Guess who has the best selling jersey in the NFL as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I created this thread was to start a conversation about the kneeling as it had not been discussed here, and to bring more credence to this great demonstration and my support for it.

You’re projecting your own feelings towards what you think Villanueva was doing. There was no demonstration on his part. He agreed with the rest of the team that he wouldn’t be out on the field, but he wanted a peek from the tunnel. The whole team agreed to that in order to take themselves out of the spotlight as to who would take a knee, or do whatever. He merely found himself caught leaving the tunnel with everyone moving around to the point where he though it would look bad if he retreated back into the tunnel.

Of course people have various reasons for feeling the way they do. When it comes to many of the arguments about it being disrespectful, I feel like it's just excuses because they disagree with what the kneeling is about. Those that were kneeling prior to this weekend dust-up, explained their reasons over and over, explained they weren't doing it to be disrespectful of our military. It didn't matter how many times they explained because some people don't want to hear the issues to begin with.

I feel very differently. I feel many of the people have no issue with what he is protesting, or his right to protest, they have an issue with how they are choosing to protest. The act of kneeling to them is seen as disrespectful (for whatever reason).
I also think that no matter how many times that is said, people don't want to listen because they have their minds made up about those who disagree with the keeling.

DKnMCZsWkAAKEDV.jpg:large

I find it hilarious when Tim Tebow took a kneee to prayer he was told to keep his opinions off the field. This idiots are encouraged to act badly.
Just curious, did you support Tebow’s prayer displays or are you including him in the group of ‘idiots’?

I feel very differently. I feel many of the people have no issue with what he is protesting, or his right to protest, they have an issue with how they are choosing to protest. The act of kneeling to them is seen as disrespectful (for whatever reason).
I also think that no matter how many times that is said, people don't want to listen because they have their minds made up about those who disagree with the keeling.

What I see time and time again when it comes to protests are people who try shutting down the conversation by saying they disagree with the manner of protest. It happens on just about every thread here when protests or protester are the subject. Some people just find a reason to disagree with any form of protest. Ok, you (general you, not you specifically) have made it clear that you don't like the way x is protesting or calling attention to a certain subject; why can't we move past that and talk about the issue being protested? Someone doesn't like the kneeling, ok they don't have to but don't harp on that as an excuse to dismiss the issues behind the kneeling.

These guys are quiet. It doesn't get any quieter than kneeling quietly. They didn't turn their backs on the flag. There is no greater show of subservience or supplication than kneeling. This is in no way a show of disrespect for the flag or veterans...if anything, quiet peaceful protest is the greatest thanks a soldier who fought for those rights can be shown. Using those hard fought rights. Whether you agree with the sentiment behind the protest or not.

That said, I don't watch football or any sports. I have no idea why the anthem even needs to be played before the start of a domestic sports team's game.

Frankly, I think the Cowboys choice to kneel then stand as a team was a stroke of genius.

I'm a very non-political person, and as I said before, I just want to turn on football to watch football. But I do agree that, as much as I hate the Cowboys, I have to give them credit. I thought what they did was very well done...but that's just my own opinion.

Only thing I kneel for is DW... :worship: LOL

What I see time and time again when it comes to protests are people who try shutting down the conversation by saying they disagree with the manner of protest. It happens on just about every thread here when protests or protester are the subject. Some people just find a reason to disagree with any form of protest. Ok, you (general you, not you specifically) have made it clear that you don't like the way x is protesting or calling attention to a certain subject; why can't we move past that and talk about the issue being protested? Someone doesn't like the kneeling, ok they don't have to but don't harp on that as an excuse to dismiss the issues behind the kneeling.

As much as I would love to share my thoughts I think it is best I keep my mouth shut on this one. This thread has remained open, which shocks the heck out of me and I dont want to say anything that may get it closed. I feel I can't not be more political from here so I will just have to leave you with, I really do wish we could all (at every level) stop the bickering, arguing, doing this to spite eachother, and just come together and try to work out something that is best for all of us.

I find it hilarious when Tim Tebow took a kneee to prayer he was told to keep his opinions off the field. This idiots are encouraged to act badly.

A few people have posted similar thoughts in my FB and I find that... bizarre. I don't remember hearing anyone complain about Tim Tebow. Surely, some people did, because some people complain about literally anything at all. But there certainly wasn't any general hue and cry over it. And, more to the point, the President of the United States didn't say diddly about Tebow's kneeling. All sorts of players make the sign of the cross or a kiss to God or something when they play. Trying to pretend that Tebow got any sort of the blowback that Kapernick did is disingenuous at best.

I'm a Notre Dame alum - you can't get any more God and football than that. Plenty of people hate ND football, but I don't think it's because of Touchdown Jesus or First Down Moses (mostly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter