Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

southernfriedmom said:
I have enjoyed reading through this thread and am excited to start customizing our bands.

1.Has anyone tried the removable vinyl cover bands sold on DVC Central? I'd love to hear reviews on them.

2.Has anyone bought & successfully used a glow in the dark polish recently they can recommend either online or at a big chain?

3. Don't have the polish color I want on hand and I'm debating whether to splurge on a more expensive polish or go with cheap. The opinions seem to be split on this. Not really a question just thinking aloud I guess.

I used "ice" brand from walmart for my glow in the dark polish (about $2). It works great on all the dark rides and especially under the black lights. You need at least three-four coats for it to really glow.

Okay, so I have no artistic ability, which means I asked one of my amazing friends to do mine for me :) And I LOVE IT!!!!!! :) I can't wait to wear it :banana:

I had a blue Magic Band, we used nail polish and paint brushes on it. I haven't used it yet, so I can't speak to the cracking problem. She painted it while it was closed and not flat. We used blue sparkly polish on the band, and some bubbles on the sides. I am so excited to use it pixiedust:

Love your bands! Where did you get the tiara rhinestone?!? TIA
The tiara was a nail stick on from Sally's Beauty supplies. The brand is Chandilier Chic nail stick ons. The band all held up well throughout our trip, we didn't swim with them.
This time we are thinking about trying the tatoos.

There are some amazing MBs in here! Love seeing all your ideas :D

For our first set we just went with something simple, glittery nail polish and a UV top coat over our Mickey heads. It worked fab and showed up on all the rides with the lighting. We stayed in Pop for four days and got so many compliments from CMs at the resort and park for our bands.

We're back at Christmas time so plan to do something a bit more fitting to the time of year!

We did the same thing. We managed to keep the Tree of Life the entire 10 days the others were long gone. I think they are super cute but they need to fix the design somehow.

We bought the crystals I wore the green one, him the blue but my husband lost his day 5, mines a little longer -day 10, however because I knew his had fell out, I was forever checking it was still there and thus saved it from the floor a few times!! Rather disappointing as you would imagine because it was designed for the band you wouldn't have this kind of problem... Oh well, superglue next time!!! :scratchin

Well I have finally finished both set of MBs for our upcoming trip in May n our AP holders ones. The red was a bit harder because of the dark color n DD wanted a specific character.

My AP MB
3564AAEB-788D-46DA-96F9-2BBAABF31E7E.jpg

DHs AP MB
A5A62505-381A-476C-8704-45245BDBD642.jpg

DDs AP MB
1260AA03-F694-4C89-A3BA-F08BA5F9C02F.jpg

3C41E5CB-FB4A-43F7-AB8C-D9463BECB77D.jpg

Now this set is for our upcoming May trip.

885B658B-041E-4145-A32E-F37FEA178EEF.jpg

Mine
ABE911C4-7FB8-4C8A-8F8C-5C17452F495F.jpg

DH
7D7A0D1D-2E5C-4909-9002-40730EF4A24A.jpg

DD
AB1AF3A5-F512-4DF2-B8B0-313DC117C1E8.jpg

I yet again used temporary tattoos with base coat polish.

These are all of the MBs I've decorated for our past and future trips since MB testing started last year. Idk but I'm sure these won't be the last ones I'll get to decorate.

When using the tattoos do you apply a base coat first or just over the top?

I would love to know where you got the Avenger and Darth Vader tattoos.

Everyone is so creative, it makes me want to try it myself...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter