Harvey Weinstein

Asia Argento, Anthony Bourdain's girlfriend. Supposedly she continued to 'date' him and accepted $$$.
I love Mira in anything she is in--even that Maria Carey movie, WiseGirls. Mira's performance was heartbreaking in an otherwise lame movie!

Anthony should leave her and start dating me...

Seriously, I'm so glad Harvey isn't is in his movies. I couldn't stand to watch his face. I'm still pissed at Bill Cosby for making me unable to watch Cosby Show reruns. He just makes my stomach hurt to watch knowing what a piece of trash he is.

Weinstein seems reminiscent of the movie mogul character Jack Woltz in The Godfather, who also had some disgusting character flaws.

Weinstein seems reminiscent of the movie mogul character Jack Woltz in The Godfather, who also had some disgusting character flaws.
I think the character was based on he head of Columbia Pictures, wasn't he?

I'm not impressed, they have no choice now that this is a PR nightmare. His behavior isn't a secret and it's been condoned for years by anyone who knew about it and never tried to speak out about it.
I'd be more impressed if they just fired him and then we (the general public) find out why, not fire him because we found out why.
That would certainly be nice! Maybe I'll live to see that, but at this point in history it doesn't feel like a realistic expectation to me.

I am still glad that action was taken-the more that happens the better the odds for overarching and longterm change. We have seen examples of both in the last few years-men "getting away with it" so to speak, and men being called out, fired, and/or prosecuted. There's definitely still a lot of work to be done, growth to be had, and progress to be made.

It's really really really challenging to remain optimistic at present, so I see this as a "small victory" and want to at least appreciate it.

His wife just left him. I never liked his politics but now knowing he is a sexual predator, well, there's certainly more for me to dislike.

I did like his politics, but for sure am disgusted by this behavior. He was a successful adult male. He absolutely could have and should have controlled himself.

I don't know for sure but I'm betting it has something to do with money.

Not to sure if I heard it correctly was listening to Curtis and Kuby, or maybe its Curtis and somebody else now. I just happened to be in th car, but they were talking about 10k that Weinstein donated to campian of DA or someone that was involved with the decision to not prosecute him. Did not catch whole story so what I stated might not be completely accurate but money never hurts a defense.

I just love how everyone in Hollywood is suddenly "disgusted" with him & trying to separate themselves from him. But yet, Meryl Streep called him a God in an acceptance speech & Gwynoth Paltrow thanked him first in her Oscar speech. Now she is saying she was a victim of his. Then why are you thanking him & why did you never speak up so that it wouldn't happen to anyone else? Did she truly believe she was the only victim ever? Of course not. They all just let it happen and now that the secret is out, they want no part of him.

Not to sure if I heard it correctly was listening to Curtis and Kuby, or aybe its Curtis and somebody else now. I ust happened to be in th car, but they were talking about 10k that Weinstein donated to campian of DA or someone that was involved with the decision to not prosecute him. Did not catch whole story so what I stated might not be completely accurate but money never hurts a defense.

I wasn't really thinking of things in a political way, I was thinking more in terms of the money his movies make, and the money the stars in his movies make. Why would any of them want to speak out about the things they knew about him. It is like biting the hand that feeds you.

Yes and it's not just women.
Terry Crews just recently shared an experience he had with being groped by a different Hollywood unnamed bigwig. He shared his story and thoughts on his Twitter.
Corey Feldman has been talking about the sexual abuse of children in the entertainment business for a long time. He's a bit "out there" personality wise so nobody really listens to him.

When the news first came out about Weinstein, without much information, my first thought was finally. I bet this is Corey Feldman getting his day. But nope.

May he find strength to speak more fully now. He has said people will be shocked at the person's professional level in Hollywood. He has alluded that the person/people are still working.

It seems to me that Feldman's reluctance is because he has been seriously threatened by this person. It never seemed to me that it was a career choice not to speak the person's name.

I wasn't really thinking of things in a political way, I was thinking more in terms of the money his movies make, and the money the stars in his movies make. Why would any of them want to speak out about the things they knew about him. It is like biting the hand that feeds you.

While money is probably a factor, fear of how he can run their lives is probably a big reason also. It's not just giving up being in his movies and making money. A man with his power and connections can absolutely ruin someone. He knows how to plant stories and which stories to plant. That alone can ruin someone.
He had the high powered lawyer to tie you up in lawsuits and completely season your finances.
Also, look at how people who speak up about such things are often treated for speaking up. They are ripped apart and called all kinds of names.
I don't think it's just a biting the hand the feds you thing.

While money is probably a factor, fear of how he can run their lives is probably a big reason also. It's not just giving up being in his movies and making money. A man with his power and connections can absolutely ruin someone. He knows how to plant stories and which stories to plant. That alone can ruin someone.
He had the high powered lawyer to tie you up in lawsuits and completely season your finances.
Also, look at how people who speak up about such things are often treated for speaking up. They are ripped apart and called all kinds of names.

I agree. Even on this thread there are a few people blaming the victims. Safety in numbers, sadly.

Safety in numbers

And even that doesn't play out to the full extent.

Safety in numbers. Bill Cosby with women from multiple decades. From those with no power to the very famous. And still. :sad2:

I thought that when Beverly Johnson came out the nonsense would end. The nonsensical chatter. But nope.

Plus youth. And the naivety that lives in so many of us.

I know that in my early twenties I was not the woman I am today, with the choices I would now make. He knew that. They all know that.

Last edited:
I just love how everyone in Hollywood is suddenly "disgusted" with him & trying to separate themselves from him. But yet, Meryl Streep called him a God in an acceptance speech & Gwynoth Paltrow thanked him first in her Oscar speech. Now she is saying she was a victim of his. Then why are you thanking him & why did you never speak up so that it wouldn't happen to anyone else? Did she truly believe she was the only victim ever? Of course not. They all just let it happen and now that the secret is out, they want no part of him.

I get the Gwyneth Paltrow thing, but Meryl Streep has said she did not know he did that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter