Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun at breakfast tommorow Chicago Gals!

Blue Skies - Why did I think you were in Illinois too? Or are you N.Y.? Can't keep everyone straight!:upsidedow

I used to work at LA!! I got some great things over the years with my fabulous 40% offf discount!:goodvibes

I guess I missed the ticker disappearing act....

We saw Bedtime Stories - very cute!

Princesses I cant keep anything straight!!:rotfl: I'm an Illinois gal wanna be so I can go to breakfast too... I really would love to be in the south with you gals...Carolinas are nice but Florida is my favorite...Wonder why:rolleyes1 I would be wearing out my annual pass...:laughing:

The last time the tickers kept coming and going...at first I thought it was just me...:scared: Like didnt I see my ticker just a few minutes ago...it was weird!!!

Yay, tickers are back! I was starting to wonder if our tickers got banned! ;)

I am so with you Kirstin! I can not believe DS does not go back till next TUESDAY! I do not drink but i think i may take it up I am sure i can handle anything if i disguise it with OJ or COKE..... :drinking1 :upsidedow

HE jumped on the trampoline a ton today and guess what? Still enough energy to bug his sisters and make em scream and bug me by getting into all kinds of things around here! OH, and he committed the mother of all sins while he was suppose to be washing up for dinner.... he put a Basin bath bomb in the sink! :headache: :scared1: :headache: :scared1: I was horrified because he had to stand up on the sink to reach the top cabinet to get to my bath bombs! So as punishment I took $$$ out of his piggy bank to buy me a new one! Taking $ he is saving for a DS hurts him worse than if I beat him. He actually said "can,t you just spank me?" :rotfl:

Is it just me or are your kids over the Christmas presents...... they are not even playing with them..... I think i am gonna thin out toys and put some away. WE have too many out and I have gotten lazy about my rotation routine :rolleyes:

Yay, tickers are back! I was starting to wonder if our tickers got banned! ;)

I am so with you Kirstin! I can not believe DS does not go back till next TUESDAY! I do not drink but i think i may take it up I am sure i can handle anything if i disguise it with OJ or COKE..... :drinking1 :upsidedow

HE jumped on the trampoline a ton today and guess what? Still enough energy to bug his sisters and make em scream and bug me by getting into all kinds of things around here! OH, and he committed the mother of all sins while he was suppose to be washing up for dinner.... he put a Basin bath bomb in the sink! :headache: :scared1: :headache: :scared1: I was horrified because he had to stand up on the sink to reach the top cabinet to get to my bath bombs! So as punishment I took $$$ out of his piggy bank to buy me a new one! Taking $ he is saving for a DS hurts him worse than if I beat him. He actually said "can,t you just spank me?" :rotfl:

Is it just me or are your kids over the Christmas presents...... they are not even playing with them..... I think i am gonna thin out toys and put some away. WE have too many out and I have gotten lazy about my rotation routine :rolleyes:

:scared1: :eek: Not a bath bomb!!!! At least if he would have put it in his bath he might have relaxed and chilled out a bit...:rotfl2:

BlueSkies........It was kind of nice here today.....in the 40s and sunny but windy so it made things a little cold :rolleyes1. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 40s again but with the temp dropping as the day goes on.......with flurries coming sometime in the evening :headache:. I think we're back to COLD again with snow :sad2:. I guess I'm ok with it as we don't have any plans for New Years Eve.......we'll probably just order something out and stay home and watch movies or something relaxing :goodvibes......especially since DH and I can't hardly stay up past 9:00 anymore......not sure if we'll make it til midnight to ring in 2009 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Chan.....You had to know your first ticker would come back as soon as you got a different one :rotfl: :rotfl:. Just stay away from the ovulation tickers :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

Wendy.......Glad you liked the movie :). Bedtime Stories looks like a cute movie along with Marley and Me ;).

Deb :rolleyes:

:scared1: :eek: Not a bath bomb!!!! At least if he would have put it in his bath he might have relaxed and chilled out a bit...:rotfl2:

It did not dissolve all the way so i should make him take a "baby bath" with it instead of his "big boy shower" like he calls them now!

Hi everyone!

Just jumping on during our last night.
We are glad to be heading over to universal tomorrow...with 9 nights here we are starting to miss home...so universal will help.

I found the crowds....everyone is at Downtown Disney. I couldnt believe how packed it was...we went there after the mini golf across from the swan...The kids wanted to do it and it was nice...we aren't big mini golf fans but it was a nice change of pace.

Was enjoying a beer on the balcony earlier and cant get over what a great room this is. with the side view you can see the monorail go by and have views of the marina (of course) the castle, astro orbiter, space mountain , the contemporary and the rest of the GF... i will miss the view.

Universal should be interesting...i know basically nothing about the place and its restaurants so everything we do will be by ear...

Happy New Year to all in case i cant check back in!

Hi everyone!

We are glad to be heading over to universal tomorrow...with 9 nights here we are starting to miss home...so universal will help.

I found the crowds....everyone is at Downtown Disney. I couldnt believe how packed it was...we went there after the mini golf across from the swan...The kids wanted to do it and it was nice...we aren't big mini golf fans but it was a nice change of pace.

Was enjoying a beer on the balcony earlier and cant get over what a great room this is. with the side view you can see the monorail go by and have views of the marina (of course) the castle, astro orbiter, space mountain , the contemporary and the rest of the GF... i will miss the view.

Universal should be interesting...i know basically nothing about the place and its restaurants so everything we do will be by ear...

Marvel....sounds like you have had an awesome trip. Good to know about the crowds around xmas time....maybe thinking of Dis at xmas next year so i would def like your imput on crowd comparision from summer to xmas.
dawn:goodvibes

Hi gals- finally checking in. My friend had to bring me my power cord for my laptop. Loved the GF. We spent a lot of time at the pool and the weather was beautiful. We had a marina view in Conch which I loved because it was so convenient to everything.

Loved, loved, loved our guide. Mandy she has met you and says hello. Her brother is the Podcast guy who is getting ready to have a baby. We spent two days with her and I never worried about a thing or even read a park map. It was awesome. Lexi did not want to ride a lot of rides so she stayed with the guide a lot. I would never do these crazy crowds without her and it was the best money I spent on the entire trip. I just got to enjoy!!

The crowds are crazy. Hollywood studios closed to capacity yesterday.

I will check in later! V

Morning Gals and Marvel :surfweb:

Marvel.......Sounds like you've had an awesome trip :thumbsup2. Thanks for all your reports......have fun at Universal :). HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Vanessa.......We were all wondering if you made it out ok on your departure day with all the crazy weather everybody was having :rolleyes1. Glad you are enjoying yourself :goodvibes. I knew you'd have an awesome time :yay:.

Dawn, Chan, & Kristin........See you gals at 10:00 :).......unless I get lost :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (JK ;)).

Hope everyone has a great day :flower3:.

Deb :rolleyes:

Hi gals- finally checking in. My friend had to bring me my power cord for my laptop. Loved the GF. We spent a lot of time at the pool and the weather was beautiful. We had a marina view in Conch which I loved because it was so convenient to everything.

Loved, loved, loved our guide. Mandy she has met you and says hello. Her brother is the Podcast guy who is getting ready to have a baby. We spent two days with her and I never worried about a thing or even read a park map. It was awesome. Lexi did not want to ride a lot of rides so she stayed with the guide a lot. I would never do these crazy crowds without her and it was the best money I spent on the entire trip. I just got to enjoy!!

I will check in later! V

OMG~ you had Anna as a guide! She use to do the Keys to the Kingdom tours! She is so sweet and I cant believe she remembers me! Small World!

I think I have decided that I want a job as a guide..... I LOVE the parks and LOVE dragging people all around it! LOL!

Glad you are having a great trip! Sounds like having a guide was the best with the crowds. I have a friend who got Disney tickets for Christmas and she was gonna go SAT after Christmas and I told her to WAIT, to many people!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Good Morning All!

Marvel Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip so far:) Hope you enjoy Universal too...Are you staying at the Hard Rock?? Good to know about the miniature golf....never thought about doing that at Disney...does sound like a nice way to take a park break...I was at DTD earlier in the month and it was very crowded then too:confused3 I liked it better when it was a sleepy little shopping village ...any one remember the Empress Lily riverboat there...it had a great character breakfast....forget what the boat is called now....

Vanessa We were wondering how your trip was going...glad that you enjoyed having the guide...seems like that really lets you make the most out of a day in the parks....:thumbsup2

Deb I didnt know you were going to breakfast too...have a great time:goodvibes

Cold and windy day here...thought about going for a walk...but scratched that idea:rotfl: instead I'll just clean up after every one...isnt cleaning and vacuming exercise???:rotfl: then I think I'll just relax and look at my beautiful Christmas tree all lit up!!! Yes its still up!!....I guess I am the only on who didnt put away my holiday stuff yet....

Still working on my ADR list...would like to know what the June park hours are...that always helps me to plan where we are going to be each day....

A June weather question...is there rain every day like July and August...???

Have a nice day everyone....TTYL:flower3:

Good morning everyone!

Marvel sounds like you are having a nice time.

Vanessa Glad you enjoyed your time with the guide!

BS I haven't put away our Christmas stuff either, too lazy!

IL Gals have fun at breakfast. I would join you if I were just a little bit closer!

Ugh, I am suffering from severe lack of motivation to do anything. I have papers to write and problems to do for grad school but I just don't feel like it. I have things I need to do here at work, but can't hardly bring myself to. I need to clean up around the house but I haven't yet. I have wedding stuff to do that I just stare at listlessly. I can't seem to find any will to do anything! The only thing I have been doing is going to the gym! I think I am just so ready to go to WDW and get married that I am a little zoned out on everything else!

Have a great day, everyone!

Amy~ I am suffering from severe lack of motivation also..... at least you are going to the gym..... I have not walked in a few weeks. I didi do Yoga last night and it killed me!

I think i am gonna go and try to put a dent in my pile of laundry that needs to be folded...... the kids are getting low on underwear :rotfl:

Hi everyone!

Marvel thanks for checking in.....we had that room and they felt bad for giving it to us last Thanksgiving when they upgraded us.:rotfl: But like you - I loved the view!! That side view is neat. :) Wow!! DTD....we rarely even go there. That's wild.....I wonder why they are hanging out there. :confused3 Enjoy Universal & I hope your mom gets into town safely. I know what you mean....toward the end of our long summer trip the kids just wanted to hang out in the hotel room, play, and watch TV.:rotfl: Vacation wears ya out. Try and keep having fun - the change of scenery will be nice....FOTL is a neat perk. :goodvibes Happy New Year!:cool1:

Marvel....sounds like you have had an awesome trip. Good to know about the crowds around xmas time....maybe thinking of Dis at xmas next year so i would def like your imput on crowd comparision from summer to xmas.
dawn:goodvibes

I think Marvel got lucky...due to the economy or whatever. Christmas crowds are TERRIBLE. The parks close and it's a mess.....no personal space.:rolleyes1

I will check in later! V

V! Thanks for checking in!! I am so glad to hear from you and that you're having a nice time.....we were all wondering! That's neat about the guide. Mandy is popular.:goodvibes Enjoy the rest of your trip!:goodvibes

Good morning everyone!

Marvel sounds like you are having a nice time.

Vanessa Glad you enjoyed your time with the guide!

BS I haven't put away our Christmas stuff either, too lazy!

IL Gals have fun at breakfast. I would join you if I were just a little bit closer!

Ugh, I am suffering from severe lack of motivation to do anything. I have papers to write and problems to do for grad school but I just don't feel like it. I have things I need to do here at work, but can't hardly bring myself to. I need to clean up around the house but I haven't yet. I have wedding stuff to do that I just stare at listlessly. I can't seem to find any will to do anything! The only thing I have been doing is going to the gym! I think I am just so ready to go to WDW and get married that I am a little zoned out on everything else!

Have a great day, everyone!

Hang in there, Amy.
It's probably a lot going on.....and a wedding too.....omg....Just go thru the motions and get what you HAVE to done....leave the rest. So what if the house isn't perfectly clean? It will be the same or worse next week.:rotfl: It's not going anywhere......but down.:rotfl2: Just think!! What fun....you're almost MARRIED!!!!!!:bride: You're almost on your dream wedding trip and honeymoon. :yay: Think good happy thoughts. :goodvibes

OK! I am off....have to meet the GALS!!!

Have fun all!! I hope I remember my camera.....:rolleyes1

TTYL!
Chan- who was up ALL flippin night!! I am serious....my mind was a whirl...and Gwen Stefani's RICH GIRL was going thru my head like a chant all night!:rotfl: :rotfl: Jojo was cleaning her room to it yesterday for an hour and it's stuck in my brain.:eek:

Hi everyone, I found you all! :rotfl2: I'm 8 pages behind!!

The country house was practically snowed in. We had to put the SUV into all wheel drive just to get into the drive way! :rotfl: It was pretty and really relaxing. I watched TV all weekend while DH and the boys played with their new power wheel ride-ons Santa brought them. They loved getting stuck in the snow! :rotfl:

Marvel: I used to work for Universal's Parent Company here in NYC in their corporate office. It was back in the 90's when they were building Islands of Adventures. I've been there twice, and it's nothing like Disney World. It was different.... We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and the only good thing about that hotel is the Palm Steak House - amazing steaks! Oh one cool fact, all the trees in Seuss Landing are from Hurricane Andrew - they're all bent in wacky shapes. Have fun, it's a different experience completely. DH hated City Walk. We had rented a car and actually went back to Downtown Disney a few nights. Back then, Emeril's had a "jacket required" policy - don't know if they still do - but inside a theme park that's nuts! Inside a resort is one thing! So we left and went to DTD each night.:laughing:

Blue Skies: I never thought to stash money away now for splurges on vacation, but it's a good idea. I read about it on someone's TR. I don't think I'm going to buy the Disney Gift Card. The Spa is an outside company and can decline the card at anytime. I'm just going to stash some spa cash in my Disney bag and forget it's there :rotfl: I'd rather do that now than feel guilty charging it to the room later. I hate having a large room bill!!

Hey, did you ever make the risotto?? I have to run out tomorrow and buy the ingredients. I hope it's good.

I found that LV Mickey Head on the Creative Dis thread. It's amazing what those people create. I found one link that has lots of stuff. I printed "Penny Press Labels" that you put on the mini M&M tubes to hold all your quarters and pennies. DS4 liked it. He loves those Penny Press machines. I'm not sure I'm up for printing my own T-Shirts yet :rotfl2:

Here's the link if anyone's interested in checking it out:

For some reason, you can't access the files without the link.. (you can't save the file to your computer, it won't give you access)

Click on "4shared.com" link in "Donatalie" signature (shes the first post)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1786459

(the Designer Mickey Heads are under "T-Shirt Designs"

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a ton of cleaning to do. Still have Xmas presents everywhere! I kept thinking I had a whole week to clean and do things but NYE is tomorrow already!!! We stayed an extra day this weekend, and it really threw me off. I keep thinking it's Monday when it's TUESDAY!!

TTYL,
Mare

Amy With everything coming up so quicky I would be zoned out too...23 days!!! How exciting!! Channing is right everything else will keep... Your Disney wedding is almost here...:bride: I forget are you staying at the GF for your honeymoon? No matter where its going to be great!!!:goodvibes

Mandy MY DD loves pop tarts...especially the chocolate ones...a nice healthy breakfast...:rotfl:

Channing Hope yu remembered your camera...I cannot ever go out with out forgetting something...the worst is when I forget the to do list....:rotfl:

Maxie Oh no ...spring...how many days...:confused3 I guess I could read back a few pages...too lazy...I know you'll know;)

I'm off to do:laundy: too it never goes away...:sad2:

Hi everyone!

Marvel - The Kitchen restaurant there at the Hard Rock is good! Nothing too fancy but good! Good ice cream in the 24 hour place there in the HR,too.

Also, we liked The Odyssey at Islands of Adventure. It supposed to be the best sit down in the parks. A rainstorm forced us to take cover and it was close to supper so we ate there. Not sure if they take ADR's. The Italian place at Portofino is supposed to be good and there's a lot of places at CityWalk - Margaritaville,etc.
I think theres a Dr. Suess character breakfast in Suessland at IOA too.

You will LOVE front of the line! Have a great time! I couldn't get my kids out of the Hard Rock pool either! DD had to enter the air guitar contest. FUNNY!!

Amy With everything coming up so quicky I would be zoned out too...23 days!!! How exciting!! Channing is right everything else will keep... Your Disney wedding is almost here...:bride: I forget are you staying at the GF for your honeymoon? No matter where its going to be great!!!:goodvibes

:sad2: No, we don't get to do the GF this time. We are staying at BWI (I know, I know :scared1: , but we actually had a GOOD experience there (mostly, just probs with other guests :rolleyes: ) last time) for four nights, since it is convenient to Sea Breeze Point (where we are getting married), then one night in a honeymoon suite at WL (don't know about this, hated AKL but want to try all deluxes and it has concierge access), then a four night cruise in a cat 7 (never cruised before, hope I don't get sick :laughing: ), then 3 more nights at the CR (new delux for us too). I got all the hotels with good AP rates. Origionally we were going to do two nights BWI then three nights GF, btu there were no GF AP rates and the price difference was well over $250/night between GVs :sad2: DF said book it anyway, but even though we could have afforded it, I didn't feel right about it. I know we will be back (probably once or twice this year even) and hopefully we will do the GF one of those times :thumbsup2 . Gotta keep coming up with excuses to go back :rotfl2: !

Thanks for the nice words, everyone! I'm sure the blah will go away soon!

PS: Mandy I ONLY go to the gym because DF wants to go and won't go without me :rolleyes: . Men!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter