Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

I never see mention of Sea and Suds, is it still there, still good?

I ate there a year and a half ago after not having been for a decade or so. Guess it's still there since it's been there for a long time.

It was okay but not my cup of tea. When I go to the coast on vacation, I generally want to eat seafood that is NOT fried. I'll take blackened, broiled, grilled, even steamed but I try to stay away from fried because fried shrimp tastes like fried shrimp no matter where you are. And SnS didn't have much to offer to me that wasn't fried. If you want a burger or sandwich, they got those of course.

For those that don't know, SnS sits out on stilts over the beach facing the Gulf with condos behind it and the beach highway behind that. There is no parking on the Gulf side of the highway so you have to park in their lot on the far side (north side) of the beach highway and cross a 5-lane highway and then walk between the condos. I'm sure the view is nice if you are outside or on the window. We went at night and were seated inside away from any window.

Denise, if it's a favorite of yours, then just shake your head and say "Ed doesn't know what he's talking about" :sad2:. But maybe someone else can try it out next month and offer up a different opinion. Or maybe 5er or Flametamr have eaten there more recently since they are both in LA.

Ed

PS - Sea n Suds and Pink Pony are two food places that are similar in that they are restaurants on stilts out over the beach at different locations along the beach highway.

Hey tiggerdad,

Did you see that big spankin' new truck that PaHunter's got on the Trucks and Towing Thread on the main Camping Board?

If I read your chart on post #1 right, he comes into Gulf the day after you and I arrive. And FriendOfEeyore too.,

And he's gonna hafta drive past all three of our sites to get to his. :drive: There's no sneaking by with that big yellow cab.

I'm gonna oil up my folding chair to watch Chris back in to his site.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think we're gonna hafta come up with some name for Chris' rig when he tries to slip by us. ::yes::

Bama Ed

I will put it in stealth mode when I roll in.
I don't think you will need stealth mode Chris. Considering your direction of travel will south by west, the sun reflecting off your new truck should effectively temporarily blind anyone not wearing extremely good sunglasses looking in your direction.

Jim that in theory is a great idea but considering how many clues would end up going out on social media ( The POLICE check there first ) too many identities would be revealed and jeopardy attached. I am hoping to collect a large number of paper bags for a group photo

you both did a great job! I suppose you had to have a very tall ladder? We are excited about coming. Arnold thinks I am being silly worrying about the alligators. Afraid I will walk upon one & they will eat my fur babies & me. We normally take the girls for a walk B4 bed, so I don't have to get up early morning. All be safe on your travels. I think this will be a 2 day drive for us.

OK keep up with the mean wildlife & this girl will not leave her camper. I will ask Mrs. Ed to visit all day (lol) A dead snake is a great snake. alligators also -

My summer hat finally came. I'm ready for Gulf now.

20180501_140515.jpg

Oh yeah, I have to say ....

giphy.gif

I presume one of you is going to set up the "live cam" for us to watch all of these happenings :)

Jimmy, I believe the "MAD" policy is still in effect. Back in 2015 when tiggerdad first invited me and the family over to his site at Gulf and fed us, the promise to meet annually included a "Mutually Assured Destruction" clause. Thus if one of us put up a camera or photo that embarrassed another DIS'ser, a response would probably be swift and strong. And then it would just escalate. I know it would be popcorn:: for everybody else but I'm not going violate that clause.

All I'll say is if you want to see what goes on, you gotta bring yerself down here and see it in person. (the morning puzzle session is a REAL cliffhanger) :snail:

ED

Last edited:
Bet that was the last time you tried to tell SouthAlamba5er your TT was as big as his

All I'll say is if you want to see what goes on, you gotta bring yerself down here and see it in person. (the morning puzzle session is a REAL cliffhanger) :snail:

ED

I wish, wish, wish, wish, wish I could!!!! I hope this tradition has the legs to last awhile to a point in time when I may be able to attend....

I wish, wish, wish, wish, wish I could!!!! I hope this tradition has the legs to last awhile to a point in time when I may be able to attend....

Got legs AND bail money to keep it going.

Hey tiggerdad,

Did you see that big spankin' new truck that PaHunter's got There's no sneaking by with that big yellow cab.

I'm gonna oil up my folding chair to watch Chris back in to his site.

I'll have to stop by Gulf Shores Seafood and pick up some of their seafood dip and get out the saltine crackers and we'll set up a viewing table.

I would like to come down just for the viewing. Are there bleacher seats available? I don't need directions, I'll just follow the big yeller' truck :drive:

Jimmy,

I'm in for next year. I'm only missing this year because of a big project at work and had to post pone to September. I will be doing some condo/house shopping this year and probably next. Planning ahead for retirement in a decade or so.

j

Having met Jimmy/4077,

I am willing to sponsor his membership as a Junior Member of the Gulf Region DIS-Meet to the Membership Committee WHENEVER THAT DAY COMES. First visits are on an evaluation basis and ultimately the recommendation of the Membership Committee is passed up to the Senior Leadership Council for final consideration.

Some members are automatically passed through due to their age, Fort experience, or college affiliation. But given his Junior (young) standing, he has a chance.

Bama Ed

PS - Jimmy, if you can cook, the SLC can be swayed. They think with their heads but they vote with their stomachs. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter