Going to kidnap Tink and her pixie dust - June PTR! Updated 6/15 Almost there!

flipflopmom

DIS Veteran

Disclaimer: This PTR is for my DH. He is tired of hearing about my plans, so now you get to be my victim! I love to plan, scheme, plot, and think about WDW.

The burning questions:

1. Just who are we?

Well, there's me. Taryn, 34, a Kindergarten Teacher working on her Master's Degree, finding a new love for running, and kicking up some weight loss. I've lost 36 pounds since January, and would love to lose at least 15 more before our trip.

Then, there is DH, Brad. 38 next Sunday. Hard working Daddy, trying his best to help me out in my crazy life. 45 minute commute to work each way, then helps with driving Miss Crazy - our DD. Thankfully, he got the magic last year!

DD -age 10 - Anna Kathryn, Anna Kat, AK,. A flipping girl, she is a competitive gymnast, has ADHD, and a drama diva attitude! Of course, we love her dearly! She works out 9 hours a week, with a 45 minute commute to the gym. Thankfully, it is where DH works, so I drop her off, and he hangs around after work to pick her up. Fell in LOVE with WDW, and in typical ADHD style, is planning what she is going to eat while listening to her ipod and standing on her head.

DD -age 3 - Sophie, Soph, Sopapilla. Total princess. Eats, breathes, dresses, and sleeps princesses. Knows more about WDW than most first time adults! Favorite book, after princesses? The Complete Guide to Walt Disney World. Our surprise baby that we "couldn't have" after fertility issues with Anna Kat, that we are so glad God gave us!

Our WDW background. Brad and I went for our honeymoon, over New Year's1996, Pepto Bismal castle. HUGE CROWDS! My first trip, fell in LOVE! DH's second, he was in love with me:lovestruc Said then, we'll come back with our kids on our 10th anniversary. Well, on our tenth anniversary, I was on bedrest, 2 weeks from delivering a wonderful surprise.

So just how does the 3 year old know so much? Stay tuned for the hot review!

Hmmm........

My Disney obsession begins!

After securing a beach vacation home last winter, I saw an ad for WDW 4 for 3 deal. Ran some numbers. We were at a prime time for this vacation, as we had a 9 year old and a 2 year old. A week at Pop, Park Hopper tickets, and the DxDP, it would only be $500 more than what we paid for our beach house for the week. No brainer! Brad surprisingly agreed. Booked it through AAA, went to school to talk to a Disney traveler, and immediately got directed here. And so it begins.

While talking about this trip, it became referred to as "Once in a Lifetime" "Never this cheap again because of the deal and the girls' ages". The longer I stayed on Dis, it became "maybe we'll go back in 3 years when Sophie is 5 and might remember it." Then "if you promise we'll go back soon, I won't have to try to fit it all in." And finally while we were there "can we come back next year?"

Thanks to the Dis, we had soooo much fun and pixie dust, it was incredible!

Highlights to follow

Trying desperately not to totally rewrite my TR from last year, but so much of this year's trip is dependent on last year's. A good PTR writer would encourage you to read the full review of our last year's trip linked below, which, will get you excited. I am going to hit the highlights for you.

P1000629.jpg

The girls were chosen to "Open" Chef Mickey's! Arrival day, first ADR, first day in WDW. They got a private audience with Mickey, got to sign HIS autograph book, lots of hugs and tears. I love the way Sophie couldn't take his eyes off him!

I wanted to do something special for DH, in honor of the 10th anniversary we never got to celebrate. Met a GREAT friend here on Dis, and shared the cruise and cost with her. It was a magical ending to our first day! Doing clickable thumnails here, since I have a couple to post! Click if you want the bigger picture!

A true princess can only visit a "salon" with a castle in the background. In fact, she won't go anywhere else, so we have to go back so she can have a haircut!

P1010015.jpg

This was a once in a lifetime trip, right. So Mickey had to officially welcome the girls by visiting our room!

P1000726.jpg
P1000725.jpg

P1000720.jpg

P1000721.jpg

P1010218.jpg

P1010220.jpg

P1010221.jpg

Such a great time! Kids had no clue what would happen, neither did DH, just in right place at right time, and I told AK to ask if Tink was awake! I hate that Tink's store is gone.... great memories!

Anna Kathryn was chosen to be in the HSM parade, right after spilling a totally melted milkshake on her shirt!:
P1010798.jpg

P1010797.jpg

So, as you can see, July 2009 was a great trip for us. DH said "best week of my life" AK said "I never want to go anywhere else!" and Sophie "I love Disney World"

So, while we were there, we did talk about the downsides. We hated riding buses all the time. Almost all our favorite places to eat were on the monorail. As we were leaving, Brad asked a guy at a DVC kiosk for some info. He needed an hour, but we had to leave. So as soon as we got home, I got on Dis, talked to a friend, and less than two months later, on my birthday, we closed on DVC at Bay Lake Tower!!!:cool1:

My insurance? I KNOW we'll be back! Brad's insurance? He knows he can slow me down, and got 2 dinners at Ohana each trip in the bargain! Also, the draw of going to Hilton Head Island every now and then.

Now, let me add this disclaimer. We are sooooo far from wealthy. Pretty solidly middle class. Making a "mortgage" payment on vacation property was a huge step for us, and we had to make sacrifices to do so. But that one week a year is our family togetherness, enjoy each other time. It's an investment in our family that I was willing to give up other things to make.

Hate to spoil the party, but this is another instrumental piece of information. 2 months before we left for WDW, my Daddy found out he had kidney cancer. We spent about a month not sure if we would cancel or not, depending on his plans, surgeons, etc. I started adding all sorts of surprises, like a slipper dessert at CRT, Wishes Cruise, Mickey's Welcome, determined this would be a week away from worrying and stress, and have memories to carry us through the months ahead. I should add that Daddy had lost one kidney before I was born due to complications from kidney stones,was a diabetic, and had 3 heart surgeries.

I am a true Daddy's girl, and they kept my DD's. We average 3 meals a week at their house, and very close. Daddy ended up telling the surgeon that he couldn't do anything until his girls saw their castle and mouse.

5 days after we closed on the DVC property, Daddy had his surgery to remove the kidney and begin dialysis. Heartbreakingly, he had a lot of complications and never recovered. We lost him 9 days later. The last 7 months have been the hardest I've ever experienced. I didn't smile until after Christmas, and I think of him with tears often. We all went through such grief and depression, Anna Kathryn still can't sleep about 1 night a week because she is crying.

We had booked this trip as soon as we bought DVC. Not realizing, we will arrive on Father's Day. It was actually supposed to be the day before, but had to cancel 1 day due to my Master's classes summer schedule. I hope that the grief surrounding me on that day will be eased by being in the Happiest place on Earth!!

After the totally amazing experience last year, I am worried that we won't recapture the magic, it won't be as special, Brad will decide he hates it after all, our DVC investment won't be worth it, etc,

So, I really need to kidnap Tink so we have ample measure of pixie dust this go around, too. I know the really special events won't happen again, but our family was soooo good at recognizing the pixie dust last year: when a bus pulled up as we walked up, short lines, the Bazillian Brazilians walking the other way, great seating in restaurants, great character interaction, finding a great spot in AK and dancing with Chip and DAle, etc. I hope we can keep the magic alive!

We chose June over July due to the tour groups, and hoping the heat might be a little less. DOUBT IT. How hot did it get last year?We left DD's ears in the car for 1.5 hours while we ate a farewell BREAKFAST at CM. This is what we returned to!

DH totally begged for a slower paced trip, with more pool and rest time. We opened and closed the parks 5 days last year! :lmao:

So I started with the theory of day after EMH, with one EMH AM at MK. We loved getting it done then. Especially considering the heat of the day. Also no park at all planned for Wednesday.

Brad said NO DXDP this year, too much scheduling. Remember the 2 Ohana dinners he had to have? Well, AK wanted a Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace, Sophie wanted a CRT. CRT was out, we would only have 2 other credits. We did pick up at 10:30 at Crystal Palace. We did that last year after EMH, and it was great. The place was clearing out, and the characters were in rare form!
P1020003.jpg
P1010999.jpg

I did schedule 1900 Park Fare, so Sophie could see Cindy and finally meet Prince Charming, since she goes to soo many balls with him! Also chose Tusker House at 8am before park opening, which helped take care of Mickey and Minnie. I wasn't super happy with our choices, especially Ohana twice, but I was glad to get it for Father's Day dinner. Also got a Whispering Canyon, to revisit the WL where we honeymooned.

I must say, making those few ADR's online was not half as exciting at getting up and on the phone at 7 with DxDP's to make. But we are going to Disney, right?

I also started tinkering with park days. After reading reviews, I definitely wanted to hit AK EMH, it looks sooo gorgeous at night. I also wanted to go to DHS pm EMH, because of the Playhouse Disney dance party. Then, we decided to go to Epcot PM EMH, to try to get more in.

We are soooo well aware of the heat, and hopefully our new "home" will allow for easier park hopping to 2 parks, since we are on the monorail. We like to get an early start, and maybe some pool time and nap time, then late night. We found last year that Sophie would NOT nap in the room, but she would in the stroller. It may be that Brad and Anna Kat chill in the room, and I push Sophie around the BLT/CR grounds until she crashes, and then swim, and shower.

BUT WAIT!!!!!! Last Saturday, Sophie says "I can't wait to eat in the castle again Mommy. That's my favorite thing about Disney". Anna Kathryn chimes in with "It would be really cool to eat near the Eiffel Tower", and Brad says, "yeah, I've been thinking about how good Boma was, and how much my friend raved about the Yachtsman, how the A/C and a place to sit were so nice. I kinda dread the CS fight, and I remember how much those snack credits helped beat the heat" OF course, I had gotten up early to puruse the DIs, and stumbled on some dining reviews. Guess what? We are now back to DxDP! I wonder if we can hack it

So, we have a 12 hour drive. As I said before, we had planned to check in on Saturday. Well, that happens to be the last class of my first summer class, so we are now leaving as soon as I get out.

The plan is for the girls to stay with Granny Friday night. Brad will sleep as much of the day as possible while I am in class. Most of the car will be packed Friday, I'll get home, throw in the last minute stuff, we'll get the girls on the way out, and OFF WE GO!!!

Hopefully, I can nap, Brad will drive, the girls will eventually fall asleep, I'll pick up when he is tired, and we should arrive at WDW by 8am!!!

Check in to BLT. I know our room won't be ready, but we can let them know we are. ;) Get our KTTW, and off to MK!

1st stop: Main St. Bakery for breakfast with snack credits!

Then, off to Space Mtn. Brad's favorite ride, it was down for rehab last year. Afterwards, we'll go in search of Tiana at Libery Square and Ariel in Adventureland. I hope these will help get the girls calm, and will be a sizeable line. Depending on time, we will try for POTC and flying carpets!

Then, lunch at the Plaza. I told you, I am an obsessive planner! I am hoping for the Chicken Strawberry Salad, AK wants the turkey sandwich, grilled cheese for Sophie, and some sundaes! Brad, who knows?

After lunch, we will probably take in Main st., then head back to BLT. If our room is still not ready, we'll hit the pool!

When we can, get settled, then off to Ohana for Father's Day dinner at 5:00. Finish up the night with fireworks from our balcony!

Monday will begin with breakfast at Kona at 7:30, (can't wait for the pineapple macademia pancakes! and the Pressed pot of coffee) then MK at Rope Drop!

Fantasyland first, HM, grab FP's for Splash and/or BTMRR. Sophie is 39.5 inches right now. If she is tall enough then, we'll get 4 FP's for same ride, if not, we'll get 2 for each, and use rider swap:thumbsup2

Train to Toon Town, where we will spend some time saying goodbye. :sad1:

We have a lunch at Tony's at 12:00 scheduled. If we feel like it, we'll go. I know this get mixed reviews, mostly bad. Sophie is into Lady and the Tramp right now, don't know if that's worth it. If not, we will cancel and grab something at Contempo Cafe when we go back for a pool break!

After break, dinner at Boma at 6:15. Can't wait! LOVE this restaurant! Then, off to AK for EMH until 10! Very excited to see this, I've seen some gorgeous photographs!

Tues - MK for EMH. The goal is to finish what we haven't seen, and visit the Barber Shop. We have a CP "brunch" at 10:25. Whenever we get done touring, we'll head out for pool break.

Dinner - Les Chefs de France at 7pm. Anna Kat will be so excited. We haven't told them about all the new ADRs yet. We will do Epcot EMH until 11. I am VERY nervous about this! I hope we can get in Soarin, SE, maybe walk in innoventions, then tour WS, with a KP or 2. We will not be watching Illuminations. Last year, AK started crying during it because she was worried about Daddy, and she called and talked to him for a while. So, she doesnt' want to be around for it!

Anyone with any Epcot EMH nighttime strategies?[/
COLOR]

Wednesday is sleep in, hang out at BLT, whatever the urge is. We have an ADR at 10:30 at Ohana, so the girls can see Lilo and Stitch again. We really enjoyed this breakfast last year. Sophie is mad at Stitch, because when I did the photopass pictures, we got the magic shot of him with ice cream between them, so she thinks he stole her ice cream. This is another ADR they don't know about!

We have dinner at 5 at the Yachtsman. I am excited to go, and see the YC. We didnt' make it to that area before. After dinner, we'll take the boat to DHS for EMH until 11.

Waiting for the flame throwing - we didn't get the TSM hype. :confused3 So, our only desires are RNRC, maybe ToT, both of these just for AK and me, VOTLM for Sophie, B&B show if we make it in time to see one, but not counting on it. Star Tours is a maybe for DH, and we want to go to the Playhouse Disney dance party. We might go to DHS early afternoon if we are ready early enough, since we'll have to take a bus to DHS to get there anyway. If we could get a FP or 2 and hit the B&B show, we'd be ahead of the game. Sophie has just gotten into Toy Story, so she might want to go to Pixar place....

Tusker at 8:00 before opening at 9. We loved this last year. Great breakfast! Safari, and then....I'm not sure. Ak and I will do EE, the whole family will do KRR right before we leave. We want to hit the Pagani trail, as we didn't last time. Anna Kat is in search of a drummer, since she found out he is Akon's Dad. We really want to slow this one down! A lot of what we do will depend on what we get done during EMH. I hope we can see FOTLK or Triceratop Spin, so that will knock out one area. We also want to wander the trails around the Tree of Life.

We have a lunch at y&Y. We enjoyed it here last year, but it was a LOT of food. It's a great break from the heat, though. We may just get apps and desserts, since they were our favorites. THE WONTONS ROCK!!!

Not much of a break today, but we'll try for one, then we have dinner at 1900 PF at 5:00.. There's not a lot of time in between these meals, so I'm not sure, but we are really doing it for the characters! Sophie will FLIP! Plus, this is our night to be in MK, so I don't want to make it later...

After dinner, we're going back to MK (can you guess what our favorite park it?) for our night time there. We'll see Main St. Elect. Parade, and the Summer fireworks, whatever they are????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter