Going to kidnap Tink and her pixie dust - June PTR! Updated 6/15 Almost there!

I hated that one in four seasons closed, it was our favorite!!! Also the closest to us.. We must be really close, I am in Patrick county! I love the deals on disneystore.com, though!

we are in Pittsylvania county and yes we are close you are just on the other side of Henry county
I am going to check out the deals on disneystore.com

we are in Pittsylvania county and yes we are close you are just on the other side of Henry county
I am going to check out the deals on disneystore.com

As an Averett graduate, with nephews at Twin Springs and Tunstall Middle - Hello! That's too funny!

As an Averett graduate, with nephews at Twin Springs and Tunstall Middle - Hello! That's too funny!

Oh My Goodness--it is a small world after all--no pun intended:rotfl:
My kids attend/graduated from Chatham HS
Good going on the photo pass pre-order--it really is a savings isn't it?

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I had oral surgery last week, and my final exam is due for my Master's class on Tuesday. Once it is over, watch out - THE PLANNING BEGINS!!!!

I am getting more and more excited, and my planner is filled with to-do lists!

So, I needed to get some "techie" stuff, which always leads to an amazon order for me. I was out of printer ink, which totally is not Disney related, but anyway.

I ordered a new memory card for the camera, a memory stick for the camcorder, and an extra battery and charger for the camcorder. Already have an extra for the camera.

This week I finally broke down and ordered myself a laptop. I've been putting it off for a year now, and it's becoming apparent with grad school that I need one. I'll be taking it to WDW, as DVC we can access the internet for free.:cool1:

DH, Anna Kat, and I all have Ipod touches, but there is only wired ethernet. So I ordered a travel router for DH as a surprise for Father's Day. He will be really excited, and we'll use it a lot when we travel for DD's gymnastics meets, too.

That led me to thinking about putting together a Father's Day gift basket to give to DH when we get there. I might give him the router early, so he has some time to figure it out. Otherwise, we'll never get out of the room! We are checking in on Father's Day, so I want to put something together for him to open after his dinner at Ohana.

He's not a huge drinker, but appreciates international beers, especially on hot days. I thought about getting a good friend's DH that shares the same appreciation ;)to get 1 or 2 of several different ones that he likes. I hate beer, so I'd be no good. I am trying to think of other fun stuff to do for him, all trip related of course, but I am kind of stuck!

I did the whole Mickey's Welcome thing from the Disney Florist last year, and it was great, but I don't know that I want to go the route of $100 for a bucket of beer from them. I will probably put together some welcome bags for the girls with gum, their pins I ordered for trading, maybe even pressed penny books if I can find them, gift cards to spend, maybe a few dollar store trinkets. I want to get some collapsible baskets for the room, and thought I'd just bag those up in there.

DH might like a new WDW hat, although he prefers to proudly proclaim himself a Hokie. He wants to tour, eat, and get lots of rest and swim time. Not real sure what I can add to help him out, other than the DxDP I already did.

Any ideas?

I'm definitely not one to ask about what to do for Father's Day. I'm actually taking my 3 kids and abandoning my husband for Disney World that weekend. Of course now that I think about it a week all by myself sounds like a pretty great gift;) I'm sure both your DH and your kids will love whatever you come up with!

Our last trip we got DH a massage at the GFSpa--don't know if this is something he would like but mine sure did--he spent the rest of the day with a HUGE grin on his face:lovestruc
In fact he is getting the same thing only from a place at home--cost is so much more affordable:)
Glad you are feeling better from the surgery and good luck on your upcoming final

Only 9 more days until I can preorder the photopass CD! Last year we were the photopass stalkers, and got some really great photos. For us, it is definitely worth the investment!

Here is the link for a pre-order discount:
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

Did you know that you can call DVC for a discount code, too? They'll email it to you, you apply it to the pre-order, and it saves you another $50, making the pre-ordered CD a whopping $49. You just have to call member services and ask for it. :thumbsup2

Did you know that you can call DVC for a discount code, too? They'll email it to you, you apply it to the pre-order, and it saves you another $50, making the pre-ordered CD a whopping $49. You just have to call member services and ask for it. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reminder. I had heard that, but forgot it. Sounds great! Is there a trick to entering both on the website?

I was browsing for disney Father's Day ideas, and found this website that I have never heard of before.

https://yourwdwstore.3dcartstores.com/

They have WDW items I haven't seen from the Disney store online, like the Mickey Rice Krispie treats my girls LOVE, pressed penny books, etc. It does seem like some things are WAY overpriced, they are actually selling the celebrate buttons that you get there for $3.00, but I think the Krispie treats are the same as you pay at WDW, maybe $1.00 more. They have lots of Goofy's Candy Shop treats, too. Still nothing for DH is striking me.

I did think about a massage, but fitting one in the schedule might be the trick!

The photopass website defaulted to the $99 offer for me, so I just entered the DVC code, and it changed the price to $49.

Well, that deal is no longer working. No more DVC codes, as of last week. :rolleyes:

Did a little online shopping yesterday. Disney store had some sundresses for $10, tees and tanks for $5-7. I decided to go that route rather than those adorable ETSY dresses. Trying to save a little money since I had to pay for that oral surgery last month!

I got Sophie 3 sundresses, and AK a tank and a tee, myself and DH a couple of t's, the mickey ears family decals that I have been wanting, and some WDW hoodies for $20 each for the girls for Christmas.

Last year we went so crazy on souvies, I really want to try to cut down on that this year! I told the girls to pick one or 2 things they really want. I have to get something with the castle on it, and DH probably won't want anything. Last year he got a hat. :rolleyes:

I got a few things at WalMart this weekend, also, to organize my room, cuz I'm OCD like that!
*3 section small popup laundry hamper to contain the shoes.
*a collapsible drawer organizer. Thought it would be good to drop wallets, lanyards, etc. in when we go back in the room.
* also picked up a little first aid box, chapstick, straws for the refillable mugs (easier to pack than a sippie for Sophie), ibuprofen for kids and adults, travel size febreeze, shampoo and conditioner, stickers for the girls, and twistable crayons for the road trip!

Getting closer! 39 days.:cool1: Still haven't ordered the photopass CD. I am kind of having second thoughts. $100 is still a lot, but we did get good use of it last year. It was nice to have family pictures, and the vain me wants pics since I've lost weight! :laughing: I've got a few days to make that decision.

I say go for it with the CD. They say you can always get a refund if you don't end up with pictures you like. Plus you deserve to show off that weight loss:thumbsup2

flipflopmom, I saw your pre-tr in your sig. We are VT fans as well and will be at WDW on June 16. If you see a big guy in his VT t-shirt surrounded by a wife and 2 girls, be sure to say "Hi!"

flipflopmom, I saw your pre-tr in your sig. We are VT fans as well and will be at WDW on June 16. If you see a big guy in his VT t-shirt surrounded by a wife and 2 girls, be sure to say "Hi!"

HEY_THAT COULD BE US!!!!!!!!!!!!! DH is a big guy, sure to have on a VT hat, surrounded by wife and a 10 yr. old a 3 year old!!!! What days are you doing which parks!

We must live pretty close to each other, too! We're about an hour south of VT.

Just read your whole PTR! We are in VA too, up by DC. We were planning on driving, but DH's job changed and he couldn't be gone as long as we had initially planned so we broke down and are flying again. Of course, flying on the weekends was prohibitive so we "had" to add on days before and after our planned trip at BLT! DH is flying in later and leaving earlier.

Those Etsy dresses are adorable! But $10 Disney store dresses are a really good value!

So jealous of your BLT purchase! We stayed there last year right when it first opened and loved it (we had a 40% off code.) This year we were fortunate enough to get the code as well, so DH said go for it! Unless we are able to get codes again in the future, it will be back to a regular room at the CR for us. No way would I get DH to buy into DVC :sad1:

Be sure to update with how your trip went and especially how you did on the DDPL with the weight loss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter