Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

I mean.... I feel like I could marry a Tim Tam. I just discovered the awesomeness of the dark choc mint freshly opened from the freezer. :cutie:
The white choc and the dark choc mint are my faves.
oooOOOooohh... tell me more about this Tim Tam Slam.... :love:
@disneysteve , I am warning you right this second, if that video of me doing a Tim Tam slam reaches the internet, what is happening on "the site that must not be named" will look like a trip to Disneyland compared to the wrath i will rain on you!!

@Tiggerette a Tim Tam slam is when you get a hot (or cold... but don't do cold) drink such as a tea, coffee or my fave, a hot chocolate, usually choc mint, and you use a Tim Tam like a straw, thus:
Nibble one end off the TT, now nibble the other end off, this exposes the biscuit and chocolate centre.
Now, dip one end slightly into the beverage of choice so that said biscuit is submerged, and suck the liquid through the other end.
The hot liquid melts the inside until you're almost left with a melty, gooey mess, then you swiftly throw that gooey mess into your mouth and enjoy.

Jesus, that could be taken in so many wrong ways smh

@disneysteve , I am warning you right this second, if that video of me doing a Tim Tam slam reaches the internet, what is happening on "the site that must not be named" will look like a trip to Disneyland compared to the wrath i will rain on you!!
🤣🤣🤣

No I wouldn’t do that to you. That gem is my own personal treat.

Good job on sneaking another HP reference into the thread though.

Thank you for posting this. Receiving a lifetime ban (7 years now) because one (since-departed) Mod didn’t like a post caused me an irrational amount of angst because of how connected I felt to my DisBoard “family”. Not being able to come here and post my condolences when Heidi passed broke my heart. I have missed all of you more than I can say. The resurfacing of other past posters gave me the courage to try to re-register, fully in the open and not surreptitiously in the hopes that a kinder, gentler Board with a greater appreciation for what a true transgression looks like will allow past squabbles to remain in the past. If not, oh well. But I truly do hope that I can remain here to help pick up the pieces once order is restored. I’d love to help turn the darkness into light.

While our paths didnt cross on the forum, you wrote exactly what I have been thinking.

I'm from Ireland but I am a long time annual visitor to Disneyland California and my European viewpoint was not liked.

This forum and DisunPlugged YouTube were an outlet for me during some very dark times, a way to disappear into a much happier place.

Despite what has been going on behind the scenes, its the day to day posters who made this community into what it is, a place where friendships are made, a place for travel planning, a place to share stories and experiences, a place which connects across time zones, oceans and continents and a group of people who are passionate about all things Disney related.

The owner of a website does not create the community, they just give a platform for a community to form. Its the people who join, participate and engage who create the community.

The owner of a website does not create the community, they just give a platform for a community to form. Its the people who join, participate and engage who create the community.
So well said. One of the hallmarks of that "other board" is that it is unmoderated. Visitors and posters are instructed to train their eyes to just skip past content that they don't think they will like. It takes self-discipline to do so. But whether it is the User or the Board staff, somebody has to moderate. Take your pick. I think we have seen two extremes. A Board that is (was, I hope) moderated with a heavy hand where valuable content and valued members were supressed, and a Board that has no moderation that turns into a mean playground. Maybe there is a third option. Here's hoping for some middle ground going forward. Welcome Back Bad Pink Tink. Happy to (virtually) meet you.

The white choc and the dark choc mint are my faves.

@Tiggerette a Tim Tam slam is when you get a hot (or cold... but don't do cold) drink such as a tea, coffee or my fave, a hot chocolate, usually choc mint, and you use a Tim Tam like a straw, thus:
Nibble one end off the TT, now nibble the other end off, this exposes the biscuit and chocolate centre.
Now, dip one end slightly into the beverage of choice so that said biscuit is submerged, and suck the liquid through the other end.
The hot liquid melts the inside until you're almost left with a melty, gooey mess, then you swiftly throw that gooey mess into your mouth and enjoy.

Jesus, that could be taken in so many wrong ways smh
Good grief, Jes. Pull it together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter