Going to kidnap Tink and her pixie dust - June PTR! Updated 6/15 Almost there!

8:00 at Akershus before opening at 9:00. I know we have a lot of princess meals, but Sophie will only be 3 and obsessed once!

We have 2 goals this day - to see the dolphins, which we somehow missed, and to wander around WS. We want to see the performers, stroll the shops, etc. Epcot last year was a bust for us, too hot, we were miserable, too much food, and we just floundered!!!!

For lunch, we will be snacking around the world as we stroll! No break today!

We have Dh's 2nd Ohana dinner tonight at 8. This was our last night dinner last year, and I cried into my Lapu Lapu with the castle behind me. I plan on repeating that experience! Lots of food close to bedtime, but...MK has EMH that night, and we might just stroll around over there for a while to walk it off a bit, but not too long.

So, well start off check out day with an early breakfast at CM, an easy walk from our room, at 7:10. I'll probably cry when I tell Mickey goodbye again. Come back, pack up, load the car, and then.... MK!!! We have to say goodbye to the castle before we leave, and as a surprise, we are having a farewell lunch at 2 at CRT. I was so shocked I could get ANYTHING at this late notice, and lunch is definitely not what I was hoping for, but... it will be a good way to say goodbye!! Hopefully, nothing will melt in the car??

Anyone had CRT lunch? I just can't get excited about the menu???

Since we are driving, we can leave whenever we want, and we'll tag team the drive back, taking turns napping

Now that you know how I will be spending my days, who we are, and what we will be eating, ;), I'll take a break for a while.

Up next:

SHOPPING!
Planning surprises
My vacation box
My to do list by time left - - 63 days!

Hi there! We are heading down at about the same time! You will love BLT! It is such a convenient place to stay just a hop skip and a jump from the monorail. I stayed there in January. Your plans sound great. I'll have to more carefully compare them to ours and see if we have any park days the same! Oh and I dabble in running as well. In fact my January trip was to run the half marathon. Running at Disney is great:goodvibes Looking forward to more.

Hi there! We are heading down at about the same time! You will love BLT! It is such a convenient place to stay just a hop skip and a jump from the monorail. I stayed there in January. Your plans sound great. I'll have to more carefully compare them to ours and see if we have any park days the same! Oh and I dabble in running as well. In fact my January trip was to run the half marathon. Running at Disney is great:goodvibes Looking forward to more.

Okay, so dabble in running and running a half do NOT go together! I just finished the couch to 5 K program a week ago, and I am very excited that I can now run a 5K in under 33 minutes! I am really, really, really, trying to get my speed and endurance up, but without a program to tell me what to do, I am floundering a bit.

Do you know if there is a good running trail at BLT?

Thanks for joining in! I'll check out your PTR, too!

Okay, so dabble in running and running a half do NOT go together! I just finished the couch to 5 K program a week ago, and I am very excited that I can now run a 5K in under 33 minutes! I am really, really, really, trying to get my speed and endurance up, but without a program to tell me what to do, I am floundering a bit.

Do you know if there is a good running trail at BLT?

Thanks for joining in! I'll check out your PTR, too!

I really do just dabble in running. It's just that I do it for long distances. A 33 minute 5K is about as fast as I do it too. Have you checked out Hal Higdon's site? He has lots of running plans and programs. I always like to have some sort of race or goal on the horizon so that I stick to my running plan. Keeps it exciting. I really don't know about any running trails around BLT, but I bet if you head to the WISH boards and ask the question people might come up with some.

So there are a few things I want to pick up for our trip. I haven't looked in my Disney box to see what I need to restock yet.

Shoes - we're all good. I stocked up on Teva Mush Flip Flops and Hurricanes last year, Mickey crocs, and AK has her beloved rainbows. Brad likes the Tevas he got, so I think we are set.

Bags - Ak has a Vera mini-hipster, which is perfect for her sunglasses, camera, ipod, and I have her carry wipes, gum, hand sanitizer, and sunscreen mini packs, too. Sophie has a little Tink messenger purse to keep her odds and ends in.

I have a black baggalini, and it worked really, really well. Goes with everything, comfy, lots of pockets.

We are carrying our Maclaren stroller, and it has a little organizer bag that is great for water bottles and such. We also discovered that a reusable, small tote bag is great for the underneath storage, as it catches everything, great for small stuff we don't mind being left in the stroller while it is parked, and is easy to clean out the bottom to fold it for buses.

We celebrated DH's birthday last night, and I got him a small digi camcorder. We've been wanting one, it will be so nice. We took no video last year b/c we didn't want to lug around the extra camera.

Last year, I got the girls a couple of really cute dresses off etsy. The ones they wore to Chef Mickeys were one of them. Anna Kat has decided that she is too cool for those this year, I barely got her in them last year. I hope I can get her to wear one to CM, but I won't push any other times. They both have several Disney shirts they can wear, and I got Sophie some sundresses from hanna andersson a few weeks ago on sale. However, I really like disney themed stuff when we are there.

Here are some I like. Just linking to the pages. I really don't want a lot of extra fabric due to heat and stroller, so I am going for simpler dresses instead of costumes. What do you think?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/4495987...&ga_page=2&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.ph...es&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

http://www.etsy.com/listing/4478587...&ga_page=2&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

http://www.etsy.com/listing/4359096...&ga_page=4&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

http://www.etsy.com/listing/4269119...&ga_page=8&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

Hi, I'm here. :wave2:

Anyone with any Epcot EMH nighttime strategies?

I'd like to hear the answer to this question too. I am going to Epcot EMH a different day, but I'm not sure how to handle it.

Waiting for the flame throwing - we didn't get the TSM hype. :confused3 .

No, flame throwing here. We, too, don't get the TSM hype. Although we do have it for the Wii and like it. We'll ride once with a FP. I'll get that while the others ride ToT first.

Also, the heat last year was brutal. Every morning when we turned on the local news, they would talk about the heat wave breaking records. I figure there is no way it could be worse. :scared1:

You were right, we are eating at many of the same places just a different night. The only thing we have in common is the MK EMH on Tues. This is our departure day:sad2:

Your plans sound amazing. You are so much farther ahead of me. Maybe this will be the inspiration to get my touring plans done.:confused3

Can't wait to hear more.

Hi, I'm here. :wave2:

No, flame throwing here. We, too, don't get the TSM hype. Although we do have it for the Wii and like it. We'll ride once with a FP. I'll get that while the others ride ToT first.

Also, the heat last year was brutal. Every morning when we turned on the local news, they would talk about the heat wave breaking records. I figure there is no way it could be worse. :scared1:

Your plans sound amazing. You are so much farther ahead of me. Maybe this will be the inspiration to get my touring plans done.:confused3

Can't wait to hear more.

We almost got trampled by the Bazilian Brazilians, and the FP lines were insane because of their huge stacks of tix, so we decided to totally skip it this year. I can NOW say - there is always next year!

We had friends there in the heat wave in June. They talked about how bad it was, but to me, it was 97 with 98% humidity or something like that. I think once you get like that, hot is hot! That's why we are trying for the EMH's this year, hopefully to take breaks in the middle of the day.

Planning is my fix! I am seriously thinking about subscribing to ridemax again. We did it last year, and it worked great! It was very useful in helping me realize what we could fit in a time frame. BUT, I don't want to rush from attraction to attraction, either. Where oh where is the happy medium?

SO, as I was browsing pics from last year to put in, I found some that we'll never get again. So here is my photo montage of gone but not forgottens. I've already put in waking up Tink, so sad that's gone!

P1010959.jpg

P1010964.jpg

P1010967.jpg

We had friends there in the heat wave in June. They talked about how bad it was, but to me, it was 97 with 98% humidity or something like that. I think once you get like that, hot is hot! That's why we are trying for the EMH's this year, hopefully to take breaks in the middle of the day.

Planning is my fix! I am seriously thinking about subscribing to ridemax again. We did it last year, and it worked great! It was very useful in helping me realize what we could fit in a time frame. BUT, I don't want to rush from attraction to attraction, either. Where oh where is the happy medium?

On our AK day last year, the heat index was 110.:scared1:

I've never done ridemax. However, I am going to get the verizon ap for the parks on my phone. I've heard some great reviews from the people here on the Dis who have used it.

Love the pics of Ariel and your girls.:cloud9:

On our AK day last year, the heat index was 110.:scared1:

I've never done ridemax. However, I am going to get the verizon ap for the parks on my phone. I've heard some great reviews from the people here on the Dis who have used it.

Love the pics of Ariel and your girls.:cloud9:

110!!!????? I meant to say that it was 97 in July, I knew it was very hot for a week in June last year, that must have been when you went! How did you deal with it?:scared1:

110!!!????? I meant to say that it was 97 in July, I knew it was very hot for a week in June last year, that must have been when you went! How did you deal with it?:scared1:

We took long afternoon breaks and didn't get to do everything. We only rode Dinosaur once and never did get to see FOTLK. We didn't walk the trails either. I did not feel well that day. We called it an early day. I remember that was the night we ate at Chef Mickey's and that was great. We stayed at WL, so we were just a short boat ride away.

You make do, but I kept saying to myself. WE ARE AT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

Love the Exposition Hall pictures! So sad we never made it in there. I was planning on it this trip, but that is not going to happen:rolleyes1 I was there during that heat wave in June last year! It was hot. All the CMs kept telling us it was really hot for June. But we managed just fine. We went to the parks in the morning, hit air conditioning when we could, went swimming in the afternoons and went back to the parks in the evening. I thought it was great! But it was hot! I compared our park plans. None of our days match up, but who knows. Maybe we'll spot you on the monorail or something!

Just joining in
Those Dresses are soooooooo cute-and affordable!
We will be down there the same time frame-june 21-27 staying at CR
We played with the idea of renting points and staying in Bay Lake Tower-but DS
has always wanted to stay in CR and since this trip is to celebrate his HS graduation he got his wish
Your plans look great
Oh and we are also driving from Va-10 or so hours

We took long afternoon breaks and didn't get to do everything. We only rode Dinosaur once and never did get to see FOTLK. We didn't walk the trails either. I did not feel well that day. We called it an early day. I remember that was the night we ate at Chef Mickey's and that was great. We stayed at WL, so we were just a short boat ride away.

You make do, but I kept saying to myself. WE ARE AT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

That's a great motto!

Love the Exposition Hall pictures! So sad we never made it in there. I was planning on it this trip, but that is not going to happen:rolleyes1 I was there during that heat wave in June last year! It was hot. All the CMs kept telling us it was really hot for June. But we managed just fine. We went to the parks in the morning, hit air conditioning when we could, went swimming in the afternoons and went back to the parks in the evening. I thought it was great! But it was hot! I compared our park plans. None of our days match up, but who knows. Maybe we'll spot you on the monorail or something!

That's true, I'll have to ingrain your pictures to memory!!!! It was just a fluke we went to Expo Hall, we had a cert. for a free photopass picture, so while we waited, I took the girls to the back for pictures. Glad I did, now!

Just joining in
Those Dresses are soooooooo cute-and affordable!
We will be down there the same time frame-june 21-27 staying at CR
We played with the idea of renting points and staying in Bay Lake Tower-but DS
has always wanted to stay in CR and since this trip is to celebrate his HS graduation he got his wish
Your plans look great
Oh and we are also driving from Va-10 or so hours

We are in SW VA, but it averages 12 with potty and stretching leg breaks! Maybe we'll run into you sometime! I do love those dresses! I might end up getting all the ones I posted. :idea:

So, now that I have some ideas for dresses for DD2, I am moving on the rest of my stuff! Here's what I have on my shopping list so far:

From Amazon:
memory cards for camcorder and digital camera
extra battery for camcorder

From etsy:
dresses for DD2, I need to get her measurements, make my final selections

Sierra Trading Post:
See if they have new teva mushes for the girls - NOT IN THEIR SIZE. :(

From mousepinsonline :
Pins for the girls. We kind of got into this a little last year. I got some really inexpensive pins for the girls, and gave them one each morning that was symbolic of a character/park we were going to that day. I'd also like to pick up a grab bag of pins for them to trade. They have a grab bag of 25 for $45. That seems like a lot, so I am thinking maybe give them 5 each to trade, and then keep the rest. That should have us set for the next 5 years!!!

Pre order Photopass CD
Last year we were the photopass stalkers, and I got a lot of great pics.

Disney Store:
Keep checking for cheap t's for the family

For me:
I am now down 39 pounds. So I am going to be in need of clothes. I am going to have to try these on, to find out the size, so not sure when/where I'll do this.

Dollar Store: Replenish needs from vacation box. I'll go through this soon.

Looks like you are prepared! Are there smaller lots offered on mousepinsonline? Congrats on being down 39 pounds! That is just awesome!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter