Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 87 days until spring BlueSkies. You keep trying to make winter longer, I'm beginning to think that you really do like winter.:lmao:

Mandy: :eek: Sorry your kids found the toys. Hope you sent your husband out to buy more santa toys. I agree with Chan, they are too little to ruin the magic. It doesn't last long enough, enjoy it while you can.

Vanessa: Bummer about the weather, hope you made it out safely.:goodvibes

Amy: 30 days.:woohoo: It has been fun watching your ticker go down and now your big day is almost here.:goodvibes

hey guys I hope all of you have a great xmas!
I just an awesome bottle of wine and now i am going to relax for the night
It wa so nice to chat with you earlier mando I cant wait to see you feb!

You too! I forgot to tell you that the bank reversed all those charges, LOL! It pays to be nice and never have a NSF! I am LOL because you got to hear my totally mean mommy reaction to dd3 and the dog poop on her feet tantrum...... she is the one that was being carried away at WDW..... now can you understand why i could hear her from so far a way? LOL!

I realized this evening why i have been so short tempered..... i have not taken my "happy mommy" pill the last 3 nights. I have been so tired i passed out and forgotten to take them. I gotta set that phone secretary to call me and remind me. :thumbsup2

Well DH is DH again! :rotfl: He apologized and told me he knew it has been hard with a new dog and twice as many kids home that i am use to. I told him paybacks are in FEB! :laughing: We never get into it but he has been tense about the dog and he told me this afternoon he has HUGE projects at work and he is under major pressure, how he does on these will basically determine if he gets promoted to a level 3 tech. I told him to go workout or have a beer at beef's if he is stressed from now on LOL. He was sad that the kids ruined the surprise and knew DS would totally know the truth about Santa.

Sadly we had the talk with DS6 about Santa.:santa: 6 years and it is all over for him. He has been asking for a few weeks and we knew he was doubting. Well now he knows. He told me that i lied to him when he asked me a few weeks ago. I told him I did not lie that St Nick was real and we looked it up and read about all he did. HE is cool now because he is "in on the secret." He said "so you and daddy eat the cookies and drink the milk? I get to help now, right?" LOL! :santa: The cool thing is DS only saw one thing and the girls ony saw the small little LPS things. they have total surprises in store still! We have to return one of the things they saw that my MIL got DD3 and I need to get DD5 a few more things...... I only have her 2 things and the others are done.... i don't know how i thought i was done.

Off to bed i am gonna be up at 5am so i can be at TRU at 6, again!

Marvel......Glad you're having a great time ;). I hope you come back and post some pics for us :goodvibes. Good luck with the quarter in the video camera :eek:....how did that end up in there :confused3?? Continue having a fab time and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :santa: :santa:

Deb :rolleyes:

I really don;t know how that quarter got there..luckily Mrs M got it out.

I've taken many pics...i should really download but ive been tired each night.

Marvel: Your trip sounds Magical! :wizard: Please post a photo of your christmas tree, I'd love to see what it looks like.

Mare

I will make sure I post one...i really like it.

I have the most sexy voice right now.....deep throaty....Uh not by choice either! I could be a phone operator for 1-800-hotrightnow!:lmao: :lmao:
ttfn! dawn

ummm i called that number...i dont even want to say what i got! :rotfl:

Marvel - Thanks for the update! Your tree sounds lovely. Have you been taking lots of floor pics? :lmao:

Morning! :)

Marvel, thanks for the trip updates!! Sounds like another fun day.:goodvibes Which tree did you decide on? I have ours on our piano now....I love it and felt the same - it was larger and nicer in person than the pics showed.:goodvibes Oh yes....the floors.....any good carpet or tile?;)

Chan

the tree i has tinkerbell on top. I forget the actual name they gave it.

I have some great floor pics..GF Lobby and the 2nd floor of the Contemp are 2 that come to mind. :rotfl:

I Am so mad right now......... :mad:

Aww..im sorry they found those gifts... its sad when they do find out.. my son only has maybe only this year or next to believe.
At Beauty and the Beast tonight, he saw the actor's feet under the costumes, (mrs. potts, chip, luminere) and asked me if there were people in there. (gulp) i told him this was a play and everyone was an actor... :rolleyes1

hiWe had some drama here today. I know what I am taking back.....all DS's gifts. I am so done with that kid. It's gonna be a miserable Christmas for him.

Chan

Im so sorry you are still having problems...I dont know what else i can say ...mine are all younger than him.

Today we went to Disney's studios... the crowds are there but if you have navigated thru summer crowds then you'd have no problem... Im curious to see the increase after Christmas.

Toy story had over a 2 hour wait today, Star Tours had an hour..but with the guide and FP we had no problem.

Had great character interactions. Usually we do not wait on character lines but for the baby we did. He loves Mickey and whenhe looks out from the balcony each night he points to the castle and says "mickey's house'
Now i dont know where he got his accent from but he says house like it is sung in the song "Brickhouse".
We saw Mickey, Bolt, Wooddy & Buzz and the absolute best character Lightning McQueen!!! oh how he loved seeing him. I loved it. We all took pics with him as "life is a highway" played throught the speakers.

Im so tired right now i cant remember half the things we did..
Tomorrow we might head into the Mk to get the kids haircuts but other than that its a resort day.

Oh when we got back to the GF tonight there was a choir on one sode of the tree singing. sounded great!
Tomorrow Santa will be there "for guests of the GF". I dont see how they would or could enforce that...
Also loving the Christmas themed desserts in the RPC.

im beat..need to get some sleep. Night.

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Merry Christmas in case I don't get a chance too check in later. I will be busy cooking all day and my company arrives this afternoon.

Marvel: Thanks for checking in. Glad you are having a grand time. :santa:

Vanessa: Hope you made it to the GF.

Mandy: Sorry you had to have the santa talk with your DS. It is sad when they find out.:sad2: I don't know when DS figured it out, he never let on and still plays along. He's not dumb, santa always brought the biggest presents.:rotfl2: Santa came early this year, we took him and his DGF to Disney for their Christmas present.:santa:

Morning Gals and M :)

Marvel.......Glad Mrs. M got the quarter out of the video camera :thumbsup2. Sounds like you are having a fabulous time.....can't wait to see your pics :goodvibes. Have a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day :santa: :santa:.

Mandy......I'm sorry the santa talk with DS had to come so early :sad2:. It's sad when they find out because it means they're really growing up :sad1:. But now he can be your helper and like you said.....he's in on the "secret".....which is probably fun for him :goodvibes. Glad things are good with you and DH :hug:.

Maxie........Thanks for the update on the spring countdown :). It actually warmed up a bit here :confused:. I took Hunter out about 7:15 and all the ice is starting to melt......it's drizzling but not bad temperature wise :rolleyes1. They did say 40 degrees by Friday :confused3.

Mare......I didn't mind doing ADRs at 180 days because once I decided what I wanted, I pretty much stuck to them :rolleyes:. But 90 days gives a little more time to think about it.....so I'm good with the change :thumbsup2. Sounds like you had quite a crazy day yesterday :crazy:. Glad you got your grocery shopping done but sorry about the McD lunch in the car over a nice sit down with the kids :confused:.

BlueSKies......I am soo glad it's Christmas Eve :santa:. Not to wish my life away....but I'm just so tired of all the running around, baking, and wrapping :faint:. Everybody thinks I'm crazy but by the end of this weekend my Christmas stuff will COME DOWN :eek:. I put it all up the weekend before Thanskgiving so it's been up for 4 weeks now.......so once tomorrow comes and goes, that's it for me until next year :rotfl: :rotfl:. I'm not a "leave up until New Years" kinda gal.........Christmas is over and so are the decorations :rotfl2:.

Hi Chan, Kel, Kristin, Sheli, Traci (where are you, BTW :confused3?) and anyone else I'm missing.

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas Eve :santa:.

Deb

Mandy: Glad you got your DH to see reason :laughing: Sorry you had to have the talk with your DS :sad1: I was skeptical of Santa for 2-3 years (my sister is 5 years younger and everyone did a good job pretending for her sake) but when I was 10 or 11 my Grandma ruined it completely. I distinctly remember being in Walgreens and she said "You know Santa's not real, right?" :rotfl: I knew but I didn't know until then, KWIM? My parents were so mad, and it was so unlike grandma to do that!

Channing: :sad2: Sorry about your problems with your son. Hopefully you can all still have a nice Christmas :rolleyes1

Deb: You sound like me! I have been so scatterbrained lately! I can't remember anything it seems like, and I seem to forget about halfway through each project!

Marvel: Sound like you are having a fun time. Glad baby M is feeling better.

Mare: Sounds like a bad day yesterday. Hope today is better for you

Thanks for the well wishes on my wedding, everyone. I am getting so excited!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Friends......

It is snowing again here.....UGH! Everyone is still sleeping and Im watching Elf drinking coffee.....:)

Vanessa....hopefully you got out yesterday and you are relaxing at the GF!

Marvel...keep your updates coming! Thanks

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family all :angel: ......

Morning everybody!!:goodvibes

MERRY

almost
CHRISTMAS!!!!

I have today to clean the house. Not much else happening until we get ready to go out for dinner. I told the girls the line has been drawn!! :mad: Their rooms MUST be cleaned today. Just got back from running some errands....had to get those donuts for tomorrow & pick up Jo from her friend's house....the dad is a pilot and he is stuck in NV...tons of delays at Ohare. Hope V got to the GF alright and is having a magical time.:)

Marvel! Thanks for checking in again!! Hearing your updates is the next best thing to being there. I am glad you like your tree. The Tink tree was cute....I know the one.

Deb..
..omg.....what a day you had. ANNOYING!:rotfl:

Mandy,
I am sorry about DS finding out so soon. :guilty: Gosh....my kids believed until forever. Lucy still does 1/2 way. I just think life can be crappy enough & kids need all the magic they can have handed their way.:rotfl:

DS is a butt. :headache: No two ways about it. :sad2: His days here in our house are numbered. He is 18. He likes to throw that in my face - among other things.:rotfl: Things are gonna be changing for him. No more magic headed his way. :(

Yep...snow is coming down. No roads plowed.:rolleyes1 But it's pretty.

You all have a wonderful day & Merry Christmas. :santa: I will be around....sneaking Dis breaks between cleaning up.:rotfl:

TTYL!!
Channing

Good Afternoon GF Friends...

Just wanted to pop in and say...

Wishing you all A very MERRY CHRISTMAS! and a wonderful time with your family and friends filled with peace, love and hope....

BlueSkies:santa:

Hey this thread dropped too far down!!! I am sneaking my DIS break. I know my kids won't let me tomorrow. ;)

Are you all having a great day??? My house is Christmas clean.:thumbsup2 Although my standards have dropped.....LOL...it's not quite "company" clean...but we are not having any ...soo.....good enough clean:goodvibes

The kids are on me about when do we leave for our reservation.....:confused: In a FEW HOURS!!! Geeze.....:rolleyes1 I remember those days though....Xmas Eve day was the LONGEST DAY for a kid.:rotfl:

I spent a while looking online to book my spring break escape. I am in the mood for that about now.,:rotfl2: I always return to WDW and GF.....I looked at Hawaii...Jamaica, and St. Thomas...and also Puerto Rico. Nothing holds the GF appeal to me.....SWA has some great fares flying mid week.....I am so tempted. Still wiating to hear if my AZ friends will be doing DL in March though.....they aren't sure about the DH's job...maybe moving to Seattle....bad economy and no building in AZ.:guilty:

Wendy,
I forgot to tell ya...WE LOVE FRANCES!!!! And her sister Gloria. :goodvibes We have all her books. Lu and JO get a kick out of her. I used to have a 45 with the story being read to me..and a read along book when I was a little kid:thumbsup2 LONG time ago.:rotfl:

OK....you guys have a TERRIFIC Holiday!! :santa: I miss you already!!!:rotfl:

Channing:)

Afternoon Gals :goodvibes

I hope everyone is having a nice Christmas Eve Day :santa:. DS and I ran out this morning (crazy I know :rolleyes1) but it really wasn't that bad :rolleyes:. Target was our first stop and there was hardly anyone in there.....same went for Petco :confused3......but we hit the grocery store as our last stop and let me just say :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:. I knew it would be busy but OMG :eek:!!!!!!! Needless to say I planned that to be our last stop and I'm glad I did because if we would have gone there first, I wouldn't have gone anywhere else afterwards :rotfl: :rotfl:. Now we're home for the evening other than picking up pizza or something else carryout for dinner ;).

Back to baking I must go as I have to finish up my cookies since I ran out of Hershey kisses yesterday :headache:.

A Very Merry Christmas to all :santa:.

Deb :)

Mare-Thank you very much for the recipe. I just told DH and he said can we have it tonight. I reminded him that I have ribs in the crock pot and told him I'll make it for him this weekend.

Today I made some fudge for my dad and DH's sister as part of their gifts. I did more chocolate covered pretzels, then we watched Wall-E.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. Safe travels tomorrow - Lisa.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I hope you all have a great day!!

It is so hot here!! i can't believe its Christmas Eve and we are wearing shorts.
We ran to the MK did a few rides and got haircuts for the kids.

We did our photo shoot. we got 120 pics. Can't beat it for 25 bucks.

Saw Santa and Mickey and Minnie in the lobby tonight. I was shocked that there was never a huge line for either one. we waited maybe 5 min for M & M and less than that for Santa.

It was great taking a day off from the parks...nice and relaxing.
We still plan to go to MK tomorrow at 7am and get back before 11 and open presents.

Chan, oh wow you brought back such memories....i forgot how long Christmas eve felt when i was a kid. The day did take forever. I remember going to Grandma's house or they would come to ours and the night just went on and on. great memories, thanks!

The only bad part is my daughter lost her baby doll. We dont even know where...either Disney Studios or here at the Grand. Horrible feeling to see her crying for her baby and you can't do anything about it...hopefully lost and found will get back to us.

I uploaded a few pics and will try to get them on here.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Sorry if they are too big or blurry...was hard to pick from my thumbnails

room view to the side

ChristmasDisney2008442.jpg

ChristmasDisney2008024.jpg

ChristmasDisney2008097.jpg

I dont think this pic of the tree shows it off very well...

ChristmasDisney2008130-1.jpg

ChristmasDisney2008293.jpg

ChristmasDisney2008380.jpg

ChristmasDisney2008349.jpg

ChristmasDisney2008334.jpg

ChristmasDisney2008369.jpg

Mrs. M just came back from shopping. She said people were getting off the monorail and complaining that the shops were closed in the lobby and they needed to buy some gifts.
Im surprised they didnt stay open past 10 this week. :confused3

hey everyone we are up and the kids are done opening all there gifts.
I have some pics of anty on kota!
I also have some pics of that tree that was down and left us with no power for 4 days last week.

Here are some pics of that tree, 4 days with no power because of this tree.
005-6.jpg

now pics of my nephew Brady!

011-3.jpg

Brady is wearing an outfit from Auntie Kelly from Janie and Jack he looks so wonderful!

012-1.jpg

Brady and my dad
010-2.jpg

anty sees Kota

014-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

037-1.jpg

044-3.jpg

The disney parade is on at 10am I am taping it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter