Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/09/construction-begun-epcots-ratatouille-ride-france-pavilion/

I can't imagine this taking more than 2 years if they're starting now. I'm wagering this is ready when Skyliner and SW:GE go live. Would be a nice guest draw to Epcot when a lot of foot traffic will be headed to DHS.
I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention because this is the first I remember hearing "part of a larger expansion of the France Pavilion that will include new shopping, dining, and more."

I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention because this is the first I remember hearing "part of a larger expansion of the France Pavilion that will include new shopping, dining, and more."

Oh man, can we get Bistrot Chez Remy? How many TS restaurants can one country pavilion hold?

I don't believe we are getting a new major dining experience but could see some sort of quick service option.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/09/construction-begun-epcots-ratatouille-ride-france-pavilion/

I can't imagine this taking more than 2 years if they're starting now. I'm wagering this is ready when Skyliner and SW:GE go live. Would be a nice guest draw to Epcot when a lot of foot traffic will be headed to DHS.

I think the article is just quoting the only thing Disney has said so far about a date:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...laxy-ratatouille-attractions-coming-to-epcot/

"According to Disney leaders, both attractions will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021."

The ride will be completely indoors.
And I thought rteetz was the heartbreaker in the rumor section :p (that post made me laugh the other day)

Now I hope it doesn’t go upside down, but I feel it’s extremely likely.

I will say follow fly updates at phantasialand since that is the prototype for this ride IF it is a flying coaster and if it is made by vekoma

And I thought rteetz was the heartbreaker in the rumor section :p (that post made me laugh the other day)

Now I hope it doesn’t go upside down, but I feel it’s extremely likely.

I will say follow fly updates at phantasialand since that is the prototype for this ride IF it is a flying coaster and if it is made by vekoma

I really hope it does go upside down! I think Disney needs another coaster that does some loops or corkscrews. I'm all about the family rides, but what they consider to be "thrill" rides have yet to be thrilling to me. I haven't ridden FOP yet so I'm hoping my stomach drops a little with that one.

I really hope it does go upside down! I think Disney needs another coaster that does some loops or corkscrews. I'm all about the family rides, but what they consider to be "thrill" rides have yet to be thrilling to me. I haven't ridden FOP yet so I'm hoping my stomach drops a little with that one.

I'm one of those people that things every Disney park needs one solid coaster for the tween and up crowd. I think RnRC is fine at DHS and is the model I'm talking about. Not the giant things you see at Six Flags, but a solid themed, thrilling, upside down, corkscrew, decent drop type ride. I don't think any of the other parks really have one, though EE comes close. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Disney to be a coaster park in the slightest. I'm happy to let IoA have that title in Orlando, though SeaWorld has some good ones too! But I think Disney would benefit, in each park, with one real thrill ride. So if Guardians fills that slot, that's fine by me.

Well, it can be thrilling without going upside down - and I don't think it needs to be super extreme or anything, but something that definitely gives you that sense of quick movement and being a bit out of control that they have in the films. And the films are rated PG-13 so hopefully that is the target area and not feeling like it has to be ok for 5 year olds. (though, ideally they would have 2 attractions in there - one more thrilling and then one family ride as I think the # of rides the entire family can do together is a big separator for Disney vs other parks)

having ridden FoP I will say after getting off both times I did feel it in my stomach a little bit - during the ride the movements are so smooth and well synced to the video that it doesn't really give off that sense of motion sickness - I felt it more after (nothing too bad though)

I'm one of those people that things every Disney park needs one solid coaster for the tween and up crowd. I think RnRC is fine at DHS and is the model I'm talking about. Not the giant things you see at Six Flags, but a solid themed, thrilling, upside down, corkscrew, decent drop type ride. I don't think any of the other parks really have one, though EE comes close. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Disney to be a coaster park in the slightest. I'm happy to let IoA have that title in Orlando, though SeaWorld has some good ones too! But I think Disney would benefit, in each park, with one real thrill ride. So if Guardians fills that slot, that's fine by me.

I agree with everything you said. RnRC has an awesome first launch and some good corkscrews. I didn't think EE was all what it was cracked up to be. I was pretty excited to ride it for the first time because I read from some people how they thought it was one of the most thrilling roller coasters in the area. I just didn't get any "thrill" from it. That doesn't mean it's a bad ride, it just doesn't fall under the thrilling category for my personal preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter