Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Everyone!

Wow page 3 already!! What a chatty group...:)

Channing Movie hopping...what would the Amish say...:rotfl:

Amy How nice that you are going to give your Mom that ring on your wedding day...I'm sure that will make it even more special to her :goodvibes

Wendy That recipe does sound delicious...I love all things chocolate...

Marvel Are you heading over to the Hard Rock Hotel?? I thought I remembered you saying you were going to end your trip there...Glad to hear you and your family are having such a good time:thumbsup2

Dawn Talk about global warming..its supposed to be 60 degrees here tomorrow!!:confused3

Kristin Hope DS is feeling better and all of your computer woes will be solved soon:surfweb: The teens used to wreak havoc on mine:headache: Ever since I got a new one they are ONLY allowed to use their own...

Siobhan What a nice way to spend NYE enjoy!:)

We have always enjoyed Narcoosees too...never had the pear salad though and sure wont in the future...:scared:

I bet ringing in the new year at the GF would be great...I wonder what kind of events they have going on there??

Well its getting late and I'm writting a novel here...:laughing: have a good night:flower3:

Amy....how nice!!! Pretty soon you are going to be a "Sadie Sadie Married Lady"...(Ten bucks if you know that one!):bride:

I knew I could count on you Blue!!!! Where is Al when we need him??:rotfl2: Me too on the laptop....teens have ruined my other computers....No Teens Allowed!

Lisa...I will take a muffin...mmmmmmm!!!

We just finished watching Dark Knight...OMG SO GOOD!!!!!!

talk to you tomorrow...off to take some cold meds

dawn :sick:

I cant stay up either!!! :rotfl: That is why I am dreading Feb! They are gonna make me stay up.....WAHHH!!!! I told everyone I am not pretty when I am over tired! :rotfl:

OH YA!!!!!! when you have a couple drinks you wont know what time it is.....hey also when its 11 pm in WDW its only 8 pm in California...so you arent up late!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dawn I'll take that ten :) ...I love Funny Girl!! Striesand...what a voice..:lovestruc Watched that with DD recently also...she loves all of the old movies too...That cold has been hanging around for a while:sick: hope your starting to feel better...

I cant stay up either!!! :rotfl: That is why I am dreading Feb! They are gonna make me stay up.....WAHHH!!!! I told everyone I am not pretty when I am over tired! :rotfl:

You are GONNA STAY UP LATE!!!:cool1: PRETTY doesn't matter. :rotfl: PARTY matters.

exactly!!!!!!!

OH YA!!!!!! when you have a couple drinks you wont know what time it is.....hey also when its 11 pm in WDW its only 8 pm in California...so you arent up late!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

I am pretty much a night owl. I am more worried about the getting out of bed in the morning part.......:rolleyes1 Besides, the tiaras on our heads will keep us looking beautiful no matter how much we drink! :lmao:

Dawn I'll take that ten :) ...I love Funny Girl!! Striesand...what a voice..:lovestruc Watched that with DD recently also...she loves all of the old movies too...That cold has been hanging around for a while:sick: hope your starting to feel better...

I love Barbara Streisand. My favorite movie of hers is "What's Up Doc?"

Morning All :surfweb:

This weather we're having is so crazy. Yesterday it rained most of the day and everything melted with it being almost 60 degrees and today it's terribly windy and in the 20s :headache:. Last night the wind was so horrible I thought the house was going to come down :eek:. I wish spring would hurry up and get here already :rolleyes:.

Dawn......I hope you're feeling better today :flower3:.

BlueSkies......I'll take your 60 degree weather :). It was almost 60 here yesterday but the temps dropped over night and now we're only in the 20s :scared1:.....it's only supposed to be a high of around 28 today :scared:. Talk about crazy wicked weather :sad2:.

Siobhan......I hope those antibiotics have kicked in and you feel better soon :).

Hi to everyone else!!!!! Yesterday we stayed home all day with it raining and I think today will be spent the same way with the winds so strong......not to mention it being FREEZING COLD :cold:. But I am glad it was warm enough to melt all the snow and ice so we're not dealing with that (for now atleast :rolleyes1).

Deb :goodvibes

Hello everyone! I'll admit I have sought you out (WOW - Chat thread #4!) because you have all been so helpful answering my questions and so on in the past. This one isn't WDW specific, and I am looking for ideas from people who love to travel and have been lots of places, so I thought of you. I am also posting this question with the new firends I have met on the Wish Trippers thread, hoping someone out there has a good idea for me. Sorry this is so long, skim away...

As a reminder, my hubby and I are parents to twin boys who are now 10. our son Mark has cerebral palsy, uses a walker or wheelchair and is bright as a spark. We had a fantabulous Wish Trip to Orlando in November - a week and Give Kids the World followed by 3 nights at the GF (thanks again Kelly for all your help, and to you all for helping us get to know Vonnie!)...and I think I am still in Disney Depression mode. We've had a tough fall, with not great health for Mark, moving out of our house for a major renovation, and my mother is slipping quuickly into dementia. Enough said.

So now I have a question for my friends spread over the lovely USA. We are from Toronto, Canada, where we've had a fairly snowy couple of weeks, although yesterday was "warm" and rainy - the snow was melting so fast it created quite a bit of fog.

The last week or two has reminded me that it is so very tough for Mark to get around outside by himself in the winter months. It's a real drag for him, and it does end up affecting his mood and sleep patterns. We do downhill ski as a family (Mark is in a sit-ski with guides), but that is just not enough to get us through the winter. I've also been thinking longingly of our wonderful time at WDW in November, and thinking about all the fresh air and exercise (as well as FUN!!!). Last March Break, I swore never again would we just sit at home. My plan was to take Mark someplace and have Peter take Douglas on a ski trip...but that just didn't get organized.

Which brings me to my question. March Break is coming (not soon enough!) and, as usual, we have no plans. Now this is a rotten year to try and pitch a March Break trip to my hubby, what with renovation expenses and needing to be nearby as we'll be in the last month of inside work then, the economy is terrible and we're being careful with money, Peter is tight on vacation time (guess I shouldn't be so easy to OK that ski trip of his in January!?!) so I'd have to go on my own with the boys, and so on.

However, if I could think of someplace warmish, with easy walking and relatively accessible), fine (safe) and fun for a mum and her 2 10 year old boys, and great value (but still nice enough, we do deserve some spoiling after all, if we're going!) and easy travel (they weren't so good on their first taste of jet lag last year)...maybe I'd give it a try. Of course, the obvious answer is "I wanna go to DisneyWorld!", but that is just not happening. I have a friend with a place in Vero Beach Florida, but I think she'll have a full house.

Anyone have any sugggestions to fuel my dreams?

Thanks to all for always welcoming me whenever I "pop" in with a question/comment. Hope you have all had a lovely Christmas!

Thanks,
Alison

Morning, all!:goodvibes

Wendy
, as you can see.....I might be lame oh on getting up early so we can be late together.:rotfl: I have been sleeping til 1030 or later!! I don't normally do that.....i am up at 530....but on vacation mode I slip!:rolleyes1 We can meet the early birds.

Just checking in. We are having another lazy day. I am making them help me straighten the house though. And my laundry is mega piled up.......so reality check day.

Dawn, I hope you are feeling better....and Siobhan you too.

TTYL!
Channing:)

82 days until spring.

It is almost 60 here and most of the snow is gone.:yay: I know this won't last, but I'll enjoy it while it is here.

Chan: Naughty naughty, sneaking into the movies.:rotfl2:

Lisa: I'll take a muffin too if there are any left.

Amy: That is so sweet about the ring. I'm sure your mother will love it.:goodvibes

Chan - That sounds like a plan! I've been sleeping in late this past week, too...

Amy - the ring sounds beautiful. That is so sweet of you!

We are deciding between the going to the movies and another day of lounging. So far, lounging is winning...:rolleyes1

Morning Gals......

feeling a little better today...we will see though! Siobhan send me some of your drugs! :rotfl2:
Today is DH's birthday so its whatever he wants to do...I think Home Run Inn pizza and Tripoley :goodvibes

Tomorrow I need to make my ADR's for our spring break trip....i havent given it one bit of thought and I dont like to make mine so early...
we like spur of the moment and going with what we feel like eating but forget that at WDW...how the He(double hockey sticks) do I know what I feel like eating in Mar or April:scared: Probably the old standards we like....

Hey Im with you gals....stay up late and wake up late on vacay :thumbsup2 Im a lazy butt!

Hey anyone want to fly in for breakfast on Tues???

Allison...I will have to think about that one....;)

later peeps,
dawn:flower3:

Good Afternoon Everyone:flower3:

Alison How about a trip to Disneys Vero Beach Resort if you have friends in Vero Beach that would be a nice way to visit...

I have never been there but my aunt took my DD with her a fews years ago and they loved it...I've seen pics and its looks very nice...Also alot less costly than WDW...:confused3

Dawn I'd fly in for breakfast but I need a little more notice!!:rotfl:

Deb I bet that weather is heading our way...:headache: But today 60 degrees and sunny...DH and I went out for a walk....it was nice:) No walking when its cold out because guess what ?!..I hate cold weather...:laughing:

Maxie I like your idea about walking in the mall....except for how do you not stop in all the shops( I think Sheli might have trouble with this too....:laughing:) Not sure I'd have enough will power:confused3

Princesses Whats Up Doc is a great Streisand movie too...very funny...

Well I'm off to fold some...:laundy: TTYL:upsidedow

BlueSkies (sorry, I don't know everyone's "real" name), thanks for that idea. I wondered about that too - I could really use a dose of any kind of Disney Magic right now! Here's a silly question - how does one go about getting a quote for Disney's Vero Beqach? Can you just reserve on the main system? Or is travel agent best?

It's a neat idea, especially because I would have my friend's support (nice to have that when I am travelling alone with the boys) and also because the boys have only been to the ocean for a quick visit after we went to the Kennedy Space Centre.

Thanks again...
Alison

Afternoon all. I have about 15 muffins left, I wish I could send them through the computer to you. I guess I'll take them to work tomorrow. I'm balancing my checkbook and going through receipts - wow Christmas sure was nice, it adds up way too quickly!

Hope everyone has a peaceful afternoon, I plan on curling up and watching a movie after I pay a few bills. Talk to you later - Lisa.

Alison, use a TA...there are discounts for Vero just like WDW and DL.

It's cute...they have characters and kids programs & character meals.... We haven't done it in years though. My grandparents lived in Vero for years and we'd visit them and the Disney Vero hotel.:goodvibes They have nature activities for kids & fun stuff on the beach. It might be turtle hatching season....forget when that is....It's very laid back in Vero.

Good luck.....I couldn't answer your OP because I am in that same boat & not in a good mind on spring break:rolleyes1 ....I was planning on DL with our AZ friends, but due to the economy lenders aren't loaning (even the big ***** that got the bail out...they are HOARDING their govt money:mad: )...nobody is building and my friend's DH might have to transfer to WA after Jan 31....so everything is uncertain for them and our trip......I was looking at Caribbean vacations....something different, but all roads are leading me back to WDW.:rotfl: :rolleyes: I will probably wind up staying home for spring break because I am waiting too long to decide.:rolleyes: Plus I have a bad DS18....not sure what to do about him if we go anywhere. :guilty: He needs a babysitter.:rotfl: Another reason I might be staying home......:sad2:

Happy travels,
Channing

Page 4!!!!!!! I think I am all caught up!!!

Wendy - I think I am going to make that cake for the eve, my DHs family would love that. Thanks

Last night was fun, I did bet on one race. The fog was so thick that you couldn't even see the horses. But the Sangria was GREAT!!!

I called to make my ADRs for June and its still only 90 days out, but she told me that I should keep calling incase it changes.

I hope everyone is feeling better!!!! I took my tree down, but I am going to clean tomorrow!! Everyone is calling me Scrooge, too bad!!! lol lol lol

Afternoon All :flower3:

It's a lazy day around here today too :cloud9:. I actually just took a shower and threw on sweats and a big comfy sweatshirt.......not going out anywhere today so I'm gonna be comfortable :goodvibes. Just waiting for 3:00 to roll around to watch my Dallas Cowboys play :thumbsup2.

Chan.......We're not going anywhere for spring break either......we did the last 2 years but we decided to stay home this break :rolleyes1. Our spring break is always the last full week of March so once that comes and goes it won't be too much longer that we'll be getting ready to go to Disney in June :thumbsup2. Which, BTW, SW airfare is still pretty sucko (you got me hooked on that word :rotfl:) for late June :mad:. I'm hoping they change for the better because I don't want to be paying $159 each way :headache:.

Annette.......Don't feel bad.......my tree and Christmas decorations came down FRIDAY :rolleyes:. As far as I'm concerned Christmas is OVER come the 26th and I can't stand to look at everything any longer :rotfl: :rotfl:.

BlueSkies.......It's sunny here today but COLD :eek:. DH washed both trucks and is now doing his work truck.......gotta love him :love:. Now I'll have a nice clean truck to drive this week :goodvibes. (although I was going to wash them tomorrow.....he just beat me to it :rolleyes1).

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday :).

Deb :upsidedow

Seems like everyone is having a lazy day too. Glad I'm not the only one. I'm doing laundry and watching the football game. It is warm out, but very windy and cloudy.

BlueSkies: There are a lot of closed stores at our mall, so not much temptation.:rotfl2: I do manage to find some things sometimes anyway,:rotfl2: With the sales and coupons at Macy's, they practically give things away. The mall opens early for walkers before the stores open. We usually don't go that early though, unless we are going for breakfast after our walk.:rotfl2: I would like to go early, but my sil doesn't get going early. She is older and retired, no need to get up early.

Channing Vero sounds really nice...wonder why we've never thought of going there:confused3 I hear you on not wanting to leave DS home alone...When we go away with out DSs we leave Grandma to help out...!!! Grandma LOVES rules(she makes up her own too:rotfl: !!)...she keeps everything in check...:thumbsup2

Alison Hope that this works out for you...judging from Channings info it sounds like it will be perfect for you and your boys:)

Maxie There is a thought... go walking at the mall before the stores open...that just might work...;)

Annette I guess we should call and check every so often about the ADR booking window...:confused3 There are certain restaurants I definately want to eat at...wish they'd make up their minds already 90 180...:confused:

Lisa You have lucky co workers!! didnt you bring in some of your holiday baking also...how nice... I make "homemade" muffins alot too from the Betty Crocker mix...;)

Supersmart Missed your post before..Happy New Year to you too:)

Have a good afternoon everyone...:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter