose 1, I 'd say MK....

Hi Tinkerbell_Girl :wave:
We are not too far from each other.... :rotfl2:

rigs32 said:
Fav park - Epcot! It's on our schedule twice and maybe a third on our last day for a final yummy lunch.

Niteowl71 - what meets your definition of "decent" airfare? My mom's Airtran flights from Chicago were $200

When we flew in April it was $165 total RT with ATA. Now ATA doesn't fly out of Midway anymore :sad2:

I was hoping to get under $200 but we will see. My DD is flying AirTran, she got it through Disney for $155 total RT.

Hi all ! I'll POP on here too! I'm Chris a just newly 40 (so be nice) yr old SAHM, PTA president, scrapbooker, who loves Disney! I'm married (18 yrs) to MIke, who once again will not be going to DIsney...His theory "I've seen the girls when they met Cinderella for the first time, what more is there?" OMG I know I'm married to him! Then there's my 2 dd's An almost 12 year old "Yes Im perfect" child, she's a competitive ice skater, oboe player, great student who still loves to be a princess! Then there's my wonderful dd#2 who is 6 (turing 7 while we're at Disney) She is a little spitfire, she's a soccer player, can't wait to be in 1st grade, but def my "challenge" child.

I took the girls last year & we had a blast! SO with free dining we're doing it again! We'll be at POP from 9/29 till 10/9. We are character meal crazies! We are using ALL of our TS credits on character meals! This time we're taking a day and going to SeaWorld.

Let's see drink of choice...coffee, coffee, ice wine, margaritas, diet coke & parrots bay rum

Fav park: Epcot no contest

Let's see I'll ask a question - What's your first memory of WDW?

MIne is standing on main street and being in absolute awe of the castle (of course it was pink & u-g-l-y then...but I was still in awe!)

ooo good question....

my fave first memory has to do with my DDs first time to the world last year! (9months old) she was in her stroller and looking at EVERYTHING, we got in IASW and as soon as the boot took off she clapped laughed and was dancing in our laps... i cried :sad: it was soooo happy!!

My earliest/first memory - and I don't know exactly when this was - is walking down a road in MGM and seeing Tower of Terror being constructed. I was at the tail end of the chicken pox and the doctor okayed me visiting one of the parks.

Wait.....am I getting my time frame confused? Anyone know what year ToT was built? I had the chicken pox when I was either 10 or 12 which was 17-18 yrs ago. It can't be THAT old, can it? :confused3 Is MGM even that old???

Well....either way. I was at SOME park in Disney with the chicken pox and SOMETHING was being built :rotfl: and in my head I really like to believe it was ToT :thumbsup2

My parents took me to WDW when I turned four. My brother was convieniently in FL for school there so it was a multi-purpose visit. I remember very little about it, except for a character breakfast. Pluto got into a fight with my dad. Really. It was all in good fun, but they were rolling around on the ground. We stayed at the Poly (only delux trip, but it was all they had in 1982) and I think that's where the meal was.

DH's first WDW trip was with me in Jan 2002 during the military promotion they had. He was about to head out for three months of training in Texas (we live in WNY) and we couldn't pass up the opportunity. It was insanely cheap and we traveled with 2 good friends. I'd heard about the "back entrance" off the main road (192?) and we tried it that first morning. We got confused and paniced prematurely. We found a Disney corporate building and they voted to send me in to ask if we were headed in the right direction (since it was MY idea to go that way, I had to suffer the embarassment). Of course the Disney folk laughed at me. But we had only to go a it longer on the road to find where we needed to go. We eventually found AK and had a great first ride on the safari.

We "desserted" around the world that trip. Epcot was the only evening park, so we went there every night and ate a lot of pastries. France is the hands down winner. The only downfall is that we no longer enjoy Illuminations so much. The globe makes us laugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter