Going to be at POP 9/29-10/8? Then get to know who you're vacationing with here!

I was 16, and MK was the only park. I was with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins and we went for 1 day. We had the coupon book with the ABCDE tickets. The first 2 rides we went on were Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan, those are my favorites to this day :goodvibes

WOW, no need to be a commando of the parks when there was only one park! i wish i could have seen that! how cool to keep going as it keeps growing :)

Hello all! I'm slowly catching up on all the threads for those of us who are taking advantage of checking in on the last day of the free dining and carrying that into October! LOL!

For us (oh, yeah, me, 27, DH, 31 - no children, just us two big kids) it almost didn't happen because we called our usual travel agent and they said, no you have to complete the travel by Sept 30. But I had heard on one of the zillion podcasts I listen to that as long as you check in on Sept. 30 you can carry the free dining to October, so we called Disney directly and voila!

We can't go any earlier because I'm attending a conference in Jacksonville FL starting Oct 8, and wanted to be able to piggy back on the round trip airfare that my work has to get for me regardless. So I get to go a week earlier for vacation, and we only have to purchase one airfare for DH. :cool1:

This will be our...uh...6th trip in 4 years. The most recent was over Easter...we thought it would be "fun" to take a weekend road trip from Texas to Orlando for a whole two days at the park. Couldn't beat the off-site hotel pricing...room with kitchenette for $29 a night! But the drive...ugh...killer. But Easter at the MK was truly magical! And getting to ride Expedition Everest the first time.....wheeeeeeeeeee!

Ok, so to stop babbling and answer the questions I've seen posed so far... my favorite alcholic beverage would be a Mudslide. DH likes imported beer. My favorite park is MK, his is Epcot. My first memory of Disney was as a very small child (probably 5 or 6) and loving Journey Into Imagination and Figment, but being afraid of Dreamfinder (because he had a beard....I was terrified of anyone with a beard, including Santa Claus as a child). To coax me over to pet Figment at a meet-n-greet outside the ride, Dreamfinder told me that Figment had an itch, and could I scrach it right behind his horn? So I timidly went over, and scratched, and Figment wiggled his horn for me! I lost my fear, and am current sitting here looking at the lovely photo my dad took of me kissing Figment and Dreamfinder beaming at me moments after the horn wiggle. (And to make a long story longer, when I went back in high school with Band, I scratched Figment's horn again, and it didn't wiggle, so I knew then that this was something very special that happened as a child.) :figment: :figment:

Ok, enough already. Time to go wake the DH (he works at night and sleeps until afternoon) so we can go to the mundane grocery store!

Talk to everyone later!
Erica

Hi all,
I will be at pop arriving late on sept 28(10 pm) leaving late on oct 7(8 pm)So count me in!!!!

Hey guys, and welcome aboard to all who have joined us in the past few days. I've been out of town all weekend and just got home and was happy to see we have more and more people joining us in Sept. I would have come here to check in sooner, but these damn pool hopping threads really seem to keep my occupied.

Anyway, in response to a few questions that are floating around - my fav part is easily Epcot. Ever since I was a kid, long before I was ever able to full grasp the concepts behind this park, I loved it the most. Every time I go to WDW, I always plan to spend at least one full day in every park, but I always end up ending my nights at Epcot. This trip, I think all my ADR's except 2 are in WS, and I am so excited.

As far as the question about our first Disney memory, as sad as it is, I have no idea. Disney has always been such a big part of my life, my whole life, its almost impossible for me to remember or even distinguish between a time in which I was not completely obsessed with WDW.

So, here is an easy question - Favorite ride in all of WDW - For me, it's got to be Splash Mountain. I don't know why, but I am pretty sure I could ride it all day long. That coupled with the fact that Song of the South is probably my favorite Disney movie of all time, next to Alice in Wonderland.

Okay....Im bummed about the TOT thing. Wonder what I was looking at being built? Oh well, its all good though :thumbsup2

My favorite "easy" ride at Disney is the Haunted Mansion. I just LOVE the themeing. My favorite "thrill" ride is ToT.

Happy MOnday everyone! Thought I'd start my moring with my coffee & the DIS...before I pack all day! We're leaving for a 2 week vacation tomorrow to Long Island and Cape Cod (bleeeh wish it was WDW)

My favorite ride.....has to be Space Mountain...still! My favorite non thrill attraction Peter Pan's FLight! - great question!

Morning all!!

but I always end up ending my nights at Epcot.

WE are the SAME way!!! :) Epcot every night adn with F&W festival going on even better!!! esp. since they take snack credits!!!

Favorite ride:
TOT hands down!!!!

My favorite ride...gosh....that's a tough one! I think Rockin' Rollercoaster for thrill ride, Peter Pan for non-thrill ride, and Philharmagic for attraction!

What is everyone's favorite show/nighttime spectacular? I love Wishes...it never fails to make me cry. I don't know why, but something about the song, and all the wishes I have yet to have come true, I suppose.

Erica

Erica, WISHES gets me everytime!!! DH has the CD and i still tear up listening to it!!
at the End when Jiminy ends the night by telling everyone that their being there and making it extra magical or whatever is the way we ended our wedding reception!

:sad2: I haven't really seen any of the night time shows. I remember seeing the one at MK back in '92 and the Spectromagic parade before but that is it. My DH never wants to stay and deal with the crowds. :confused3

BUT! Since this is a girls week and I am doing all of the planning - This time I am going to see them ALL! Especially Fantasmic.

This darn server is eating all my posts!!

I love Fantasmic! for me it's more awe inspiring where WISHES just goes for the heart! haha i'm wierd i know!

binkyj826 said:
Scrappinmom - where in CC are you staying?

Hey Tammie - We're staying in Hyannis and the competition is at the rink in Bourne.

my favorite nighttime show is Wishes! I too cry every time! I can't play the soundtrack while I"m driving! people think I'm nuts!

Bye all :wave: I'll catch up when we get back!

You know what's really sad? I haven't seen Fantasmic since our honeymoon at the World in 2002. We really loved it, but just haven't quite made it back to MGM in the evenings since!

However, DH has a video camera now, and so I've promised we'll see it TWICE on this trip, so he can get allllllllll the footage his heart desires. I'm really looking forward to seeing it again, even though that means I'll probably miss seeing Wishes and Spectro as many times as I would like.

I guess I'm in the minority here- I've never seen Fantasmic. :blush: My fave show is Spectromagic. Fave rides- Soarin' and Peter Pan

ok whew finally got to the end.
The cast is Myself 30 Sahm who works in a bookstore part time, Dh 35 Sailor in the US Navy DD 11, DD 10, DS 8, DS 5 who will be turning 6 on our 1st day there.

Favorite Drink : Malibu and Pineapple juice
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite ride: Hmmmm I have 2 Maelstrom and TTA or Wedway People Mover

We are meeting up with DH's cousin and his wife and 2 children DS 8 and DD 3. Cousins wifes bestfriend( are you still with me?) will be riding down with us.
We are leaving the evening of the 26th after Dh and DHCWBF get off of work. The kids still do not know and we don't plan on telling them until we get to Gainesville ( I know not on the way to DW but we are dropping DHCWBF off with DCW so she can spend a couple of days w/them before they join us in Disney. Also going is Dh Mom and Dad but we aren't for sure what days they will be there. DH and I will be wearing our camelbacks and trying not to lose our duckies. Can't wait to see you all there. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Oh and favorite show/entertainment is wishes I put the soundtrack on my Palm Pilot so I could listen to it when I am at any 1 of the many Dr. appts that come along with 4 kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter