Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am behind here, LOL

Mandy: The kids in the cage made me laugh so hard. I can't wait to hear you on the podcast. It was too cold to get my iPod out of the car the last couple of days, and DF dosen't like any noise that interferes with the TV :rolleyes:

Channing: Your Christmas Day rituals sound like so much fun! So nice and relaxing. On Christmas we go to DF's family's house where we all sit around and stare at eachother. :eek: Oh, and watch TV of course. :happytv: I hope when DF and I have kids we can make our OWN Christmas traditions :upsidedow

Annette: The Lemon cookies sound yummy. I will have to try them sometime :goodvibes

Vanessa: Have a great trip! The weather is supposed to get dicey here today, so I hope you make it out okay :wizard:

Marvel: Thanks for checking in. It sounds like you are having a fun time with the family :thumbsup2

Hi to everyone else :goodvibes . I made more peppermint balls the other night, but after 24 of them I got lazy and made the rest into flat cookies. I used the filling as icing and sprinkled some of the candy mix on top. They aren't quite as good but if anyone complains...:mad: :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone!

BlueSKies......I will finally finish up baking today as I'm going to make the peanut blossom cookies I didn't have the energy to make last night :rotfl: :rotfl:. After that I am DONE :thumbsup2. I can't just make one thing at Christmas......it always has to be 3 or 4 different things....but it is nice to do during the holidays :santa:. DH called a little bit ago and said most of my goodies are GONE already :scared1:......I guess they were a big hit :goodvibes.

Amy........I just noticed your ticker and you only have 30 MORE DAYS until your wedding :bride:. Time is really going to fly now :woohoo: :woohoo:. Have a good time at DF's family's on Christmas :santa:.

Shel.....I agree........shopping is too much fun.....we're never truly done :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Mare......I saw that too about the dining possibly opening up soon....I hope so ;). I've got my list ready ::yes::.

Hope everyone has a great day :flower3:.

Deb :)

Morning Gals...

Vanessa be safe friend getting to St. Louis....it is snowing like crazy here!

Hey Blue...yes its def Global Warming:goodvibes

Siobhan...any after effects after last night???:rotfl: :rotfl: You were in fine form;) Look for a Santa Package!

Kel I hear ya on the DH and a long day mine has been home for the last 5 days and will be for the next 2 weeks:scared1:

I have the most sexy voice right now.....deep throaty....Uh not by choice either! I could be a phone operator for 1-800-hotrightnow!:lmao: :lmao:
No other cold symptoms except for my throat issues...still taking the airborne

Marvel....tell us more please!!!!:goodvibes

have a good one gals....
ttfn! dawn

Dawn - LOL on the voice! Hope the Airborne is working.

Deb - You get the baking award! Glad all your stuff was a hit! I'm REALLY going to start baking today. DD and I did the rolo/pretzel/pecan deals last night - does that count? :laughing:

Mare, Blue Skies - DH and DS are huge golfers. We have tons of great golf courses around here. We go to Myrtle Beach about once a year. DD loves Build a Bear and Libby Lu's ( They are closing all Libby Lu's in January!:confused: ) at Broadway. Myrtle Beach gets a little crazy!

We go to Disney's HHI every summer though. We live 2 minutes from the beach so DH thought it was weird to bother vacationing at HHI because we can do the same things at home, but it is so family oriented and relaxing there, that it has really grown on him. Now we go every year with family and friends!

Marvel - Thanks for the update! Your tree sounds lovely. Have you been taking lots of floor pics? :lmao:

Morning! :)

Vanessa!! HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!! I hope she got out ok today...this weather is terrible.

Marvel, thanks for the trip updates!! Sounds like another fun day.:goodvibes Which tree did you decide on? I have ours on our piano now....I love it and felt the same - it was larger and nicer in person than the pics showed.:goodvibes Oh yes....the floors.....any good carpet or tile?;)

Amy, I am going to try that flat way of doing the cookies!!!! :rotfl: I am all for shortcuts!!

Annette!!
I have lemon extract!! I just checked. I am going to make those today!!! It's a blustery snowy day and maybe that's something the girls and I can do.....yay..thanks so much for the recipe. I am sure they'll be fabu!!!!!

Lisa, oooh pizza twice in one day. Love it! I could live on pizza. Throw in some Mexican food ehre and there and I am good. Nothing else needed. I am glad your party was nice. YES, the spinach squares are super easy and anybody that eats them loves them. Hope you have luck lke that too.;) Wow...it's cold in the Carolinas!!!

Wendy, I would LOVE one of those cute old houses in Charleston. :cloud9: I am so there!!!!! I just have to get these kids thru school. THEY like it here.:rotfl:

Siobhan you party girl.:rotfl:

Kelly...omg...I hear ya on teh hubbie at home. Even when he works at home it throws me off my day. Annoying.:rolleyes1

Hi to everybody...i am gonna check that recipe and make sure i have everything....i don't want to go out.:rolleyes1

I for one AM SHOPPED OUT!
:headache: I look at the tree and it already looks like Santa came. :sad2: I am broke until the next big bonus and tired. :rotfl: I have more to wrap.:rolleyes: I am already thinking about what can I take back? :rotfl: I overspent...and there is so much...I go into Jojo's room and think WHERE WILL IT ALL GO??!?! That AG stuff is huge...and it's so delicate..so she can't pile it up.:rotfl: Well....not CAN"T...SHOULDN"T. Still waiting on some stuff from Amazon.....I wish we could just skip the gifts and go away. A few more years of this.

Chan

I Am so mad right now......... :mad:

My kids would not leave me alone while i was doing laundry and i even put on a dvd. I left them on the sun room (shich is our playroom) for 1 min so i could get hangers out of my closet and come back to find them out in the storage room and screaming toys! THEY FOUND ALL THE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS AND THEY WERE NOT WRAPPED YET! AND of course it is my fault according to my husband (notice i refuse to use DH right now) because i left them alone...... I think it was MY idea to keep the presents at my sisters house but he said nah lets keep them in the storage room. It was MY idea to wrap them SAT night but he said nah lets just wait..... UM they had to go through 2 closed doors to get to the storage room and they are BOTH OFF LIMITS 365 days a year, THEY broke a house rule and went back there and it is MY fault........ I was hanging HIS clothes up, I think it is his fault for not doing his own laundry and NOT taking my suggestions! Oh, an get this i hung up on him when he blew up on me and i refused to answer his calls so he texted me that i was gonna have to take back everything and start fresh. :sad2: NOPE! they will get what i have back there...... IDK if they now know we are Santa or not! He says we sacrifice and work hard to provide a nice Christmas and it is ruined...... NOt gonna be a big suprise, Whateva! ^*^*&%$^(**(*()$&@$*&)(*(#$^@#$_(*#_)$(

Ughhh I hope he goes and sleeps else where tonight!

Our bed will be :cold:

Mare-if you would not mind sharing the risotto recipe, that would be great.

Channing-thank you on the spinach. I leave work in 5 minutes and am going straight to the grocery store.

Have a good afternoon everybody - Lisa.

Wendy........I'm glad all the goodies went over well at DH's work :goodvibes......I guess I should have made more than I did :rotfl: :rotfl:. I'm just glad I'm about done :rolleyes1. I'm trying to finish up the cookies I have left so I can put the cookie pans away and not look at them again until next year :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Chan.......I'm with you on the going away instead of presents :santa:. I always over spend when my DSs already HAVE EVERYTHING :headache:.......and the gifts always seem to get bigger and more expensive than the year before :rolleyes:.

Mandy.......I am soooo sorry about the kids finding the unwrapped presents :sad2:. I can't believe your husband wants you to take everything back and START OVER :scared1: :scared1:......MEN :mad: :headache:.

Deb :upsidedow

Hi Everyone! Taking a quick afternoon DIS break:surfweb: before heading back out !

Sheli I think I am your shopping twin...I enjoy it just because...;)

Deb Glad your cookies were a hit! Hurry put those pans away before you think about making more:)

Channing :rotfl: on thinking about what you can take back...I always forget what I bought along the way...and rediscover things when I'm getting them ready to be wrapped:headache: :laughing:

Amy 30 days to go and your baking...:bride: :worship: time to be pampering yourself...getting ready for the big day...

Lisa I'm gonna make the spinach squares too (thanks Channing!:) ) my family likes any thing with spinach in it...

Mandy :scared1: on the kids finding the gifts...maybe you should send your not so DH out to shop for new ones!!:)

Has anyone read the Seeing is Believing thread...if not check it out..!!!!

Well my breaks over..better get moving...I could easily sit here for longer:thumbsup2 TTYL:santa:

Dawn I missed what you posted before about your deep sexy voice...:rotfl: who cares about that new degree...you can have a new career!!! until you get your voice back!!!:laughing: My DH loves when I have the laryngitis that leaves me with NO voice....:confused3 I dont know why....:rolleyes1

Dawn I missed what you posted before about your deep sexy voice...:rotfl: who cares about that new degree...you can have a new career!!! until you get your voice back!!!:laughing: My DH loves when I have the laryngitis that leaves me with NO voice....:confused3 I dont know why....:rolleyes1

:rotfl: :rotfl: Ya I hear ya....I still can "gesture" real well :rolleyes1

hey guys I hope all of you have a great xmas!
I just an awesome bottle of wine and now i am going to relax for the night
It wa so nice to chat with you earlier mando I cant wait to see you feb!

hi, all. Lucy and I made Annette's lemon cookies. They are GREAT!:goodvibes I think we made them too large though. I dropped them from teaspoons but big drops. And....we colored the frosting yellow....,it is the color of mustard. :rotfl: Kind of unappealing to look at but they taste delish!! Thanks, Annette!!!

Mandy
.....:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: OMG....that is bad news. I don't know whta I would do. Probably just not wrap them at this point.:rotfl: But...now you have to buy new Santa gifts......I would because I am a sucker and want the magic to continue. :rolleyes: And your kids are so cute and little.......Good luck on that situation. Kinda funny in a way.;)

We had some drama here today. I know what I am taking back.....all DS's gifts. I am so done with that kid. It's gonna be a miserable Christmas for him.

Hope you all have a nice night. It's treacherous out. I just drove stuff over to JOjo's friend's house...she is sleeping over. And the roads are wicked. Love the 4WD.

Chan

Evening Gals.......

Just when I was on a roll to finish up the rest of my baking......I got about half way done and ran out of Hershey kisses :headache: :mad:. I am so losing it this year......yesterday I had to run to the store because I didn't have enough powdered sugar and today I run out of kisses :headache:. I really don't know what's wrong with me :rolleyes1. But the best thing about yesterday's mess up is I KNOW DARN WELL I bought powdered sugar last week when I went grocery shopping.....so either it didn't get put in the bag or I desperately need a vacation because I'm losing my mind :rotfl: :rotfl:. And my last online order that I was expecting any day showed up today and as I went to wrap it.......you guessed it........I was OUT OF SCOTCH TAPE :mad:. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop any minute now because there HAS TO be something else waiting to go wrong :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Chan......Sorry for whatever happened with DS :sad2:. I hope you're able to work out whatever it is that went wrong :flower3:. It's starting to get nasty here with blowing snow :scared:. After the snow and wintry mix that's supposed to get here tonight and tomorrow, they're calling for 40 degrees on Friday and FLOODING :scared1:. This has been one of the strangest winters :rolleyes:.

Dawn.....I hope the airborne is helping....feel better soon :flower3:.

Mare.....I just read an update on the ADR thread that discusses when Disney will open up more dates for booking. They changed the booking window to 90 days and it's supposedly permanent. Just thought I'd let you know in case you hadn't seen it yet.

Hi to everyone else!!!!! Hope everyone has a good night :).

Deb

Evening Everyone:flower3:

Deb I just read abouth that 90 day booking policy also:confused: ....ok so now we have until March to think about where to make ADRs...

I hate it when I run out of things in the middle of doing something too:headache: just think tomorrow it is Christmas Eve:santa:

Channing I have days that not only would I like to take the gifts back...I'd like to take the kids back!!...:rotfl: but I know the rule on parenthood...no backsies as they say...

Dawn I hope you get better soon too:)

Sheli I did manage to find a few more great sales while I was out today...how about you!?

Kelly Hope you are enjoying your wine and relaxation...

Have a good night...hoping for better weather everywhere for tomorrow:)

Mandy That stinks about the presents! Can you just tell them that Santa dropped them off early because he needed you to help wrap them because he's so busy this year?
That would stink to have to go out and exchange all the presents but at least you still have tommorow if you need to.

Evening Everyone:flower3:

Deb I just read abouth that 90 day booking policy also:confused: ....ok so now we have until March to think about where to make ADRs...

I hate it when I run out of things in the middle of doing something too:headache: just think tomorrow it is Christmas Eve:santa:

Channing I have days that not only would I like to take the gifts back...I'd like to take the kids back!!...:rotfl: but I know the rule on parenthood...no backsies as they say...

Dawn I hope you get better soon too:)

Sheli I did manage to find a few more great sales while I was out today...how about you!?

Kelly Hope you are enjoying your wine and relaxation...

Have a good night...hoping for better weather everywhere for tomorrow:)

I love the expression "no backsies" It reminds me of the "Frances" books. Do you remember those? I used to love them and bought them all for DD when she was little! She is too old for them but we will still read them for a laugh - she loves "A Bargain For Frances" and "Bread and Jam for Frances" the best! She read them to my niece a few weeks ago,so I guess thats why I am remembering it!:)

Hi everyone!

I'm finally sitting down relaxing. I had such a hectic day. I got to school early to picked up DS4 but had to circle the block for 15 mins because there was a moving truck on the block of the school and I couldn't double park (we all double park at pick up) So after circling, I see his class is letting out. They don't let the kids out unless a parent is present, but I see his teacher with the door open. I had no choice but to stop in the middle of the street and block traffic to get him. I rush him in the car then discover a sanitation truck is blocking the street in front of me!!!:eek: I didn't care anymore. DS was in the car!

Then we head to the car wash, had to get all the salt off the car, yuck! By this time, DS1 is napping for almost an hour, I couldn't wake him up so we had to do McD drive thru, there goes our nice lunch!

So I head off to Costco and the exit ramp is completely backed up! It took a good 15 minutes to get to the parking lot! Thank goodness I had food in the car since DS1 woke up just at that time! I took the first spot in the parking lot I could find, way way in the back. The store wasn't as crowded as the parking lot!! Got the artichoke dip, not the spinach hope it's as good.

Then went grocery shopping and the store was insane!!! Separate lines for seafood, line for filet mignon custom cuts, etc... Crazy!! Thankfully they gave out plenty of free samples and the boys just ate their way thru! :rotfl2:

Came home, put everything away then went to go get a mani/pedi. Then I remembered I forgot Ziploc containers!! I need those on holidays no ones going home with my good tupperware :rotfl:

So I'm finally in my PJs relaxing! DS1 is fast asleep and DS4 is watching the Grinch cartoon for the first time completely amazed! :rotfl2: He's only seen the Movie.

Thanks ladies for the ADR update!!! :flower3: I didn't know about it. It happened at 12 noon today. I'm happy it's 90 days again. I think this is better. Plus I didn't miss my "window" I now call on March 14th.

Annette: I'm not sure about this, but thought of you. They're saying that all recreation is now 90 days booking also, that would include cabanas right? Wasn't it 30 days before? Just want to make sure you know exactly when to call, don't want you to miss a day like last year. Should you investigate this further, let us know....

Mandy: OMG!!!:scared1: I feel for you!!:hug: My DS4 asked me the other day if we could open presents yet. I said no, santa will bring them on Christmas. He said why, they're in a disney bag in your bedroom!! :scared1: :eek: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I need a new hiding spot!! I told him they were our gifts to our relatives, not the Santa presents! Had to think fast!!

Deb: That is the worst when you run out of something in the middle of a recipe or know you bought something then can't find it. I've been there! :goodvibes

Chan: I agree with you, I haven't a clue where these kids are putting all these new toys!?!:confused: I'm stepping on trains now, they really didn't need more!

Princess: I've been to the Disney resort in HHI, back in 2000. We loved it! Disney had a promotion $300 for 5 nights in a two bedroom villa, couldn't beat that! :) I know that Build a Bear at Broadway!! That was the first time I'd ever seen a Build a Bear and just had to make one!! I still have that bear, I named him Jackson because every little boy I came across down there that week was named Jackson! :rotfl:

Lisa: Here's the recipe I found:

Mushroom Risotto
Le Cellier- Epcot

Ingredients:

1/2 lb mushrooms, roasted
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
to taste kosher salt
to taste fresh cracked black pepper
4 Tbsp whole butter
1 small onion
1 lb Arborio rice
7 cups beef stock
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

1. clean mushrooms and toss with enough olive oil just to coat. Add the minced garlic and season with salt and pepper
2. Place on parchment lined sheet pan and roast in 375 oven for 20 minutes. Set aside
3. In a deep six quart, heavy pan, melt 2 to 3 Tbsp of butter over medium low heat.
4. Saute the onions, seasoning with salt and pepper, until soft and clear.
5. Raise the heat to medium and add the rice
6. Cook for about three minutes, stirring frequently until it looks chalky and a white dot is clearly visible in the center of each grain.
7. Meanwhile, bring your beef stock to a simmer.
8. Heat the cream and keep it on low to keep it warm
9. Begin to add the beef stock one cup at a time, simmering and stirring until each addition has been absorbed by the rice before adding the next.
10. After all of the beef stock has been added, fold in the roasted mushrooms. Begin adding the cream, 1/2 cup at a time and begin tasting
11. When ready, rice should be close to tender and creamy
12. Remove pan from the heat and fold in the remaining butter and Parmesan cheese

If I don't get on here tomorrow, I hope everyone has a very very Merry Christmas!! :santa:

Mare

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter