Have any Italy ABDs happened since 2020?

leannak

DIS Veteran
I can't seem to find which ABD trips have actually happened. I'm curious about Italy, especially.

To my knowledge, the only European trips that have gone were Iceland. But that's just as far as I've heard (and can remember). A couple of Egypt trips went, also.

Sayhello

To my knowledge, the only European trips that have gone were Iceland. But that's just as far as I've heard (and can remember). A couple of Egypt trips went, also.

Sayhello
Didn't the Rhine Christmas markets river cruise go? A couple of days ago it was still available for booking and I think starts today and Danube starts tomorrow...that's still on the website but is waitlisted.

Didn't the Rhine Christmas markets river cruise go? A couple of days ago it was still available for booking and I think starts today and Danube starts tomorrow...that's still on the website but is waitlisted.
Oh! I don't know. Haven't heard one way or the other. I hope we hear something!

ETA: ABD just posted on fb:

"Bon Voyage from the southernmost city in the world! Our Inaugural Antarctica & Patagonia Expedition Cruise has set sail!
🛳
"

So add Antarctica to the list!

Sayhello

We’re booked for June 2022. Just read a Dec 21, 2021 post from ABD that the tour group will be split into pods. Maybe if someone in another pod gets sick we could still continue with the tour?
To my knowledge, splitting the group up into personal pods has been ABD's policy since they started running trips again. I don't know if it's to prevent spread or keep the trip going or what. I've never heard mention of ABD stopping the whole tour if anyone tests positive (although with so few trips actually going, I haven't heard of anyone testing positive on an ABD yet).

Sayhello

We’re booked for June 2022. Just read a Dec 21, 2021 post from ABD that the tour group will be split into pods. Maybe if someone in another pod gets sick we could still continue with the tour?
Good to know! Where did you see the post?

Looks like all the trips through the end of April are now listed as waitlist only. Any thoughts on if that is a sign they may be canceled? I’m crossing my fingers for my late may trip. This will be the third year we’ve tried to go on this graduation celebration trip.

We are also booked (on our first) ABD in June '22 in Rome, before our Greek Isles Cruise. I haven't heard a word about it...
I also have been hesitant to buy airfare, but don't want to wait too much longer...

Looks like all the trips through the end of April are now listed as waitlist only. Any thoughts on if that is a sign they may be canceled? I’m crossing my fingers for my late may trip. This will be the third year we’ve tried to go on this graduation celebration trip.
Other trips to other countries are still a go in those months; it may be Italy or it may be that they have sold out; they hit the paid in full date for January and February now....and they generally lock in the trip once they have the paid in full.

I can't seem to find which ABD trips have actually happened. I'm curious about Italy, especially.

Also interested. We’ve been cancelled three times since April ‘20. Rescheduled for April ‘22. In December i spoke to a vactionista who advised trips were to resume in January of ‘22

Spoke with ABD just now…… ”Charlie” stated if a Country is Level 4 trips are cancelled. She went on to say that to the best of her knowledge no Italy trips have taken place since 2000. As of now April trips are still on.

Travel Advisory
December 13, 2021
Italy - Level 4: Do Not Travel
Do not travel to Italy due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to terrorism.

I made an account just to chime in here...my family and I have been booked on the Italy trip three separate times now for three different dates and are fully paid up. Our newest date was going to be Mar 22-29 2022 however we received a call this morning that they were cancelling it due to Italy still being "Level 4." The rep I spoke to indicated that they were working on cancelling all of the "Spring Break"-time trips because ABD doesn't feel the tours or places will be ready by then even if it goes down from Level 4 soon. :( Unsure if we'll rebook again or just cancel and take the refund at this point.

I made an account just to chime in here...my family and I have been booked on the Italy trip three separate times now for three different dates and are fully paid up. Our newest date was going to be Mar 22-29 2022 however we received a call this morning that they were cancelling it due to Italy still being "Level 4." The rep I spoke to indicated that they were working on cancelling all of the "Spring Break"-time trips because ABD doesn't feel the tours or places will be ready by then even if it goes down from Level 4 soon. :( Unsure if we'll rebook again or just cancel and take the refund at this point.
Pretty clear disney is done with Italy with that last statement, as my friends were just there last month and did a lot of things on our list.

Honestly, at this point, why wouldn't you take a refund and wait to rebook when things (PLEASE GOD) are better?

Sayhello

I called ABD this afternoon about the statement even if Italy drops health levels they aren’t going on spring trips. The vacationista said that isn’t true and they are ready to go they just don’t want to cancel last minute like the December. April trips are still on. I said I understood December but all projections show cases dropping. And yes, since I have moved these trips constantly I have had to move my air, babysitter, etc. I also complained about April trips being forced to PIF early December and not a little while later that date got moved for PIF. She said it was because people were complaining.

I called some private vip/private tour by the day companies in Rome Florence and Venice. They are operating even now. My group and I decided we will go it’s Italy ABD or not. May not be all bells and whistles but we will have a great time no matter what and not stressing every six months. We are the first trip on April. That makes me nervous enough. Praying we go with Disney. If not, we will go ourselves and hire vip guides day by day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter