• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil is still said to be coming pre 2021.
With Brazil still in financial problems, even looking for the Olympics to help bail them out from the money they still owe, who's going to pay for it?

With Brazil still in financial problems, even looking for the Olympics to help bail them out from the money they still owe, who's going to pay for it?

The Brazilian Tour Groups. Add a special tax on their vacation packages. :) That should cover the complete cost of the pavilion.

Personally, I'm very happy over the Guardians news, since Universe of Energy has been junk for a very long time. On the Ratatouille front, I never really liked that movie, so I'm kind of "mehhh" about that news, but since it does mean another ride in World Showcase, it's good.

The South Florida Water Management Department (SFWMD) permit related to Ratatouille officially changed it's status to "Complete" today. Expiration on the 5.7 acre project permit appears to be automatically set at five years (7-17-2022).

Brazil themselves aren't funding the bill but they do not have to. Disney and or corporations involved with Brazil can.

The area in the concept art is behind the France pavilion. You will walk along the path to the right of he France pavilion and it will take u to this with the Rat ride being straight ahead and taking up the lot next to France. It is confusing but the current pavilion will stay intact while this is added behind and next to it

This. The queue will start on the canal side/right side and wrap around the back of the present France pavilion to the ride building which will be built between France and Morocco.

EDIT-never mind I see the diagram has already been posted.

Last edited:
In a conversation with my dad, an idea came up about this idea of Peter Quill visiting Epcot in the 1980's. What if the premise of the ride is traveling back in time to Epcot Center, exploring what we thought the future would be back then, likely with witty banter. Maybe even a portion of the ride being a brief recreation of Horizons. Just a thought. I'm curious for those out there, what kind of experience could they create that you feel would be true to Epcot's spirit.

In a conversation with my dad, an idea came up about this idea of Peter Quill visiting Epcot in the 1980's. What if the premise of the ride is traveling back in time to Epcot Center, exploring what we thought the future would be back then, likely with witty banter. Maybe even a portion of the ride being a brief recreation of Horizons. Just a thought. I'm curious for those out there, what kind of experience could they create that you feel would be true to Epcot's spirit.

That would be a nice homage to the original EPCOT spirit/intent. Hope the imagineers are reading your idea.

The best thing is adding more rides to split up the rope drop crowd. The additions of GotG and the Rat(along with FEA) will take some of the load off Soarin' and TT.

Also, adds an IG entrance area ride for the additional load, at that gate, from the gondolas.

New France.PNG
The concept art is behind. The image I posted shows you how everything sets up. France is getting a major expansion here.

I think it more like this......I could be wrong but I think it is more cohesive with the concept design.

With the new "Guardians" ride it feels like alien overload now. All 4 parks have alien stuff/crap, I wish they would have went with something else. But ohhh well... what's a 38 year old boy to do?

I guess I can live with it. Besides I don't want to be the only one chained to Ellen's energy, that would look strange. Looking at the bright side at least it will make people go left in the morning. I will no longer have to push children and old ladies into the bushes... Hey I need to get to "Living with the Land".

I'm happy about Ratatouille though, I have been wanting that one for a long time. Daddy likes.

Quite the opposite reaction here! My 39 year old boy (husband) loves all things Marvel and is stoked about this!

The best thing is adding more rides to split up the rope drop crowd. The additions of GotG and the Rat(along with FEA) will take some of the load off Soarin' and TT.

Also, adds an IG entrance area ride for the additional load, at that gate, from the gondolas.
I laughed outloud at seeing it called The Rat. I hope that one sticks.

I'm really excited for new love going into Epcot. It's long past time.

Quite the opposite reaction here! My 39 year old boy (husband) loves all things Marvel and is stoked about this!

I love Marvel as well, but it seems like "Guardians" doesn't belong in Epcot. It feels more like a Hollywood thing. I'm alright with IP's, but this one feels like a square peg in a round hole.

I would have rather seen "Tron", "Wall-E" and "Inside Out" built somewhere in Futureworld.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter