Guess who has the best selling jersey in the NFL as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I thought the answer was Jake Elliott.
ap_images_-_jake_elliott_celly.jpg

Woohoo!!!!! FLY EAGLES FLY...ON THE ROAD TO VICTORY!!!!!!!!!! E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!

Go Birds!!!!

I think some here cheering Villanueva are projecting their feelings on him. Let's see if they continue to applaud him after reading this:

-------------------------------------------------

(talking about Colin K. Bolding mine)

Alejandro Villanueva: That’s the very tough question that everybody is trying to answer right now. Does he not have a job because of his qualities, or does he not have a job because something is affecting him based on what he did last year? I think as players, as Americans, everybody wants to believe that it is because of his abilities. I have no idea what a quarterback is supposed to do on the field. I haven’t looked at his tape. I don’t know the thought process behind ratings. I don’t know any of those things. It would be very unfortunate if a player was trying to voice his feelings, his opinions, in a peaceful protest, and because of that he got punished. At the same time, this is also a business. There is money involved. People are trying to make money off the NFL.

I absolutely think he was very brave for what he did. I don’t necessarily agree with the fact he kneeled down for the national anthem. I also don’t understand every single circumstance going on in his life.

<snip>

"But I don’t have all the answers to all the questions. I don’t even know how he plays as a quarterback. I don’t even know what system fits him. Again, I think he was very brave for taking the chance and doing something, frankly, not a lot of people would have dared to do. I don’t know if it was effective or not. I don’t know if the fact he was kneeling down was a bigger issue, and people got focused on that and not the fact he was trying to raise awareness. In my opinion, I have an African-American coach, and 90 percent of the team is African American. So I hear these issues nonstop. I don’t have to have somebody kneel down for the national anthem. But if somebody, maybe you learn something from them, then I guess it is justified."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nick-at-training-camp/?utm_term=.8d740d9749eb

Last edited:

All I have is a question for anyone who thinks kneeing is disrespecting the flag...

Do any of you own a piece of clothing with the red, white, and blue on it? How about a napkin or a paper plate that’s used during a picnic? A pillow or blanket? Guess what? Those are all against the official flag code too

Oh, so is unfurling those giant flags on the field..the flag is never supposed to be flown horizontally.

Don’t believe me? Check out the text of the flag code.

Last edited:
I think some here cheering Villanueva foare projecting their feelings on him. Let's see if they continue to applaud him after reading this:

-------------------------------------------------

(talking about Colin K. Bolding mine)

Alejandro Villanueva: That’s the very tough question that everybody is trying to answer right now. Does he not have a job because of his qualities, or does he not have a job because something is affecting him based on what he did last year? I think as players, as Americans, everybody wants to believe that it is because of his abilities. I have no idea what a quarterback is supposed to do on the field. I haven’t looked at his tape. I don’t know the thought process behind ratings. I don’t know any of those things. It would be very unfortunate if a player was trying to voice his feelings, his opinions, in a peaceful protest, and because of that he got punished. At the same time, this is also a business. There is money involved. People are trying to make money off the NFL.

I absolutely think he was very brave for what he did. I don’t necessarily agree with the fact he kneeled down for the national anthem. I also don’t understand every single circumstance going on in his life.

<snip>

"But I don’t have all the answers to all the questions. I don’t even know how he plays as a quarterback. I don’t even know what system fits him. Again, I think he was very brave for taking the chance and doing something, frankly, not a lot of people would have dared to do. I don’t know if it was effective or not. I don’t know if the fact he was kneeling down was a bigger issue, and people got focused on that and not the fact he was trying to raise awareness. In my opinion, I have an African-American coach, and 90 percent of the team is African American. So I hear these issues nonstop. I don’t have to have somebody kneel down for the national anthem. But if somebody, maybe you learn something from them, then I guess it is justified."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nick-at-training-camp/?utm_term=.8d740d9749eb

It doesn't matter. Unfortunately the people who should read this and think about what he's saying won't do it. They just will continue to hear what they want and believe what they want.

It doesn't matter. Unfortunately the people who should read this and think about what he's saying won't do it. They just will continue to hear what they want and believe what they want.
Just like an earlier poster mentioned about how people should be inspired to stand for the anthem, protest should be an attempt to coax or change hearts. This kneeling is not the way.

All I have is a question for anyone’s who thinks kneeing is disrespecting the flag...

Do any of you own a piece of clothing with the red, white, and blue on it? How about a napkin or a paper plate that’s used during a picnic? A pillow or blanket? Guess what? Those are all against the official flag code too.

Oh, so is unfurling those giant flags on the field..the flag is never supposed to be flown horizontally.

Don’t believe me? Check out the text of the flag code.

I think people have their own feelings about why kneeling is disrespectful. Maybe for some it is about the actual flag, maybe its about what it represents, maybe its for all those who died defending it, or those who are currently risking their lives and giving up their normal every day life to defend it. There isn't just one black and white reason why people feel it is disrespectful.

I think people have their own feelings about why kneeling is disrespectful. Maybe for some it is about the actual flag, maybe its about what it represents, maybe its for all those who died defending it, or those who are currently risking their lives and giving up their normal every day life to defend it. There isn't just one black and white reason why people feel it is disrespectful.

Of course people have various reasons for feeling the way they do. When it comes to many of the arguments about it being disrespectful, I feel like it's just excuses because they disagree with what the kneeling is about. Those that were kneeling prior to this weekend dust-up, explained their reasons over and over, explained they weren't doing it to be disrespectful of our military. It didn't matter how many times they explained because some people don't want to hear the issues to begin with.

Why can't we as a society have discussions about tough issues?

Adults can be such children.

Because if you were to record a police interaction (for example) and play the video for 100 different people, you'll get 100 different opinions on what they saw. And nobody wants to admit they're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter