Has anyone noticed Disney's changes recently?

Just hearing that inspires me to do better at my job at The Disney Store. :thumbsup2

..the disney store is no longer actually owned by disney haha :confused: :confused:

BUT good for you!! i'd up my attitude at work, but i dont have a job. instead, i use all my time preparing for 3 ap classes and the sats this year.. yippee.. :scared:

Oh right... sat's. My dad got me a huge book from Barnes and noble to study for those. Its sitting under my bed now, but im going to have to get it out sooner or later. Thanks for reminding me to study geek, good luck on your school work!

..the disney store is no longer actually owned by disney haha :confused: :confused:

BUT good for you!! i'd up my attitude at work, but i dont have a job. instead, i use all my time preparing for 3 ap classes and the sats this year.. yippee.. :scared:

Walt Disney Company repurchased Disney Store in May and is in the process of closing some stores and keeping others open.

If all the Disney Store cast cared about being friendly as much as Anne Bonny, I don't think they'd be closing any stores!

Aww thanks! Yeah I was just about to say that. My manager told me all about it, and now we have a ton of Disney stuff coming in that we have to sell. It kinda seems to me like we're having a hard time getting rid of it, though, maybe because it's so much...

And our store is one of the last in the Tri-State area (I think) because 2 stores in Ohio shut down for unknown reasons, so we get a lot of people coming in from the area.

I just got an application for the Disney Store! And... with any luck I will be working for the Disney company soon too. It seems so exciting to work with the magic there. Anne Bonny, how much do u love working there?? What a silly question, I'm sure it is a whole bunch... hehe

Sorry flips, I know this is off topic of your post but I was excited and wanted to share.

I just got an application for the Disney Store! And... with any luck I will be working for the Disney company soon too. It seems so exciting to work with the magic there. Anne Bonny, how much do u love working there?? What a silly question, I'm sure it is a whole bunch... hehe

Sorry flips, I know this is off topic of your post but I was excited and wanted to share.

Congratulations! Act excited during the interview and I'm sure you'll do fine. A possible interview question is "What Disney character are you most like and why?" You probably won't get it, but it's a good one to think about to get warmed up.

Good luck!
Nick

Wow! thanks so much for the support. If they only knew what a disney nut i really was I don't think they would have a problem hiring me. haha

Congratulations! Good luck with the interview, I would suggest showing your love for Disney to the manager. That's what I did and they hired me as a greeter. They loved the enthusiasm I had for the Disney company. As long as you show that you'll do fine.

Working there is a blast because I get to play with all the toys and interact with all the little kids that come in. It's like working in the parks - you're there to entertain (sometimes).

Good luck!

Im still really sad about vmk closing, I think about it all the time. Not that the memories bother me or anything, it just makes me think different about Disney and everything which is what really bothers me. Have you guys noticed all the changes they've been making recently? Here is my list:
1. Pixar themes rides and attractions- i know they bought Pixar and all, but how many more things can they make with them? They transformed The Living Seas into a Nemo based one, they made the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Turtle Talk with Crush, Finding Nemo the Musical, finding Nemo subs, and the new Toy Story Mania ride. Aren't they supposed to make a Car's area over in one of the California Parks too? Cant they have a little more creativity on their new attractions? They are amazing, actually some of the coolest rides around, but I dont know how much more i can take with Pixar taking over.
2. VMK closing, of course. That opens up alot of opinions. It seems like they did not care about what we thought at all of vmk closing, and just tried to herd us to the other money making games like Pirates Online, Toontown, and Club Penguin. It seems like they were really even advertising for it that last month of vmk, putting up signs in the esplanade and all. That is all that is on the web site now too, mostly advertisements. They really wanted us to use free month on pirates and everything too, just to get everyone addicted to playing with all of the special items and extra quests. I just really want to know completley who made those decisions, because I have heard alot of stories about what happened, and I just want to know nothing but the truth.

Is it just me, or is Disney losing their touch a bit? I love Disney, its scaring me more than anything just to think of these things, and how much they look like one of those ordinary money making companies now. Of course when I get in the parks and see the attention to detail, wonderful guests services, and just everything I grew up with it makes me more relieved to know its still magic, but I just wonder how long its going to last you know? I dont want it to change, and I want vmk back.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter