Guess who has the best selling jersey in the NFL as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, standing for the anthem is POLITICAL?!

Given the high volume of active duty service members and veterans in my real life and on my social media who are applauding this means of peaceful protest, that they fought for, I'd say it sure can be.

It's nice to live in a country were displays of patriotism are not compulsory like they are in some brutal regimes across the world. Our military fights for our right of expression, and I'm so grateful.

I honestly don't know anything about the players, I adore me some Mike Tomlin (dhs for life,lol) but I do know that this particular player is former military, I am from a military family, so even now, it is still ingrained in me to do what he did with the anthem.

I have no issue with what others did either.

Given the high volume of active duty service members and veterans in my real life and on my social media who are applauding this means of peaceful protest, that they fought for, I'd say it sure can be.

It's nice to live in a country were displays of patriotism are not compulsory like they are in some brutal regimes across the world. Our military fights for our right of expression, and I'm so grateful.

I think this bears repeating.

Isn't that like saying so and so has the "world's best coffee"?
I mean maybe it is the world's best coffee, but is there really some organization keeping track?

I'm sorry, but with the prices of NFL jerseys, I won't be contributing to anyone's jersey sales. $100+ is awful steep. Baseball jerseys are even worse...I took the family to an Atlanta Braves game on Friday, only because the Phillies were in town. It was our first trip to the new ballpark here. Tickets were $5 each, and parking was only $10 (though we had to walk a long way). Awesome!! Get inside the stadium and just browsing around...jerseys are $150-$200! :scared: OMG...

So, standing for the anthem is POLITICAL?!

Actually in the case of the NFL, it is. But what people should be outraged about is that it was even more about money. You see it was not standard practice for the players to come out for the anthem until 2009. Prior to that, the Superbowl had the players out. But not the regular season. And why was it changed? A marketing strategy. Further, the NFL was actually paid to have some of these elaborate ceremonies of "heartfelt" patriotism. Other sports leagues were paid too. These included enlistment ceremonies, military appreciation nights, welcome home ceremonies.
Sorry to burst any bubbles and make them feel like Ralphie after he discovers the message for his decoder is be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Last edited:
This is a blatantly political post and I can counter with the name of a player who has been consistently selling jerseys all year despite not being on a team roster...

I would truthfully LOVE to discuss this topic with y'all on the Disboards, because I suspect many of you do not share my opinion, and it's nice to not live in an echo chamber. That being said, I don't think this conversation can happen under the current board rules. And this thread title was certainly a politically-charged way of starting the conversation.

So? I mean really what point are you trying to make? Why does it have to be one against the other thing? Can't people understand and support those who stood for the anthem and also those who didn't? Shouldn't we all want a country where people can make such choices?
Instead of being a country that forces people to stand for our anthem, shouldn't we want to be a country that inspires people to stand for our anthem?

I'm sorry, but with the prices of NFL jerseys, I won't be contributing to anyone's jersey sales. $100+ is awful steep. Baseball jerseys are even worse...I took the family to an Atlanta Braves game on Friday, only because the Phillies were in town. It was our first trip to the new ballpark here. Tickets were $5 each, and parking was only $10 (though we had to walk a long way). Awesome!! Get inside the stadium and just browsing around...jerseys are $150-$200! :scared: OMG...

Back in the day, I was crazy into hockey, jerseys were expensive for me then, but my bf bought me a Washington Capitals and I had it forever.

Now I am at the mall and want to see how jerseys cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter