Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds of me logging on at this exact moment and seeing this?!

We have another virus that knocked the computer out of comission. I am on DH's laptop now while I am formatting the hard drive on the infected one. I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and I will be back as soon as I can.

Try not to chat too much!! :rotfl:

Kristin

I love new threads! LOL! Feels so clean and fresh...... AND stuff get buried with the old thread! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just wanted to post on the first page ....... It has been a crazy past few days :scared1:

I will share more on Monday when i get to breath again and slow down and i am sure there will be more to share...... I bet it will be 10 + pages long by the time I get back!

Hi Gals :yay:

Kristin.....Hope your computer is up and running again soon :thumbsup2. DS got a laptop for Christmas and I can't get used to navigating it....it may just take some getting used to :confused:. It takes me so long to move the curser when I'm posting to bold anything or put in any smilies.......I may have to stick with my desktop and leave the laptop to the 13 year old :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Kelly.....I've never done Dance Revolution but it does look like alot of fun :goodvibes.

Hope all you gals are having a nice weekend :flower3:.

Deb :)

I left for a couple of hours and everybody moved.:rotfl2:

Princesses: Did you go for your walk? That is great that it is 80 and you can walk outside. It is cold and rainy here, so we are stuck walking at the mall. 83 days until spring.:thumbsup2

Deb: I would like to see Marley and Me too. It looks cute. I haven't been to a movie in years. The only movies I see are the ones DS brings home on DVD. I need to get out more.:lmao:

Kristin: I was wondering where you were. Good luck getting the computer working again.

Glad everyone is seeing the post!! I am going out tonight with friends, we did every year after Christmas and before the New Year!!

I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow!!!

Hi Gals :yay:

Kristin.....Hope your computer is up and running again soon :thumbsup2. DS got a laptop for Christmas and I can't get used to navigating it....it may just take some getting used to :confused:. It takes me so long to move the curser when I'm posting to bold anything or put in any smilies.......I may have to stick with my desktop and leave the laptop to the 13 year old :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Kelly.....I've never done Dance Revolution but it does look like alot of fun :goodvibes.

Hope all you gals are having a nice weekend :flower3:.

Deb :)

IKWYM about the touchpad thingy. I hate it. Get a mouse for the laptop, it makes it a lot easier. You can get a wireless mouse. It has a usb thingy that you plug into a usb port and you are good to go.:thumbsup2

Deb: I would like to see Marley and Me too. It looks cute. I haven't been to a movie in years. The only movies I see are the ones DS brings home on DVD. I need to get out more.:lmao:

I couldn't even tell you when the last time was we went to a movie it's been so long :rotfl: :rotfl:. When we were coming home from my mom's Christmas Day night the movie theater was PACKED :scared1:......looked like cars were driving around the parking lot and couldn't find a spot :eek:. I guess all the hype of gifts is over so quick everyone needs something to do at night :rotfl2:.

Glad everyone is seeing the post!! I am going out tonight with friends, we did every year after Christmas and before the New Year!!

Have fun tonight, and thanks for starting the new thread.:goodvibes

Have a fun time tonight :thumbsup2.

IKWYM about the touchpad thingy. I hate it. Get a mouse for the laptop, it makes it a lot easier. You can get a wireless mouse. It has a usb thingy that you plug into a usb port and you are good to go.:thumbsup2

I may have to do that so I can relax on the couch watching tv rather than in another room :rotfl:.

Deb :upsidedow

:confused3 How in the world did we get to 250 pages??? :rotfl: I think maybe some of us talk too much :rolleyes1

Ok, back to prepping Em's room for painting this week. :headache: Dumb me decides that the week between Christmas and new years is a good time to paint her room for the arrival of her big girl bed.....wth was I thinking? :confused:

Hi Gals! A new thread...THANKS WISHES QUEEN!!..:thumbsup2 (enjoy your night out)

Kristin I was wondering where you were...I know even if you're busy you manage a drive by post:rotfl: Hope your computer is up and running soon...

Maxie & Deb I dont go to the movies much because as soon as the lights go out and I get comfy I usually fall right to sleep:scared:(in order to stay awake I have to eat alot of junk!!!popcorn:: ) I do much better at home watching a dvd...:laughing:

Princesses 80 what a nice number especially when it is degrees!!:)

Kelly Another game I dont know...what is Dance Revolution?? It must be fun...

Well no cooking again tonight...:yay: going out to dinner with some friends...good thing I rushed to the grocery store to buy the risotto ingredients yesterday!! I guess I'll make it tomorrow...Although I could be persuaded to go out to eat every night...:rotfl:

Need to make sure Channing and Mare and the rest of the gals find their way over here...

Have a good night all:)

something I watched today that I LOVE....the old Andy Hardy movies!! Anybody else or am I totally crazy? The last time I saw any on TV was last Xmas

Holy Krinkles, I love those movies and havent seen any in so long...
Chan you always bring up good memories!!

Only 3 nights left at the Grand..isnt that sad lol

We toured AK today and will be heading out to Epcot for Illuminations tonight.

Finally got my son on EE today.. he said he liked it but didnt want to go back on :rotfl:
Mrs.M pointed out someone in the lobby to me today. She said she saw this person every day and i realized its the person that everyone was talking about sometime back. I don't see how that topic got so big about this person. Didnt seem to stranger to me. :confused3

Finally saw Holiday Wishes inside the park...man, that was a great show...i really liked...and Spectro was great...so glad we finally got to see it.

We've been trying to get to the pool, because it is warm enough but we keep running out of time each day.

Oh i almost forgot to say that narcossees was amazing..we waited 30 minutes for our table and we thinking of just going back to the room because it was 7:30 and the kids were so hungry. But it was Christmas so we waited...Except for the 2 babies we all had filet mignon and it was like BUTTAH! The kids asked to go back before we leave.

Except for crowds around parade times (where main st is closed and everyone is entering or leaving thru an area behind the plaza restaurant) I dont see this as any more crazier than peak summer crowds.
Waits might be a big longer during the afternoon but with FP who cares?

Its funny how close the buzz lightyear ride is to Tony's restaurant when you are backstage. The lazy part of me will always be thinking of that when i visit the MK

I can't remember what i said and what i didnt so if i repeat ...sorry

Met tink and her friends...Tink was great
Tried Tusker House for lunch...glad i tried it but its not for me....
Lunch at Tony's was very good.
Heard there are a lot of season castmembers during this time. Every CM has been great with the exception of some photopass CMs.
They have either been fantastic and getting candid and posed shots or they dont talk and dont do anything until you are posed and ready. Asked one where should we stand and she shrugged her shoulders :confused3

My 4 yo dau rode Dinosaur and wasn't scared at all...my son cried at her age when he rode it.

I thought it was only in the summer that there were a lot of stinky people walking around...i've learned differently. :eek:

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate computers!!!!!!

I have spent all stinkin day on this!! I think I am cutting DH off from the internet since this always seems to happen when he is on it :rolleyes1

I feel like I am so far behind! Have I missed anything??

I see Marvel and family are having fun! :cool1:

Anyone heard from V??? The weather was so crappy earlier this week that I wonder if she got out OK?:confused:

It is pouring again and most of our 2 feet of snow is gone!!!:woohoo:

What did everyone get for Christmas??? I got clothes, a crockpot, snowboarder pants, furry boots and A LOT of wine!!! :yay: It was a good year!

DS got sick- AGAIN!!!!! He has been running a temp since the 23rd. He slept most of the 22nd and the 23rd but was pretty good for the 24th and 25th (except the temp) He goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps until close to 9 am though. That is all that is wrong. Poor kid, sick for Christmas 2 years in a row!!:headache:

OK, off to finish uploading the rest of docs that I had to backup before the big purge!

Later Taters!

Marvel.......Thanks for the update......glad you're having such a great time :goodvibes. It's always sad when a trip is coming to an end :sad2:......that just means you have to start planning the next one right away :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Kristin......So sorry DS is sick again......I hope he feels better soon :hug:. But glad he was ok for Christmas Day :santa:.

I am on DS's laptop as DH is on the desktop and it's taking me forever to post since I can't get used to not using a mouse :headache:.

It's been raining here off and on all day and all of our snow and ice disappeared by early this morning :rolleyes1.....but I think you guys got more snow than we did here :confused:. I'm watching the news now and ALOT of rain is still falling in Chicago and there is fear of flooding :scared1:.

I was wondering about Vanessa too :confused3.

Deb :rolleyes:

Marvel - Glad you all are having such a great time! Loved the tree, BTW!
I'm glad to hear that you think the crowds aren't any worse than peak summer. We want to go one of these years for DD's December b-day but have been scared off by the crowds. That and they do not want to spend Christmas anywhere but home! But mabye we can leave the day after and do a New Years trip!

Maxie - I did go for my walk! We are lucky to have such great weather but then there's no excuse for not getting out to exercise!:laughing:

Kristin - Hope DS feels better!

Before I forget altogether , here's the recipe for Mississippi Mud Cake! OMG - it is sooo gooey and good!

Mississippi Mud Cake

1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. butter
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
4 lg. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 tsp. salt
1 (10.5 oz.) bag miniature marshmallows

Chocolate Frosting

1/2 c. butter
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/3 c. milk
1 (16 oz.) pkg. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until toasted.

Microwave 1 c. butter and semisweet chocolate in a large microwave - safe bowl at HIGH for 1 minute or till melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
Whisk sugar and next 5 ingredients into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch jellyroll pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with mini marshmallows; bake 8 - 10 minutes more or till golden brown.

Drizzle warm cake with Chocolate Frosting, and sprinkle evenly with toasted pecans.

Chatty Cathy's are we????? Thanks Annette!!!!

I am sicker than a dog.....its all in my chest....I hope it doesnt turn into bronchitis..that happens at least once a year though :scared: So much for Airborne...what a waste of money! :mad:

Wendy~thanks for the recipe...sounds yummy!

Kristin~I hate computer junk! Im the only one around here who can fix it..GRRRR!

It is raining cats and dogs here! We were under a tornado watch a couple of hours ago:eek: There is no snow and my backyard is flooded! This is DEF GLOBAL WARMING!

TTFN!
dawn

Hi! OK...I just got back from the movies...double feature, LOL...Lucy and I (OK I can tell YOU GUYS - but I wouldn't post it anywhere else,:rotfl: ) Lucy and I snuck into "The Tale of Despereax"...after "Bedtime Stories"....haven't done that since I was a teenager...and she was like..."I think I am gonna have a panic attack"...I am raising goodie goodies....:rotfl2: DH and Jojo left after Bedtime Stories bedcause Jojo ate too much popcorn and felt blechy. "Bedtime Stories" was soooo cute. We all LOVED IT!!! "Despereax" was good too...but I think I "paid" the right entry fee.:rotfl: It was better than expected though.:thumbsup2 Lucy read the book which is supposed to be outstanding - and she loved it...and she did enjoy the movie and so did I.

THANKS Annette for the new thread!! Have a wonderful fun time tonight!:goodvibes

Wendy,
thanks for that recipe!! I am gonna make it on New Years Eve! I printed it out already.:)

Marvel.
...we must be near the same age. I used to watch those old Andy Hardy movies on Sunday afternoons about 30 yrs ago.:rotfl: They grew on me.....I love Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland.:goodvibes I am NOT the only one that likes those movies!:thumbsup2 GREAT NEWS that you are having decent luck with the crowds and fun times!!!! :goodvibes Good to hear you all enjoyed Narcoossees too!! And didn't get sick....I was worried when you didn't post yesterday.:rotfl: Maybe it's that wicked pear/gorgonzola cheese salad? Can't be the filet or sangria.......That person is just somebody that enjoys the music and the CMs know and it's all good. Nothing like the tales told.:rolleyes: Keep having fun! Enjoy your last few GF nights.:cloud9:

This weather is obnoxious. It was -4 a week ago - as a high!! LOL...and now it's 53 and pouring POURING....it's a mucky mess outside.

Kristin,
sorry DS is sick again!! Wow...I bet it's because he started Kgarden this year. All those nasty new germs. Sounds like you had a nice Xmas....good luck getting that computer fixed.

TTYL...sorry I wrote a book.....I didn't even say Hi to everybody!! BUT HI!!

Chan (chit chat chan is back.:rotfl: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter